Stereo upgrade build log! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-06-2013, 10:31 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Stereo upgrade build log!

So I have had my 06 GT for a few months made changes here and there. Well now it's time to do some audio upgrades. this will be a log and some what of a tutorial for ones who need help or ideas. Currently all I have done so far is build a ported box for a Memphis M5 12".

Plans are a kenwood 397 deck (something simple yet provides features that the shaker 500 does not), kenwood excelon 6x8 door and rear deck coaxials, 4 channel amp for mids and highs, mono channel amp for the subwoofer and some deadening around the entire car for sound quality.

I have done a lot of SQ and SQL builds in my day with friends and for myself from building simple mdf boxes all the way to fiberglass and full carbon fiber enclosures. This build is to keep things simple while upgrading from the shaker 500.

Here is the box as a start (it's the most difficult thing throughout the build, is getting the box right and tuned to the right frequency for the type of subwoofer that will be put into it).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-892510536.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	438.7 KB
ID:	112585  
2006 Mustang GT Premium Satin Silver Metallic | 5 Speed Manual | Hurst Short Shifter | K&N CAI | JSR Strut Brace, FLCA Brace, Rear Shock Tower Brace | Flowmaster Axle Backs | Ford K Springs | JM Trackbar | 93 Bama Performance Tune

BeachMonkey100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2013, 11:23 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Do you know what speakers your going with I've upgraded everthing else except the speakers
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:34 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
Do you know what speakers your going with I've upgraded everthing else except the speakers
I am still debating, my buddy who owns a pretty big audio shop right outside of my neighborhood makes it easy if I wanna change my mind real quick. I'm most likely going to go with the excelons from kenwood.
2006 Mustang GT Premium Satin Silver Metallic | 5 Speed Manual | Hurst Short Shifter | K&N CAI | JSR Strut Brace, FLCA Brace, Rear Shock Tower Brace | Flowmaster Axle Backs | Ford K Springs | JM Trackbar | 93 Bama Performance Tune

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2013, 09:25 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Well this past weekend I got all wires ran through out the car, installed the new head unit and mounted my distribution block and amp, etc. I am very pleased with the install so far. I have a few loose wires that need to be hidden a little bit better but will worry about it once I get the box installed. here are a few pictures!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1328.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	113561   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1367.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	113562  

Name:	IMG_1331.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	113563   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1370.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	113564  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video