2010 v6 audio suggestions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-31-2013, 01:59 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
2010 v6 audio suggestions

Hey guys. I just recently bought my 10 v6 and want to work from the inside out starting with my stereo set up. I've got a pretty good idea of what I want to do as far as speaker set up but I'm at a loss when it comes to my head unit. I know I want a touch screen and nav capable, aux input for an iPhone or whatever. Army pay kinda sucks so I am looking for something cost effective. Not cheap per say though. Thanks for the help!
Tvan121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2013, 08:45 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Crutchfield always has good prices Start looking there
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:49 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Also try sonic electronics.com they have great and affordable stuff there
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I would recommend looking at what crutch field
Old 04-12-2013, 08:53 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Looks like 3/4 my post got cut off... Lets try again.

I would start by looking at crutchfield.com just to get an idea of what features you want. I don't buy from there because you can find things cheaper else ware but the reviews are good to look at on crutchfield... It's important to read reviews, I always look at the worst ones and the middle of the road ones because there more honest.

You will find after reading reviews that a lot of pioneer units don't work with iPhone since iOS 6 was released...that means no Bluetooth calling and maybe even USB interface issues...deal breaker because there are no plans to update units to make them work properly again.

I also looked at alpine. Some had review about horrible screen quality and even more issues with IPhone...not cool... I will admit that I was only looking at things under $700 but you should be able to buy a nice unit for that kind of cash...the search continued

I eventually found a good Sony that I liked, had the features I wanted, good screen quality, and no reviews about iPhone nightmares.

Once I knew what I wanted it was just a matter of finding it for a good price. All said and done I spent around $700 for the screen,dash kit, wiring harness, and antenna adaptor.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:14 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx
Looks like 3/4 my post got cut off... Lets try again.

I would start by looking at crutchfield.com just to get an idea of what features you want. I don't buy from there because you can find things cheaper else ware but the reviews are good to look at on crutchfield... It's important to read reviews, I always look at the worst ones and the middle of the road ones because there more honest.

You will find after reading reviews that a lot of pioneer units don't work with iPhone since iOS 6 was released...that means no Bluetooth calling and maybe even USB interface issues...deal breaker because there are no plans to update units to make them work properly again.

I also looked at alpine. Some had review about horrible screen quality and even more issues with IPhone...not cool... I will admit that I was only looking at things under $700 but you should be able to buy a nice unit for that kind of cash...the search continued

I eventually found a good Sony that I liked, had the features I wanted, good screen quality, and no reviews about iPhone nightmares.

Once I knew what I wanted it was just a matter of finding it for a good price. All said and done I spent around $700 for the screen,dash kit, wiring harness, and antenna adaptor.
Working in a install shop I can say I have seen many apple firmware issues.
Some one will buy a radio and there iPod will work with it. Then they update the firmware on the iPod and now it won't work any more. This is not pioneer or alpines fault it's apples. I've seen the lightning to 30pin adaptor stop working then start again with a firmware update.

What I would recommend is after you've done your research on line go to a car audio shop and actually take a look at the radios and talk to the installers about them.
Tec_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

« Help:o | Synch »