Aux input on 05 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-07-2013, 11:40 PM   #1

Region: California
Aux input on 05

I know this question has been asked and answered, but I am going to ask again.

on the 05, I know the aux input was never wired up even if button existed. the question is, is this the correct harness to add feature?

Amazon.com: iSimple ISGD571 Gateway Automotive Audio Input Interface Kit for Ford Lincoln Mercury and Mazda: Electronics

Thanks,

Steve

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

sorry to ask, but hate to waste $100 on wrong cable. SOmeone posted that did not work without "sync", whatever that is. Hate to think I need $100 cable + some other peice of junk...
Supercommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2013, 04:25 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercommuter View Post
I know this question has been asked and answered, but I am going to ask again.

on the 05, I know the aux input was never wired up even if button existed. the question is, is this the correct harness to add feature?

Amazon.com: iSimple ISGD571 Gateway Automotive Audio Input Interface Kit for Ford Lincoln Mercury and Mazda: Electronics

Thanks,

Steve

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

sorry to ask, but hate to waste $100 on wrong cable. SOmeone posted that did not work without "sync", whatever that is. Hate to think I need $100 cable + some other peice of junk...
It looks right... But I don't thing you need that harness. Check sonicelectronix.com. I got an aftermarket radio. Way better for my needs. Call ford and ask them. Ford in Vegas always gives me info about my stang and my 91 explorer. But that looks like to much just to hook a aux cord up the aux and the RCA cord should be all. That's the back of the shaker. I'm not sure I changed mine out the second day I had my 05 stang

You just need that cord up to the right. It plugs in to that port on the bottom left of the back of the shaker.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-47651393.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	435.9 KB
ID:	106738  
Old 05-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Not sure if this will work but this is what I'm thinking you might only need.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_....html?from=190
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2013, 05:02 PM   #4

THanks for input guys..I am still confused though. Appears cable must be smart to talk to radio on CAN before the aux input will even enable on stereo...is this correct? Otherwise this wont work. It also appears this might be I2S input, not analog? I simply want a 3.5mm plug to attach my phone.

I hate to say this, but WTF??? THis has to be the worst documented feature EVER. I cannot find a coheasive converstaion about this subject anywhere, only fragments.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Hears another.

http://www.installer.com/cars/by_car.php?carid=2247

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

Quote:
THanks for input guys..I am still confused though. Appears cable must be smart to talk to radio on CAN before the aux input will even enable on stereo...is this correct? Otherwise this wont work. It also appears this might be I2S input, not analog? I simply want a 3.5mm plug to attach my phone.

I hate to say this, but WTF??? THis has to be the worst documented feature EVER. I cannot find a coheasive converstaion about this subject anywhere, only fragments.
I'm actually looking it up now. This is not the business. It looks like you will need an auxiliary input interface( witch speaks to the stereo like you said, the auxiliary cable and a place to run it. A few other people said check your center console??? Not sure about that but it worth a shot. After market radio might be a good option and you can get a few more things out of it.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:51 PM   #6

Think I have it, Amazon.com: PIE FRD04-AUX/S Adjustable Auxiliary Input For Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Vehicles: Car Electronics

however, it is out of stock and no new date for parts! Just my luck.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:18 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Think I have it, Amazon.com: PIE FRD04-AUX/S Adjustable Auxiliary Input For Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Vehicles: Car Electronics

however, it is out of stock and no new date for parts! Just my luck.
That would be her right there. How much? Go on google and type that exact product in. There not the only seller out there guaranteed.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video