96 mustang gt stereo - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
96GTstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lafayette
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 35
96 mustang gt stereo

Hey guys I have a 96 gt with a jvc double din touch screen head. I was wondering what speakers would give the best sound quality for their price and what sizes. I wanted to know about both doors as well as the trunk speakers. Also what could I do as far as the tweeters are concerned
96GTstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-05-2013, 05:42 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: americus
Region: Georgia
Posts: 51
Well 6x8s all around. Instead of buying seperate tweeters why not get component speakers? Myself i would go component up front and full range in rear deck. Alpine, pioneer. U can also use 6.5, 5.25 with adapter plates. 5x7 should bolt right in stock location. Kicker speakers also sound great
mr_marcus478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:55 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
96GTstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lafayette
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_marcus478 View Post
Well 6x8s all around. Instead of buying seperate tweeters why not get component speakers? Myself i would go component up front and full range in rear deck. Alpine, pioneer. U can also use 6.5, 5.25 with adapter plates. 5x7 should bolt right in stock location. Kicker speakers also sound great
Well the reason I was going to use tweeters is because I already have tweeters in the stock 460 system. And thanks for the input
96GTstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-05-2013, 07:00 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: americus
Region: Georgia
Posts: 51
O ok. Component will work fine in that i have the 460 also.
mr_marcus478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:16 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustang_Madness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Fairchild AFB
Region: Washington
Posts: 686
Hertz speakers are 100% better than anything I've heard. IMO if go tweets up front facing your noggin, mids on the doors coaxial, and probably singles in back. The mids dont need to be important because they play the music to your legs anyways!
__________________
K&N CAI, Cobra 18" Rims, Cobra Brakes, More Mods to come!
Mustang_Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:12 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
96GTstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lafayette
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 35
Are hertz speakers expensive?
96GTstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:10 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustang_Madness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Fairchild AFB
Region: Washington
Posts: 686
Nope! Thats the beauty! You Can get expensive! 700$ tweeters. But they're low end is phenomenal to!
__________________
K&N CAI, Cobra 18" Rims, Cobra Brakes, More Mods to come!
Mustang_Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:53 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coreyw428's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 430
Memphis audio or jl audio, they sound awesome and put out a very clear and clean sound
Coreyw428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:50 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
96GTstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lafayette
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Madness View Post
Nope! Thats the beauty! You Can get expensive! 700$ tweeters. But they're low end is phenomenal to!
Cool man. I'm gonna look into that!
96GTstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:58 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustang_Madness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Fairchild AFB
Region: Washington
Posts: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96GTstang View Post

Cool man. I'm gonna look into that!
For sure man. Best speakers I've ever heard. And I've heard Alot. They sound better with an amp ran to them. You can get Pretty loud with the lower end and it would still sound better than Most high end brands
__________________
K&N CAI, Cobra 18" Rims, Cobra Brakes, More Mods to come!
Mustang_Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
96GTstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lafayette
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Madness View Post

For sure man. Best speakers I've ever heard. And I've heard Alot. They sound better with an amp ran to them. You can get Pretty loud with the lower end and it would still sound better than Most high end brands
Yea man I ended up going with kenwood. I like them a lot. Next thing to do is look for a sub and amp. Got any suggestions on that?
96GTstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:13 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustang_Madness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Fairchild AFB
Region: Washington
Posts: 686
For sure man. Kenwood is a good brand as well. Same with alpine and JL Audio. But for Subs and Amp, I'd have to say Rockford Fosgate. Though on the expensive side, they perform Very well. What kind of bass are you looking for? Low rumbles that care through the car? Or higher thumps that are great for rock music an all that? 10" subs carry i higher frequency than 12"s and 15"s. and perform way differently too. 10"s punch alot faster and cleaner, whereas, 12"s and 15"s hit a Low note and rattle your soul. Haha depends on the music ya know?
__________________
K&N CAI, Cobra 18" Rims, Cobra Brakes, More Mods to come!
Mustang_Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
96GTstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lafayette
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Madness View Post
For sure man. Kenwood is a good brand as well. Same with alpine and JL Audio. But for Subs and Amp, I'd have to say Rockford Fosgate. Though on the expensive side, they perform Very well. What kind of bass are you looking for? Low rumbles that care through the car? Or higher thumps that are great for rock music an all that? 10" subs carry i higher frequency than 12"s and 15"s. and perform way differently too. 10"s punch alot faster and cleaner, whereas, 12"s and 15"s hit a Low note and rattle your soul. Haha depends on the music ya know?
Yea I wasn't going to do subs for awhile seeing as I just put my car in the shop for full exhaust. And then right after, I'm going have my seats redone in leather. So I won't have it for at least 2-3 more weeks.
96GTstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:30 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
96NYCGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 125
Send a message via AIM to 96NYCGT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96GTstang View Post
Hey guys I have a 96 gt with a jvc double din touch screen head. I was wondering what speakers would give the best sound quality for their price and what sizes. I wanted to know about both doors as well as the trunk speakers. Also what could I do as far as the tweeters are concerned
How did you get the double din to fit in your 96? Because I want to add one and the only way I think it would fit is if I get a 01 -04 ac Bezel
96NYCGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:39 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: americus
Region: Georgia
Posts: 51
This forum should help http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-foru...le-din.749202/
mr_marcus478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:01 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus
 
Adogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96NYCGT View Post

How did you get the double din to fit in your 96? Because I want to add one and the only way I think it would fit is if I get a 01 -04 ac Bezel
You just have to buy a special dash kit for your car. We sell them at my work for 20 buck I can look it up for you.
__________________
Don't hate....... appreciate
Adogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:27 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
96NYCGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 125
Send a message via AIM to 96NYCGT
Thanks a lot guys I'm just doing Research
96NYCGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:00 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
96GTstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lafayette
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96NYCGT View Post

How did you get the double din to fit in your 96? Because I want to add one and the only way I think it would fit is if I get a 01 -04 ac Bezel
I found a double din ac bezel from an 03 cobra. The only difficulty is building the frame for it.
96GTstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



04:10 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.