What radio harness for pioneer mixtrax - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-10-2013, 07:46 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
What radio harness for pioneer mixtrax

I got a mixtrax FH-X700BT from pioneer. I have the wire harness that came with the mixtrax but it doesn't have a illumination/dimmer wire and I'm not getting power I also have 2 wires coming from the car when everything is hooked up no power to my radio and now no power to my dash lights I need help.
12.1 @ 117.9 (1.7) in 1/4th
7.6 @ 92.1 (1.6) in 1/8th
Speed_Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2013, 02:12 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Hey there I also have a pioneer radio similar to your. Mine fortunately had the illumination/dimmer wire on the harness(weird that yours doesn't honestly). That particular wire though shouldn't have anything to do with your radio getting power. Some things I would check if I were you is the power wire itself, make sure you have a solid ground connection (if you look hard enough back behind all the wires you should notice a gang of black wires bolted down to metal), and also the fuse for the radio. If you used the correct harness for your car it should be pretty simple hook up. I don't believe you would have any wires left over either like you said.
02mineralgreygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:21 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02mineralgreygt View Post
Hey there I also have a pioneer radio similar to your. Mine fortunately had the illumination/dimmer wire on the harness(weird that yours doesn't honestly). That particular wire though shouldn't have anything to do with your radio getting power. Some things I would check if I were you is the power wire itself, make sure you have a solid ground connection (if you look hard enough back behind all the wires you should notice a gang of black wires bolted down to metal), and also the fuse for the radio. If you used the correct harness for your car it should be pretty simple hook up. I don't believe you would have any wires left over either like you said.
Hey this is speed mister off of my friends phone I need to know what harness you have or what radio it came with.
IIAMSTARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2013, 10:48 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIAMSTARK View Post
Hey this is speed mister off of my friends phone I need to know what harness you have or what radio it came with.
Receiver Wire Harness For select 2001-03 Ford and Lincoln vehicles at Crutchfield.com

If you have the Mach 460 system This is the harness I/you should used along with the harness that comes in the box with the radio. From there you would just would wire the harness listed above with the harness that comes with your pioneer radio. (let me know if I lost you) once its all wired up correctly you simply just go and plug it in. if still no power come on after that I would check the following I stated earlier...you can also go to your local best buy and pick up that harness...I used to work there and we carried them in stock most the time but it may be more$$ so tell them to just price match that one lol...are you planning on bypassing the factory amps and using a subwoofer or anything?
Old 01-14-2013, 12:48 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Receiver Wire Harness For select 2001-03 Ford and Lincoln vehicles at Crutchfield.com

If you have the Mach 460 system This is the harness I/you should used along with the harness that comes in the box with the radio. From there you would just would wire the harness listed above with the harness that comes with your pioneer radio. (let me know if I lost you) once its all wired up correctly you simply just go and plug it in. if still no power come on after that I would check the following I stated earlier...you can also go to your local best buy and pick up that harness...I used to work there and we carried them in stock most the time but it may be more$$ so tell them to just price match that one lol...are you planning on bypassing the factory amps and using a subwoofer or anything?
Well my problem is that the harness that came with the radio doesn't have dimmer illuminater wire or the ground for the dimmer and when I connect all the wires for audio, switch 12v, constant 12v, the ground I still have like 2 extra wires coming from my car. And all the harness wires are mated and still no power to radio the three left wires is a black/ green, light blue with purple stripe or something like that

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

My black/light green is already connected to the ground to my ground wire to my radio every wire diagram I see is that there is no just black/green. And I'm guessing the light blue/purple is my dimmer illuminator

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

And I only get power to my gauge cluster when I plug the illuminator dimmer with my switch or constant 12v
Old 01-14-2013, 10:31 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed_Mister View Post
Well my problem is that the harness that came with the radio doesn't have dimmer illuminater wire or the ground for the dimmer and when I connect all the wires for audio, switch 12v, constant 12v, the ground I still have like 2 extra wires coming from my car. And all the harness wires are mated and still no power to radio the three left wires is a black/ green, light blue with purple stripe or something like that

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

My black/light green is already connected to the ground to my ground wire to my radio every wire diagram I see is that there is no just black/green. And I'm guessing the light blue/purple is my dimmer illuminator

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

And I only get power to my gauge cluster when I plug the illuminator dimmer with my switch or constant 12v
Ok I understand exactly where you are coming from now...after sum more research...I am looking around for you too bcuz ive never run into that problem....i can ask around too
Old 01-15-2013, 03:37 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok I understand exactly where you are coming from now...after sum more research...I am looking around for you too bcuz ive never run into that problem....i can ask around too
I just took it to the shop I couldn't figure it out. But happy I got it working and I love it

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-89842788.jpg
Views:	5660
Size:	398.5 KB
ID:	85831
Old 01-15-2013, 07:23 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed_Mister View Post
I just took it to the shop I couldn't figure it out. But happy I got it working and I love it

Attachment 85831
looks good pioneer does make a good radio, do you know what they did to get it to work for future reference
Old 01-15-2013, 07:44 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

looks good pioneer does make a good radio, do you know what they did to get it to work for future reference
No but I could just pull it out and look.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:54 PM   #10

Region: California
Dash kit to support radio

Did you put any sort of dash kit (Metra 95-5026 Dash Kit Fits select 2001-up Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury models — double-DIN radios at Crutchfield.com) to support the radio? Looking to put the exact radio into my 2001, reply would be much appreciated. Thanks. Also did you have to do any type of modifying?
josephcostello is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video