Best Brand? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-08-2013, 07:52 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Best Brand?

What Is the best brand of speakers out of kenwood, pioneer and alpine? Getting new speakers for my birthday for my 04 GT convertible just wondering what will be the best brand to get?
sLbxO143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by sLbxO143 View Post
What Is the best brand of speakers out of kenwood, pioneer and alpine? Getting new speakers for my birthday for my 04 GT convertible just wondering what will be the best brand to get?
Kids and highs? Or subwoofers? Subwoofers in my opinion are JL Audio and RE Audio. I have always had JLs and they are my opinion one of the best. Mods and highs... I like focal, Mb quart, and JL. I have pioneers in my truck they work real good and there the low grade series. Rockford fosgate is good from the one I've heard. Ken wood is always pretty good. You got 3 brand that are pretty close together. Look up focal. JBL isn't to bad they got good deals on those around the Internet. Try sonicelectronix.com they got everything. And there fast on delivery...... Good luck
And mid speaker with separate tweeter are always better, with cross overs and amps. And you'll be good.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:22 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedelpen View Post

Kids and highs? Or subwoofers? Subwoofers in my opinion are JL Audio and RE Audio. I have always had JLs and they are my opinion one of the best. Mods and highs... I like focal, Mb quart, and JL. I have pioneers in my truck they work real good and there the low grade series. Rockford fosgate is good from the one I've heard. Ken wood is always pretty good. You got 3 brand that are pretty close together. Look up focal. JBL isn't to bad they got good deals on those around the Internet. Try sonicelectronix.com they got everything. And there fast on delivery...... Good luck
And mid speaker with separate tweeter are always better, with cross overs and amps. And you'll be good.
+100
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

So I think I'm going to go with JL AUDIO C2-570X for the front speakers and the JL AUDIO TR600-CXi for the rear seat side panels. I also already have a double din pioneer head unit installed. Besides wiring equipment do I need to purchase anything else such as tweeters, amps, ect? Very new at this. I do not want a subwoofer just planning on replacing speakers for now
Old 05-08-2013, 11:15 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So I think I'm going to go with JL AUDIO C2-570X for the front speakers and the JL AUDIO TR600-CXi for the rear seat side panels. I also already have a double din pioneer head unit installed. Besides wiring equipment do I need to purchase anything else such as tweeters, amps, ect? Very new at this. I do not want a subwoofer just planning on replacing speakers for now
Well if you want those JLs to perform at THIER highest performance an amp is good. JL amp to be compatible, 400watt/4 channel. And tweeters is up to you. You can get the mids with the highs in the middle their still great. And it's easier to install.
That pioneer double din is probably bad *** I love pioneer or alpine deck. Their the top dog I think. Make sure your power wire to your amp is good size to carry the power.

http://www.jlaudio.com/xd400-4-car-a...plifiers-98261
This would be the amp. If you can try and get speaker with all the same wattage and ohm put out for continuos power.

These speakers same size you chose, all the same watts and ohms though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2777624118.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	106832   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2916190926.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	106833  

Name:	image-184221365.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	106836   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1245392494.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	106837  

Old 05-08-2013, 11:21 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Those JLs are nice you have looked at. You'll be happy.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:42 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I understand about the amp, I have heard from someone that works with speakers says that the amp is usually strong enough in the radio to hold the power. It's a gift so I'm trying to not over due the price LOL. If I hold out on the amp now. Both the front and rear speakers will be good though? I don't listen to music to blow my ear drums out just loud enough that it bumps lol. Stock setup is horrible nd blown lol
Old 05-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I understand about the amp, I have heard from someone that works with speakers says that the amp is usually strong enough in the radio to hold the power. It's a gift so I'm trying to not over due the price LOL. If I hold out on the amp now. Both the front and rear speakers will be good though? I don't listen to music to blow my ear drums out just loud enough that it bumps lol. Stock setup is horrible nd blown lol
Yes you'll be fine. I love my music so a jam it out! Lol but your good. Either way you'll be good. It just works your deck more. But if you don't blare your music you'll be just fine.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I'm about to build a custom box for my truck for a JL W7 12" needs lot of space. I love my bass.

This is my baby. All $900 bucks worth. The amp it $700 itself. But I love quality!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2758222013.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	106925  
Old 05-09-2013, 03:10 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Ooh wow it's like a concert in your car prob even better. I decided to get an external AMP as well. Do you think I should take out the MACH tweeters or leave them in bc I don't nescarilly need them and I think they are making a small crackling noise
Old 05-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ooh wow it's like a concert in your car prob even better. I decided to get an external AMP as well. Do you think I should take out the MACH tweeters or leave them in bc I don't nescarilly need them and I think they are making a small crackling noise
When I hooked my subs up I unplugged my stock subs in the doors. If I put in JLs.... Their crisp and I don't think you'll need any more high frequency. But try it first and see if you like the higher frequency some do. I like the bass more with equal highs not to much though. But you could leave them. More speakers more noise as my grandma says it....
Old 05-09-2013, 05:22 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I'll just have to wait and see when they get installed what I like better. I appreciate all of your help and when I get them installed in about a week ill let you know how everything went. Thank you
Old 05-09-2013, 06:17 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah I'll just have to wait and see when they get installed what I like better. I appreciate all of your help and when I get them installed in about a week ill let you know how everything went. Thank you
No problem. Tell the guys who install it. To see how it sounds with the 2 extra tweeter in still hooked up. If its to much for you. Tell them to leave them in and just unplug them. That way theirs no empty holes in your trim. I think the tweeter will be good still hooked up though. Good luck. Enjoy that system! It's bad ***!

And you could always put in a nice JL W0 10", sense you don't like to much head bangin loudness. It would really even everything out. Subs $110, a box for $50-75, and you can get a MTX amp for about $175 their real solid amps.
I got an MTX to my 2 W0 10"... It's nice. Good luck again

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video