Speaker size shaker 500 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-23-2013, 01:48 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Speaker size shaker 500

Just wondering if anyone knows the speaker(s) size for a 2006 shaker 500. Would greatly appreciate it. And also how to remove them. Thank you in advance.
Cali_JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_JC View Post
Just wondering if anyone knows the speaker(s) size for a 2006 shaker 500. Would greatly appreciate it. And also how to remove them. Thank you in advance.
The door & deck lid speakers are 6x8 if you look around on eBay you can probably find a set of 4 speakers for under $200 and that would be fairly high end speakers, I scored 4 Kicker 6x8 s for 90$. You will need a door panel tool , and a socket and ratchet set. I haven't done mine yet but I believe you have to pull the door sills & rear seats to do the deck lid.
Blu13stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:37 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu13stang View Post

The door & deck lid speakers are 6x8 if you look around on eBay you can probably find a set of 4 speakers for under $200 and that would be fairly high end speakers, I scored 4 Kicker 6x8 s for 90$. You will need a door panel tool , and a socket and ratchet set. I haven't done mine yet but I believe you have to pull the door sills & rear seats to do the deck lid.
So a total of four speakers I need ? Two for the front doors and two in the back, right next to back window shield
Cali_JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2013, 08:57 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

So a total of four speakers I need ? Two for the front doors and two in the back, right next to back window shield
Yes (4). 6x8's. will do the job.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:45 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well it appears I was mistaken my speakers came in today and it looks like the 6x8's will work on the rear deck , but the front will require a 5 1/4 " round speaker, the 6x8 is not a fit at least in my 2013 in the doors.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video