Mach 460 Sound - Replacing AMPs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-05-2013, 07:46 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maine
Mach 460 Sound - Replacing AMPs

I have 2002 GT and it has the mach 460 sound system. With this system there are three amps I believe; one in the front and two in the back. I wanted to upgrade the amps in the rear with a 1000w amp. Is this something that can easily be done? Would it even sound good with everything else stock? The only other thing that isn't stock with the sound is the head unit. Thanks in advance
Michael.s.king is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael.s.king View Post
I have 2002 GT and it has the mach 460 sound system. With this system there are three amps I believe; one in the front and two in the back. I wanted to upgrade the amps in the rear with a 1000w amp. Is this something that can easily be done? Would it even sound good with everything else stock? The only other thing that isn't stock with the sound is the head unit. Thanks in advance
Mach 460 Information

I found this really helpfull when learning about my mach 460, I think if you need an 1000w amp there might be a way to swap things over from the mach 1000 system. I really have no sound system experience though
Mustang936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:32 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maine
Yeah i saw that and kinda what raised my question. But I did find helpful! Just wondering if anyone out there has replaced there stock amps with bigger ones? Is it easy?
Michael.s.king is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video