2013 Mustang with exhaust cutouts - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-02-2013, 09:47 PM   #1
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: California
Posts: 228
2013 Mustang with exhaust cutouts

Just got them installed

http://youtu.be/qqQmJLj-L8A

How's it sound?
Mustang_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-27-2013, 10:33 AM   #2
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pasadena
Region: Maryland
Posts: 4
Sounds good. Where are the cutouts located? Just after the cat or after the h-pipe?
brianong18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Yuckooo13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: San Clemente,
Region: California
Posts: 103
i dont really like it. needs some more deep tone and not that sound of someone coughing up a loogey. or however you spell it. just my 2 cents. dont hate. i still love the car.
__________________
Brembo Brake package, 3.73s, Roush axle-back exhaust, 20% tint all around, All lights and reflectors tinted gun smoke, 20X8.5 and 20x10 wheels and tires, Lowered 1.5" with Eibach pro springs, J&M panhard bar, BBK CAI, Bama 93R tune, JLT oil separator, Black "5.0" badge, Black billet shift knob
Yuckooo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-28-2013, 02:07 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
DJwils08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: California
Posts: 35
where did you put yours?



this is mine
DJwils08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:36 PM   #5
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pasadena
Region: Maryland
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJwils08 View Post
where did you put yours?



this is mine
Where are your cut outs located? I can't tell very well from the vid.
brianong18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:07 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
TooSlow4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 505
I think it sounds great and I bet it's even better in person.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:19 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
DJwils08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: California
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianong18 View Post
Where are your cut outs located? I can't tell very well from the vid.
They are where the exhaust bends out
DJwils08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:06 AM   #8
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: California
Posts: 228
The cutouts are right after the cats before the h pipe connects
High rpm it roars

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuckooo13 View Post
i dont really like it. needs some more deep tone and not that sound of someone coughing up a loogey. or however you spell it. just my 2 cents. dont hate. i still love the car.
I can careless if people hate it

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJwils08 View Post
where did you put yours?



this is mine
Yours sound badass man
Mustang_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:31 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
stangaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Region: California
Posts: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJwils08 View Post

They are where the exhaust bends out
Ah yes... That's why your car sounds like an adolescent goat losing its anal virginity. Your mixing sounds the same DJ. See you on the 8th.
__________________
2008 4.0 SOLD (I will miss my first stang forever)
2011 5.0 black on black with 3.73 manual and I still get over 26 mpg
stangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:15 AM   #10
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: California
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post

Ah yes... That's why your car sounds like an adolescent goat losing its anal virginity. Your mixing sounds the same DJ. See you on the 8th.
Say what now brotha?
Mustang_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:15 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
DJwils08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: California
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
Ah yes... That's why your car sounds like an adolescent goat losing its anal virginity. Your mixing sounds the same DJ. See you on the 8th.
Jesus Ricky your deletes basically sounds the same just I can turn mine off when I want to fly under the radar if ya know what I mean
DJwils08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:29 AM   #12
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pasadena
Region: Maryland
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJwils08 View Post
They are where the exhaust bends out
Right after the cats before the H pipe also like the OP?
brianong18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:30 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joyride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 297
By the end of this week (that is, if the friggen parts actually arrive finally) ill be adding kooks headers and boss h pipe but with just qtp cutouts, no side pipes. I'll post a vid to show what it sounds like
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:48 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
OzzyLiriano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyride View Post
By the end of this week (that is, if the friggen parts actually arrive finally) ill be adding kooks headers and boss h pipe but with just qtp cutouts, no side pipes. I'll post a vid to show what it sounds like
Bad choice with the headers, not because of brand but clearance issues, goodluck! Next sw or am racing are the right ones, kooks are as cheap as sp or jba because of their issues
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:17 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Missouri Hoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Lebanon
Region: Missouri
Posts: 265
Wish I hadn't read Missouri State Statutes on Cutouts. I wanted to add electric cutouts to my new GT. Does this mean I can't have quad exhaust either? Stinkin' Missouri...

307.170.2. Muffler cutouts: Muffler cutouts shall not be used and no vehicle shall be driven in such manner or condition that excessive and unnecessary noises shall be made by its machinery, motor, signaling device, or other parts, or by any improperly loaded cargo. The motors of all motor vehicles shall be fitted with properly attached mufflers of such capacity or construction as to quiet the maximum possible exhaust noise as completely as is done in modern gas engine passenger motor vehicles. Any cutout or opening in the exhaust pipe between the motor and the muffler on any motor vehicle shall be completely closed and disconnected from its operating lever, and shall be so arranged that it cannot automatically open, or be opened or operated while such vehicle is in motion.
Missouri Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:41 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigP0314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pordenone,Italy
Region: Europe
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri Hoss View Post
Wish I hadn't read Missouri State Statutes on Cutouts. I wanted to add electric cutouts to my new GT. Does this mean I can't have quad exhaust either? Stinkin' Missouri...

307.170.2. Muffler cutouts: Muffler cutouts shall not be used and no vehicle shall be driven in such manner or condition that excessive and unnecessary noises shall be made by its machinery, motor, signaling device, or other parts, or by any improperly loaded cargo. The motors of all motor vehicles shall be fitted with properly attached mufflers of such capacity or construction as to quiet the maximum possible exhaust noise as completely as is done in modern gas engine passenger motor vehicles. Any cutout or opening in the exhaust pipe between the motor and the muffler on any motor vehicle shall be completely closed and disconnected from its operating lever, and shall be so arranged that it cannot automatically open, or be opened or operated while such vehicle is in motion.
That sucks do you have any friends with an auto shop? I used to have a family friend when I was back home that would just give me the inspection sticker! I haven't registered a car in Missouri in years though! What part are you from???
BigP0314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:10 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joyride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano View Post

Bad choice with the headers, not because of brand but clearance issues, goodluck! Next sw or am racing are the right ones, kooks are as cheap as sp or jba because of their issues
But my shop guy said it was the best to buy. Exactly what type of clearance issue are you talking about?
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:25 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jgill1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rolla
Region: Missouri
Posts: 1,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigP0314 View Post

That sucks do you have any friends with an auto shop? I used to have a family friend when I was back home that would just give me the inspection sticker! I haven't registered a car in Missouri in years though! What part are you from???
I live in Rolla MO and I had a shop put cutouts on mine. It passed inspection as well... I'm just smart about it and keep them closed around town.
__________________

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:07 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Missouri Hoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Lebanon
Region: Missouri
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigP0314 View Post
That sucks do you have any friends with an auto shop? I used to have a family friend when I was back home that would just give me the inspection sticker! I haven't registered a car in Missouri in years though! What part are you from???
I live in Lebanon. I may be able to slip it by an inspector. If not, I'll just unplug them. The quads bothers me more though. Technically, they are a violation of state law, because they are an opening between engine and muffler. I'll have to chat with my local state inspection trooper.
Missouri Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:40 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
DWC_SmOziLLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lancaster
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano View Post

Bad choice with the headers, not because of brand but clearance issues, goodluck! Next sw or am racing are the right ones, kooks are as cheap as sp or jba because of their issues
This is based upon what experience you've had with them? Kooks are far from cheap and price isn't everything when it comes to quality, people overpay for junk all the time. Kooks, Stainless Works, and American Racing are all top tier Header companies. Im no expert on headers, far from it actually. But have you ever handled or installed a set of kooks headers? I have. Have you ever personally seen over 20 5.0's with Kooks Headers and talked to more than half of the vehicle owners and the installer only to be told that they have no problems with clearance, quality, or fitment. I have. Just because you've read about one guys issue on a forum or even called certain vendors doesn't prove they make a inferior product. Of course if you call ARH or SW for example, they'll probably tell you about all the faults in their competitors product that they don't have with theirs. It's called marketing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano View Post

Bad choice with the headers, not because of brand but clearance issues, goodluck! Next sw or am racing are the right ones, kooks are as cheap as sp or jba because of their issues
Don't make statements like this unless you can back it up with experience and facts. No one will ever take anything you say serious if your technical vocabulary has reached it's limits with "bad" and "cheap"

Maybe your buddy McQueen can chime in, he was always more knowledgable then you are. LoL. Hey where is he these days, wallowing in a pit of shame maybe.

My apologies to the OP.
__________________
Best 1/4: 1.90 60ft. - 12.15 @ 119mph on Street Tires.
460.25rwhp & 408.28rwtq SAE on a Dynojet 224xLC
Tuned by Matt Lepkowski, owner and operator a Performance Evolution in Smyrna, DE.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:09 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
DWC_SmOziLLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lancaster
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyride View Post

But my shop guy said it was the best to buy. Exactly what type of clearance issue are you talking about?
They may not be the best, but "the best" is subjective. Have no fear, your shop guy is steering you in the right direction with your money. Don't listen to this guy Joyride.
__________________
Best 1/4: 1.90 60ft. - 12.15 @ 119mph on Street Tires.
460.25rwhp & 408.28rwtq SAE on a Dynojet 224xLC
Tuned by Matt Lepkowski, owner and operator a Performance Evolution in Smyrna, DE.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:09 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
LOL at the above poster. Love it.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:02 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joyride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post

They may not be the best, but "the best" is subjective. Have no fear, your shop guy is steering you in the right direction with your money. Don't listen to this guy Joyride.
Yea, I have seen so much bull on forums that half of it I don't even bother to look twice at. I was just told by my shop that kooks makes some of the best quality headers for the mustang. Always trust an experienced tuner and racer over forum chitchat 😁
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
DWC_SmOziLLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lancaster
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyride View Post

Yea, I have seen so much bull on forums that half of it I don't even bother to look twice at. I was just told by my shop that kooks makes some of the best quality headers for the mustang. Always trust an experienced tuner and racer over forum chitchat dde01
You and your shop guy are both correct.
__________________
Best 1/4: 1.90 60ft. - 12.15 @ 119mph on Street Tires.
460.25rwhp & 408.28rwtq SAE on a Dynojet 224xLC
Tuned by Matt Lepkowski, owner and operator a Performance Evolution in Smyrna, DE.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:01 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
stangaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Region: California
Posts: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJwils08 View Post

Jesus Ricky your deletes basically sounds the same just I can turn mine off when I want to fly under the radar if ya know what I mean
Just givin you a hard time lol they sound amazing
__________________
2008 4.0 SOLD (I will miss my first stang forever)
2011 5.0 black on black with 3.73 manual and I still get over 26 mpg
stangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:07 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
OzzyLiriano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post

This is based upon what experience you've had with them? Kooks are far from cheap and price isn't everything when it comes to quality, people overpay for junk all the time. Kooks, Stainless Works, and American Racing are all top tier Header companies. Im no expert on headers, far from it actually. But have you ever handled or installed a set of kooks headers? I have. Have you ever personally seen over 20 5.0's with Kooks Headers and talked to more than half of the vehicle owners and the installer only to be told that they have no problems with clearance, quality, or fitment. I have. Just because you've read about one guys issue on a forum or even called certain vendors doesn't prove they make a inferior product. Of course if you call ARH or SW for example, they'll probably tell you about all the faults in their competitors product that they don't have with theirs. It's called marketing.

Don't make statements like this unless you can back it up with experience and facts. No one will ever take anything you say serious if your technical vocabulary has reached it's limits with "bad" and "cheap"

Maybe your buddy McQueen can chime in, he was always more knowledgable then you are. LoL. Hey where is he these days, wallowing in a pit of shame maybe.

My apologies to the OP.
I just saw this and i actually wanted to ask these guys how theyre system was doing, kooks did give me a bad experience and all i said they were cheap money wise for a reason just like stainless power..sp..thus they are a great brand...sp and kooks, sp is from sw, but for something that is the best i felt stainless work or american racing...but jba is bottom of the list bro im sorry

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJwils08 View Post

Jesus Ricky your deletes basically sounds the same just I can turn mine off when I want to fly under the radar if ya know what I mean
What is the best deal you can get your setup at? do u have any pics of where you put ur switch and other pics of your system aswell?
Do i have to cut onto my xpipe or the offroad tubes between my x and Headers
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:23 AM   #27
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Moved to mustang audio and video
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 01:17 PM   #28
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: palmbay
Region: Florida
Posts: 8
cutouts

ok i have read this entire thread ohh boy where do i start.... well first i have kooks on my 13 5.0 sounds amazing with the bbk h pipe and magnaflow mufflers. kooks is SOLID. everyone has their opinion as they are entitled to. now for my question can i run the car constantly with the cut outs open?
warrlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Tags
2013 mustang, exhaust

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



04:50 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.