Would it hurt to put a a car stereo with cd player in a 1984 mustang convertible? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-14-2011, 02:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Would it hurt to put a a car stereo with cd player in a 1984 mustang convertible?

i take it to car shows
ashbbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2011, 02:47 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Would it hurt to put a a car stereo with cd player in a 1984 mustang convertible?

Maybe you'll get a scratch but if ur a tough man then no
abiram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:15 PM   #3

Its an 84 stang, hell no it won't hurt, I hate to insult that particular car, i mean really hate, since its the first generation of the Saleen and I respect it a lot for that but it is definitely one of the less desirable models of mustang for the classic car collector the body style isn't as desirable neither is the engine that came stock really. By no means would an after market stereo hurt its value (Keep in mind this is assuming is not a saleen or a special edition of some kind), it might actually help since the factory stereos in those years were awful. The people who that car is most desirable to is racers since it weighs very little and parts are readily available, and to them the stereo won't really matter either way. Besides most of the time its easy to put an aftermarket stereo in and swap it back out later. However I think you might have to mod your dash a little.
Alrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2011, 03:22 PM   #4

No it wouldnt but if you want to keep it close to stock its up to you. I have two friends one with a 77 Caprice classic and his Cd palyer is in the glove box another friend has a 64 impala all stock with the radio mounted under the dash area
Fardoragh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:32 PM   #5

It will hurt like hell you'll wish you were dead massive cramping and spasms are to be expected.
Chul is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Tags
1984 mustang