Stereo installation help!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-15-2013, 07:07 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Stereo installation help!!

I'm thinking of getting a double din for my 05 stang because the previous owner out one in and it isn't that great. so I'm just tryin to figure out I guess if a 6in or 7in will fit in it. I'm feeling the 6in is standard size and also how complicated is it to it install, and does it require anything else for me to buy when I get the new stereo, I'm no electronics wizard so should I have someone else install it or watch YouTube how to, that's what you guy are for, thx guy!!
MustacheMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2013, 07:26 AM   #2
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustacheMustang View Post
I'm thinking of getting a double din for my 05 stang because the previous owner out one in and it isn't that great. so I'm just tryin to figure out I guess if a 6in or 7in will fit in it. I'm feeling the 6in is standard size and also how complicated is it to it install, and does it require anything else for me to buy when I get the new stereo, I'm no electronics wizard so should I have someone else install it or watch YouTube how to, that's what you guy are for, thx guy!!
It's actually not that hard at all to do! I would check out www.crutchfield.com they will list all the ones that fit your car. The pioneer app radio is a popular one among 05-09 owners.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:42 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

like if I were to get this one, would I need this wiring harness thing for it to work?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-989463652.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	218.9 KB
ID:	96263   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3024850950.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	173.7 KB
ID:	96264  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2013, 10:39 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
It's actually not that hard at all to do! I would check out Crutchfield: Car Stereo, Speakers, Home Theater, LCD TV, Digital Cameras they will list all the ones that fit your car. The pioneer app radio is a popular one among 05-09 owners.
The Appradio (if you have an iPhone 5) has video issues. Keep that in mind. The lightning adapter is digital and the radio is built in with analog video. The older, cheaper App radios wont all get the retro software update as I have the Original Appradio and became royally screwed lol. The necessary conversion cables for newer smart phones add up A LOT.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:36 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Honestly, if you've never done one, take it too a shop. For double din units theres alot more wires, apps, ect. That you new to splice into or connect or whatever!. You need a wiring harness just for the deck, but then its the matter of allll the extra things that unit can do. Where do all those wires go?? It would take alot of time and patience and if you want to, its a good way to learn. But if you want it done professionally Once and never think of it again, go to a car audio place forsure.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:57 PM   #6

Region: Tennessee
It's not hard at all. I installed my double din pioneer in my my 90 gt. if i can put a double din in a fox. You can definitely put one in your 05.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3064485860.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	463.9 KB
ID:	98900   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2455973735.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	273.9 KB
ID:	98901  

SlickRick5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:35 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRick5oh View Post
It's not hard at all. I installed my double din pioneer in my my 90 gt. if i can put a double din in a fox. You can definitely put one in your 05.
love your fox Mann!! great color too!! I want to get one but if I were to buy one, how do I know what wiring harness I need though? lol

---------- Post added at 06:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Madness View Post
Honestly, if you've never done one, take it too a shop. For double din units theres alot more wires, apps, ect. That you new to splice into or connect or whatever!. You need a wiring harness just for the deck, but then its the matter of allll the extra things that unit can do. Where do all those wires go?? It would take alot of time and patience and if you want to, its a good way to learn. But if you want it done professionally Once and never think of it again, go to a car audio place forsure.
that's what I was afraid of, lol
Old 03-28-2013, 11:50 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
They're pretty much universal once you find it for you car. I have a 96 mustang and i just picked up a wiring harness for 96 mustangs on eBay for like 4$. Now with a double din its a little different but not Too much. Just more wires out the back depending on the features... But most decks have universal plugs so just find the harness to your car and should fit right it. You just need to do some wire connecting and such
Old 03-28-2013, 12:57 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

ok cool!!
Old 03-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRick5oh View Post
That is one sick fox. Very nice!!
Skulls98GT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video