If you have not yet upgraded your door speakers, read on! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-05-2013, 09:57 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Those of us that paid for the shaker 500 got swindled. When I replaced my speakers I was upset with ford at how cheap/basic they were. I replaced all speaker and the cheap factory 500 watt amp with a quality JL audio one and it made a huge difference. I also added a single kicker solo baric 10 w/ an additional 500 watt amp in the trunk. It sounds great now, crystal clear with decent bass. Here a pic of the sub.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1114108007.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	447.9 KB
ID:	100569
WCatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2013, 10:36 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellski View Post
I also replaced the door speakers in my "11 GT with Polk Audio coax speakers- liked them so much I bought another set for the rear shelf, and while I was at it, added an Infinity Basslink powered sub in the trunk. Sounds pretty fricking good, I must say- blows the stock stuff away. I gotta add, when I pulled the stock speakers out, I was amazed at how crappy and lightweight they were,
Was swapping out the rears worth it? Did you notice much of a difference to justify the cost and time? Otherwise, we have pretty much the same setup!
mmike87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:22 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
So if I am reading this correctly, I can keep the stock head unit and replace the amp and speakers? That seems a good option for me if it will work since I have alpine amps from my old car sitting on the shelf.
Thunder69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2013, 08:28 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Dakota
Yeah that's the best bet, stock head unit is limited but still works good enough to produce good sound.
Mweigt07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:48 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Yeah I had originally wanted to change the head unit as well just because it looks cheap and dated, but upgraded all the rest and got attached to the sync too much. It does an okay job of tuning the upgraded speakers but an aftermarket would sound better no doubt.
WCatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:53 AM   #41

Region: Georgia
2014 V6 Speakers Help?

I have a 2014 V6 and the factory speakers suck. No Shaker System. I need to know what size speakers to shop for. I don't want a subwoofer in my truck or an amplifier, I just want better sound. What sizes are compatible for the doors and rear deck?
LRose3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:16 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
5 1/2" for the front and 7 1/2" for the back from what i can find.
TorchRed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:07 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRose3 View Post
I have a 2014 V6 and the factory speakers suck. No Shaker System. I need to know what size speakers to shop for. I don't want a subwoofer in my truck or an amplifier, I just want better sound. What sizes are compatible for the doors and rear deck?
Honestly because ur just swaping them out and not amplifying them the new ones will sound almost identical because they require more juice to pump out the better audio.
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:35 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

It is a noticeable improvement.
thejohncarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:32 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
Honestly because ur just swaping them out and not amplifying them the new ones will sound almost identical because they require more juice to pump out the better audio.
Yeah but I had a Nissan Sentra before my mustang and even their factory speakers are a better sound, so how can replacing the speakers to a better quality not improve things?
Old 12-02-2013, 11:20 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRose3 View Post

Yeah but I had a Nissan Sentra before my mustang and even their factory speakers are a better sound, so how can replacing the speakers to a better quality not improve things?
I told u it with be a lil bit better but to get what the manufacturer says on sound quality then u need to do what the manufacturer did and give the speakers the amount the juice they did. Its like saying ur car can go 200mph but u will never actually know if it can or not unless u haul *** right?
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:24 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
I told u it with be a lil bit better but to get what the manufacturer says on sound quality then u need to do what the manufacturer did and give the speakers the amount the juice they did. Its like saying ur car can go 200mph but u will never actually know if it can or not unless u haul *** right?
If I got some Pioneer TS6885's, what kind of amplifier would you recommend that won't cost a lot?
Old 12-17-2013, 10:25 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

The Kicker PHD12 is an EASY way to get your stock system to hit hard. Had a basslink in another car of my daughters and it is crap. The Kicker powered amp can be installed by a rookie in an hour or so and the bass will rattle your car apart if you have the gain turned up all the way. Leaves plenty of room in the trunk too. Found this one on craigslist for $150, offered $125 and he took it. Waaaaay better than we ever imagined.

2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:00 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
The Kicker PHD12 is an EASY way to get your stock system to hit hard. Had a basslink in another car of my daughters and it is crap. The Kicker powered amp can be installed by a rookie in an hour or so and the bass will rattle your car apart if you have the gain turned up all the way. Leaves plenty of room in the trunk too. Found this one on craigslist for $150, offered $125 and he took it. Waaaaay better than we ever imagined.

OP said there was no desire for bass. Just upgraded mids and highs as far as door speakers.

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video