door rattle - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-01-2013, 05:47 PM   #1

Region: Alabama
door rattle

I recently took my 07 convertible into my local ford dealer because the right audio channel was making a humming noise. After the "fixed it" I noticed a terrible rattle in the right door when listening to any form of music. Long story short when they took out the speaker they broke a small plastic part that holds the arm rest down.... Now they want to charge me $50 (warranty fee) to fix the problem. Does anyone know of a way to fix a problem (short of duct tape) like this without going back to this dealer? I understand my description is a little short so if you need more info or a pix please let me know.
Danner2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2013, 09:58 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
That's total bull ****! If / when my shop has broken something on a customers car we file a damage claim with our insurance company to buy / repair what ever was broken. If I were you I'd go back and raise holy hell with the shop and dealership manager until they fix what they broke. Seriously it's not ok for them to do that!

If your not going back and it's the clip that is broken you could try plastic welding it back on (if you have it) or if you want to go way low fi you could use some double sided tape.
Tec_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:11 PM   #3

Region: Alabama
Already raised hell. These guys have an excuse for everything. I've thought about the plastic weld but wasn't sure If it was safe to use in the area I need it. I'll go to the hardware store tomorrow and give it a shot. Will post results.
Danner2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2013, 10:16 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Look on rockauto. They sell a lot of fasteners and things specific for our cars. They are really cheap. If you wanted to push the issue, you could. That's why dealerships get a bad name. I'd get the email address of the store manager and let him know they lost a customer over a 2$ clip. I wouldn't just pay to have it fixed until I pushed it with them to fix it.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:20 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
That seriously sucks and is totally unacceptable. Is the broken bit on the part that comes off or the door card itself? You could all ways try some good glue.
Tec_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

« radio | Boom mat »