Sync Apps not finding apps iPhone - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-02-2013, 05:39 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Sync Apps not finding apps iPhone

well I have an iPhone 4S and use IHeart radio a lot I have a 2013 Shelby with the Shaker 500 system. Sync is up to date.

So here goes I was using IHeart radio via Bluetooth with out any problem between work and home maybe 40 minutes driving. I went on a longer trip and decided to plug the phone into the USB plug and try to use the Apps setting in Sync. The station would play for 5 seconds then stop playing. If I unplug the USB cable the station keeps playing. So I tried it yesterday to see what I was doing wrong and it did the same thing it does tell me No apps available even with the cable pluged in and IHeart running. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

2013 Shelby GT500 Born 12/06/2012 number 439 of 530 in DIB and 1 of 9 with Red Stripes over the top and on the seats
Mlarv5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2013, 01:47 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
iPhone+Sync=dissatisfied Ford owner.

I have been round-and-round with my Shaker 500 and Sync.

In the end I just ended up using an 1/8" audio patch cable, and a charger for my phone.

More wires and less convenience, but it works.
MedxGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlarv5 View Post
well I have an iPhone 4S and use IHeart radio a lot I have a 2013 Shelby with the Shaker 500 system. Sync is up to date.

So here goes I was using IHeart radio via Bluetooth with out any problem between work and home maybe 40 minutes driving. I went on a longer trip and decided to plug the phone into the USB plug and try to use the Apps setting in Sync. The station would play for 5 seconds then stop playing. If I unplug the USB cable the station keeps playing. So I tried it yesterday to see what I was doing wrong and it did the same thing it does tell me No apps available even with the cable pluged in and IHeart running. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
I can't speak for I Heart radio, but I listen to Pandora frequently. My opinion is that Sync Apps are not quite ready for prime time - I've had similar problems as you have when using the USB cable and the Sync App, but it works fine via Bluetooth streaming and just the standard "media" screen. This is using an iPhone 5 and (I think) current Sync software. Usually if I'm signing the cable and the app it will work fine until I get out of the car. If I don't carefully shut everything down, it seems to get stupid when it tries to reconnect. Looking on the Sync website has not been very helpful either. The software update process looks like a pain, and I can't determine if there even is an update available (another reason the Sync system is not quite finished). So far not a big deal to me, but if I have another reason to take the car to the dealer I will let them mess with it.
Daryll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2013, 09:12 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Software update was VERY easy. No issues with that. I purchased a map upgrade for my wife's 11 Taurus with Nav, and used the software update for my 11 GT.
Loosing all your numbers/favorites/presets was the biggest pain.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:31 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedxGT View Post
Software update was VERY easy. No issues with that. I purchased a map upgrade for my wife's 11 Taurus with Nav, and used the software update for my 11 GT.
Loosing all your numbers/favorites/presets was the biggest pain.
Thanks for the info - good to know. I just wish that I could tell if there is actually an upgrade available - the My Ford Sync website says that I an current, but I find that kind of hard to believe as my car was built in May 2012. Will check again on the website.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:43 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I would think there is an update. I don't have the MFT but I know there have been several updates for those.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:58 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedxGT View Post
I would think there is an update. I don't have the MFT but I know there have been several updates for those.
Yes, I have seen updates for MFT, but I just have the Sync with NAV - not the MFT. Confusingly that is also a touch screen system. Overall I'm happy with the package - phone sync is excellent and the navigation is decent too. Sync apps could be really useful if they would just work better. Still this software issue is worth my digging a little deeper when I have some time.
D
Old 06-08-2013, 11:47 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Keep digging!! I'd love to hear how it goes. I'm a Apple iPhone user with a desire to have my sync work better.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video