Speaker size shaker 500 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-23-2013, 01:48 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Cali_JC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Indio
Region: California
Posts: 88
Speaker size shaker 500

Just wondering if anyone knows the speaker(s) size for a 2006 shaker 500. Would greatly appreciate it. And also how to remove them. Thank you in advance.
Cali_JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blu13stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_JC View Post
Just wondering if anyone knows the speaker(s) size for a 2006 shaker 500. Would greatly appreciate it. And also how to remove them. Thank you in advance.
The door & deck lid speakers are 6x8 if you look around on eBay you can probably find a set of 4 speakers for under $200 and that would be fairly high end speakers, I scored 4 Kicker 6x8 s for 90$. You will need a door panel tool , and a socket and ratchet set. I haven't done mine yet but I believe you have to pull the door sills & rear seats to do the deck lid.
Blu13stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:37 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Cali_JC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Indio
Region: California
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu13stang View Post

The door & deck lid speakers are 6x8 if you look around on eBay you can probably find a set of 4 speakers for under $200 and that would be fairly high end speakers, I scored 4 Kicker 6x8 s for 90$. You will need a door panel tool , and a socket and ratchet set. I haven't done mine yet but I believe you have to pull the door sills & rear seats to do the deck lid.
So a total of four speakers I need ? Two for the front doors and two in the back, right next to back window shield
Cali_JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-26-2013, 08:57 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blu13stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_JC View Post

So a total of four speakers I need ? Two for the front doors and two in the back, right next to back window shield
Yes (4). 6x8's. will do the job.
Blu13stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:45 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blu13stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_JC View Post

So a total of four speakers I need ? Two for the front doors and two in the back, right next to back window shield
Well it appears I was mistaken my speakers came in today and it looks like the 6x8's will work on the rear deck , but the front will require a 5 1/4 " round speaker, the 6x8 is not a fit at least in my 2013 in the doors.
Blu13stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:52 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.