2000 Ford mustang Mach 460 speakers no sound - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-13-2013, 03:45 PM   #1

Region: Ohio
2000 Ford mustang Mach 460 speakers no sound

I installed an aftermarket radio into my mustang, using the METRA 70 5511 wiring kit. Everything works right, with the radio itself, I just have no sound. I don't understand why I don't have sound, but I don't see any reason that I shouldn't have sound. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. thank you in advance.
tcromine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 04:22 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
do u have speakers?

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:24 PM   #3

Yes, I have speakers. The only reason that I am installing the aftermarket stereo is because, the stereo that was in it before, has been stolen recently. So, I have no choice but to replace it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 04:30 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Did you connect the wires right? Are the speakers even connected? I bought my car with no stereo in it so I had one installed. I was doing some bodywork one day and I had to take the speaker off to take the side mirror off. And sure enough the speakers weren't even connected
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:36 PM   #5

Like I said, the stereo was stolen. Before it was stolen the sound was perfect, I hadn't had any issues. Am I using the correct harness adapter for this installation? I mean what are some other possibilities.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:07 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

did they steal ur harness as well?

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:21 PM   #7

No the harness and everything is in the car, nothing in the car is missing the only thing that is missing is the stereo itself everything is in tact, and nothing is missing, Just there is no sound coming from my stereo. I don't really know what the issue is, I just know I do have speakers, I do have the colors all matched up, I do have the mach 460 system, and I do have the wires in the car, I just don't know if I'm using the right harness, or if the reason that it won't work has something to do with the amps, I keep reading online something about the amps have to have power, or something and I keep seeing a bunch of different harnesses some of which have like RCA plug in's but this wire kit that I have doesn't have that. any help is appreciated.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:35 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Have you checked the fuses? Maybe something shorted out when they stole your radio. Fuses would be the first thing I would check.

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

Oh and the harnesses with the RCA plugs are for the cars with double dins, like the 01 and up.
Xtrosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:35 PM   #9

If it were a fuse, Would I still be able to turn the radio on, and it maintain all functionality other than sound?
Old 01-13-2013, 05:38 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

The amps may be on another fuse. I always thought there were 2 separate fuses.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:48 PM   #11

Do you know where the fuse would be located?
Old 01-13-2013, 05:54 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I believe there is one under the hood and two on the inside. I'll see if I can find them. The best place to look would be in the owners manual to find the fuses. I have an 01 my self, so it is a different unit, so they may be different.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #13

I checked under the hood, and I can't identify the ones that are in the car( I didn't know there was more than one fuse box inside the car either). If I knew where the fuse for the AMP was, so that I had power it would be greatly appreciated to anyone that can help, thank you.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:01 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Fuse 27 and fuse 32 say radio and CD player on the inside fuse box, and for under the hood, nothing says radio.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #15

Those are the radio fuses, but if the radio has power, shouldn't that mean the fuses are good, shouldn't I be looking for a fuse that says something like "AMP" or "Speakers" or something along those lines? Correct me, if I'm wrong. I'm just guessing.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:19 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Did you pull them or no? At this point does it matter if it says radio? Like i said, both say radio, but would you really have two fuses for one thing. This leads me to guess one of them runs the amps. Also another thing I have heard is when you have problems like that, it is just faster to pull every fuse one by one until you find a blown fuse. Helped me find the problem on my mom's Acura. I literally pulled every fuse on that car.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:47 PM   #17

Well, I didn't pull EVERY fuse, but I pulled those 2 fuses, and there wasn't one issue with either one of them. Any other ideas, and it does make sense why have more than one fuse, but I should mention from what I've researched there are actually 3 fuses. 27, 32, and 37 so I went ahead and pulled the 3rd fuse, and it was fine too. Any other ideas?
Old 01-13-2013, 10:06 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
What kind of radio did u install. Also maybe the amps are dead
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:55 PM   #19

I installed a kenwood HU, I don't know the exact model off hand. Would it make sense for the amps to work perfect, before it was stolen, and then as soon as I install a new radio, the amps to be dead? Is there a way that I can just take the amps out of the picture, and just install the radio without the amps, and get sound?
Old 01-13-2013, 11:28 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

You could wire directly to the speakers, but it may not sound right. Aftermarket head units are usually 4 ohm. I know the factory speakers are not 4 ohms. If you wired directly, you should get new speakers also.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:37 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
There should be a bypass harness for the amps. I have the 99 with the premium sound system and my brand new speakers didn't work as well as my old ones because that amp was **** and couldn't even push the small ones up front. There are wireharness es that will bypass those amps and power them through your radio cause radios now a days are stronger than than those **** amps ford put in.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:13 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Could be different things on the harness make sure all the wirse in the harness are pushed in all the way. Cause when they stole it it may have pulled them out a little. I had the same problem when I did my stereo. Replacement. I pulled and it kinda pulled the wires out. Also i know you said it worked perfectly before. But maybe just maybe one of the wires on any of the speakers may have can loose and be touching metal on the car. That can cause all speakers to stop working. But I doubt that's what happened. That's just last resort lol. But it could be a different fuse like they said before. Just check all your fuses and make sure none are blown.
Xaperez100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:18 PM   #23

Okay, well here is an update. I went and I tore the side panel and everything off, and checked the amp wires that run next to the fuse box, and nothing was wrong there. All wire connectors are still connected. Then I crawled under to get a better view, checked every fuse in the fuse box, none were blow. I don't know what wires you are talking about that they could have pulled out, that are in the dash. I mean, I would check if I knew what wires to check. I'm willing to do anything at this point, I've gone through all of this trouble, what's a few more things going to do? Any information is appreciated. Thanks, in advance.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:29 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcromine View Post
Okay, well here is an update. I went and I tore the side panel and everything off, and checked the amp wires that run next to the fuse box, and nothing was wrong there. All wire connectors are still connected. Then I crawled under to get a better view, checked every fuse in the fuse box, none were blow. I don't know what wires you are talking about that they could have pulled out, that are in the dash. I mean, I would check if I knew what wires to check. I'm willing to do anything at this point, I've gone through all of this trouble, what's a few more things going to do? Any information is appreciated. Thanks, in advance.
Sorry should of specified the wires going into the connector that connects to the new wiring harness you bought.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:39 PM   #25

I've double checked, and triple checked that it is fully connected, and there is no doubt in my mind, that it is connected.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:51 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I've double checked, and triple checked that it is fully connected, and there is no doubt in my mind, that it is connected.
Damn. Well idk man.:/ sorry:/ take it to best buy! Lol.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:08 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Best bet is to just junk the amps and factory wiring and wire everything yourself. That way you can be sure everything is done right.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:26 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtrosity View Post
Best bet is to just junk the amps and factory wiring and wire everything yourself. That way you can be sure everything is done right.
Yeah true. Go for it
Old 01-15-2013, 09:26 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Try connecting the amp power wire to the ignition power wire going directly into the head unit I had the same problem with my pioneer one and that fixed it I hope it's just that simple for you
fwalck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #30

Well, I think that I should tell everyone the solution that I found. Because someone stole it, I hadn't known what they did. There is actually a "pre-amp" that is in the dash that sits directly below the HU. I had thought that I checked all the wiring to it, but there was actually a plug the one that is located on the passenger side of it that was completely unplugged. I managed to get my arm back there, and bend it and get it to plug in that wire, after a while of searching for it. But, After I plugged that wire in, I managed to bring myself to plug in the radio one last time before throwing it out the window, and giving up. Next thing I know, there's a beautiful sound called "Music" that was playing. I was more than relieved at this fact, and I finally have something to listen too while enjoying the ride. Thanks everyone for your help, it was good advice, the solution didn't work for me, but I'm sure that someone else will find it of some use.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:35 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Ahh, nice. See that's the difference in models for you. Since I have the double din unit it is built in. I didn't know the separated single dins have a separate unit in the dash. I'm glad it worked out for you. I actually just blew my passengers lower speaker, makes a buzzing sound now. Now I have to deal with junking the whole system ugh. I'm not even going to mess with the stock system. Thinking about the appradio 2.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:42 AM   #32

I've actually been thinking about setting up mounts under the dash of my car, and installing speakers, and then the same for the seats, So that sound is coming from all possible directions, and running them through the Mach system wiring. That way instead of "Mono" sound, I will have a more "Surround" sound feel too everything. I'll also have more sound clarity at both, higher and lower volumes. Has anyone tried this sort of thing before? that would add a total of 4 speakers to the car. any input or feedback, would be appreciated.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:24 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I've actually been thinking about setting up mounts under the dash of my car, and installing speakers, and then the same for the seats, So that sound is coming from all possible directions, and running them through the Mach system wiring. That way instead of "Mono" sound, I will have a more "Surround" sound feel too everything. I'll also have more sound clarity at both, higher and lower volumes. Has anyone tried this sort of thing before? that would add a total of 4 speakers to the car. any input or feedback, would be appreciated.
Where would you put the two on the seats? Like specifically
Old 01-17-2013, 07:16 AM   #34

I was thinking of putting two, 2 inch tweeters under the seat that max out at 1700 watts, That way I get both good sound, and the ability to put them almost anywhere. As for where under the seat I was thinking on the back side, But on the bottom there is about a 2-3 inches area of just solid sear, I can put short wood screws threw them, and they will hold, and I will have that much extra sound.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:28 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Tweeters work better up high and especially reflected off windows.
lBRAlD is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video