base model stereo upgrade - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-21-2013, 09:12 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
base model stereo upgrade

Thought I would share with you guys my stereo upgrade. It sounds great and works well with the car. I'm still using the factory speakers with a highpass. I still have to create a carpeted faceplate for the amp rack and there is also a cap mounted to the other side. That's a pioneer 10 inch in a truck box and as you can see the whole setup fits right up under the rear beam so I can still get to my spare and full trunck space. Keep in mind if you have the shaker system which I don't you have a bunch of amps that will have to wired around if you place the head unit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0247.jpg
Views:	778
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	109630   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130427_175039.jpg
Views:	3364
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	109631  

GWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2013, 09:15 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWraith View Post
Thought I would share with you guys my stereo upgrade. It sounds great and works well with the car. I'm still using the factory speakers with a highpass. I still have to create a carpeted faceplate for the amp rack and there is also a cap mounted to the other side. That's a pioneer 10 inch in a truck box and as you can see the whole setup fits right up under the rear beam so I can still get to my spare and full trunck space. Keep in mind if you have the shaker system which I don't you have a bunch of amps that will have to wired around if you place the head unit.
That's a good looking setup. Like how it fits perfectly in the trunk space without taking up too much room
SoberGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:17 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Where are all your AC controls?
SystemCritical is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2013, 09:18 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Is the base head unit not the shaker 500 ?
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:19 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemCritical View Post
Where are all your AC controls?
You can see its all touch screen on the top one but I was wondering the same thing lol
Old 05-21-2013, 09:21 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoberGT View Post

You can see its all touch screen on the top one but I was wondering the same thing lol
Oh there it is.
SystemCritical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:22 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemCritical View Post

Oh there it is.
I was confused too at first lol but that's some fancy fancy stuff right there
Old 05-21-2013, 10:05 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
What brand installation kit is that??
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:17 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I like it.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:23 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Looks like metro kit

---------- Post added at 06:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 AM ----------

YouTube maestro 2011 mustang now that thing is amazing its another dash set up /) looks good op
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:59 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

More details please. Looks good
Jukens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:21 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Is the base head unit not the shaker 500 ?
Yes the base head unit is the same as the shaker head unit but the shaker system has external amps for the speakers. Since mine was a base there are no external amps.

As for more details the head unit is an Pioneer AVIC-850BT, with a METRA 99-5826CH 2010-Up Ford Mustang Touchscreen A/C Control Double Din Dash Kit.

Bluetooth mic is attached to the top of the steering wheel next to my Aeroforce scan gauge. (These cars run pretty rich from the factory. I won't modify the tune or engine until 10k miles to make sure no defects are in the car.)

All the speakers in the car are still stock. The sub is Pioneer TS-SW2501S4 10-Inch Step Up Shallow S4 Subwoofer in compatible pioneer prebuilt truck box.

The amp rack I built myself out of wood. Mounted to the back side of the amp rack is a 1.5 farad cap. The amp is a Kenwood mono block 300RMS 1K W max amp.

I use the head units high pass filter on the speakers in the car and I allow the sub to play mid and low range.

As for sound quality its way better than stock but it's not bass head shake the earth loud. It's only a 10 inch sub.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:58 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes the base head unit is the same as the shaker head unit but the shaker system has external amps for the speakers. Since mine was a base there are no external amps.

As for more details the head unit is an Pioneer AVIC-850BT, with a METRA 99-5826CH 2010-Up Ford Mustang Touchscreen A/C Control Double Din Dash Kit.

Bluetooth mic is attached to the top of the steering wheel next to my Aeroforce scan gauge. (These cars run pretty rich from the factory. I won't modify the tune or engine until 10k miles to make sure no defects are in the car.)

All the speakers in the car are still stock. The sub is Pioneer TS-SW2501S4 10-Inch Step Up Shallow S4 Subwoofer in compatible pioneer prebuilt truck box.

The amp rack I built myself out of wood. Mounted to the back side of the amp rack is a 1.5 farad cap. The amp is a Kenwood mono block 300RMS 1K W max amp.

I use the head units high pass filter on the speakers in the car and I allow the sub to play mid and low range.

As for sound quality its way better than stock but it's not bass head shake the earth loud. It's only a 10 inch sub.
Thank you, would you happen to know the diameter of the speakers and there wattage on the base model.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:33 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Thank you, would you happen to know the diameter of the speakers and there wattage on the base model.
5X7 or 6x8 will fit. I believe the stock speakers are about 25 watts. There are also 4 dollar panels you can buy to put components In the same place.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

5X7 or 6x8 will fit. I believe the stock speakers are about 25 watts. There are also 4 dollar panels you can buy to put components In the same place.
Hey thanks a lot, I've ask these questions on 3 threads and your the only real answer.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
GWraith, how is that 99-5826CH holding up? I'm thinking about buying one but have some doubts because I had the older version and the backlight stopped working.
InfinibandGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video