Need new speakers! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-10-2013, 09:50 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Need new speakers!

Any suggestions what would be the best speakers for my 04 GT ..have a double din pioneer radio and the Mach speakers are just really weak and cheap. I would love suggestions n maybe some links. Thanks in advance!
sLbxO143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2013, 11:27 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I have german maestro sv6509's in the front and a pair of standard rockford fosgates (forgot the model) in the back and it's absolutely amazing. They are kinda pricey because they are competition speakers but if you want amazingly crisp mids and highs I highly recommend german maestro they are studio quality audiophile speakers. Also remember rear speakers are pretty much filler sound. You will get much better sound if you were to spend for example 500$ on front speakers and 300$ on back than 400$-400$ even.
Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:12 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I have never even know there were back speakers lol, don't look much back there. I have a convertible. Where do you buy them online or in stores? I will deff take a look into them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2013, 12:28 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

You should have speaker mounts in the front door the kick panel and the rear side panels. If you go to crutchfield. Com you can select your car and it will tell you all the size speakers that will fit in your car it's very helpful. And if you do decide to go with german maestros you will have to find a licensed car audio dealer that sells them. For the rockford fosgates you can get them anywhere. They are superb speakers as well just not as exclusive
Old 03-10-2013, 01:07 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Is Rockford a better brand then pioneer you think? The only thing with maestros may be a little to expensive for right now and anything will be an improvement from the stock lol. Do I also need to buy amplifiers too?
Old 03-11-2013, 12:28 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

To me rockford fosgates blow pioneers out of the water. But to many sound is sound and anything is better than stock. If you have an after market head unit most come with a built in amp strong enough to power most speakers. But an aftermarket amp will definitely improve sound .
Old 03-11-2013, 12:58 AM   #7

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by sLbxO143 View Post
Any suggestions what would be the best speakers for my 04 GT ..have a double din pioneer radio and the Mach speakers are just really weak and cheap. I would love suggestions n maybe some links. Thanks in advance!
<br />
<br />
Rất đáng quan tâm, mình cũng đang tìm hiểu cái này.
bongyeu262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:04 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Credible View Post
To me rockford fosgates blow pioneers out of the water. But to many sound is sound and anything is better than stock. If you have an after market head unit most come with a built in amp strong enough to power most speakers. But an aftermarket amp will definitely improve sound .
Ok thank you so much for your help. Going to look at some Rockford fosgates & I will def let you know when I purchase some this week
Old 03-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Glad I could help! Do you plan on doing the installation yourself?
Old 03-11-2013, 07:34 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

No no no. Lol I would really screw something up I don't trust myself, leave it up to the professionals

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video