Hooking up a sct tuner to a pioneer head unit. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Hooking up a sct tuner to a pioneer head unit.

Ok. I know this is gonna be tough but I want to attempt to hook up a sct flash tuner into my pioneer multimedia head unit.. the unit is capable of gps/handsfree/ Bluetooth and DVD and has the inputs necessary to do this.. Since there is a android/iOS sct tuner this will prob be the best bet. Just need to mirror the devices screen onto the in-dash. ( I know touch controls are prob not possible) there is a video out RCA port and also two video inputs. The question is how to mirror an iPhone/iPod/android to a video in RCA? If no one can help I guess ill just post pics when I accomplish it.. haha..
Built_GT_Tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 02:11 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Actually, nevermind..I think I have found a way. Jailbreak an iOS device, then video out with a socshe video out cable to the video in on the pioneer, run the sct tuner app on iPhone/ipod and mirror to screen. Boom.. won't have touch controls but will mirror the u.I of the tuner and all the cool things it does in dash.. will post pics once I buy all these parts and complete this..
Old 01-18-2013, 09:11 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
There are forums dedicated custom firmware on pioneer avic systems. Could possibly take a look at them and see.
Tec_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 11:04 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Awesome.. thanks Tec_..! After looking at some of those Avic fourms I think I got an idea how to do it.. I will prob post a new thread when I get it all hooked up.. may be a month or so.. thanks again!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video