Speaker starting to sound blown - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-11-2013, 06:13 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Xaperez100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: San antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,230
Speaker starting to sound blown

One of my speakers sounds like its messed up already and I've only had the speakers for a month.. Could it be wiring? Or is the speaker just f'd.?
Xaperez100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
BeachMonkey100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Myrtle Beach
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 497
is it out of phase? what type of speak is it? also is this a stock system or set up with a 4 channel amp? coaxial or component?
__________________
2006 Mustang GT Premium Satin Silver Metallic | 5 Speed Manual | Hurst Short Shifter | K&N CAI | JSR Strut Brace, FLCA Brace, Rear Shock Tower Brace | Flowmaster Axle Backs | Ford K Springs | JM Trackbar | 93 Bama Performance Tune

BeachMonkey100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:31 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Xaperez100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: San antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachMonkey100 View Post
is it out of phase? what type of speak is it? also is this a stock system or set up with a 4 channel amp? coaxial or component?
Aftermarket stereo and no four channel amp
And it just sound crappy..
It's an audiopipe 6x8 400w
But the rest of my speakers sound great they're all the same
Xaperez100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-11-2013, 09:39 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
BeachMonkey100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Myrtle Beach
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 497
most likely the speaker is shot, to be honest it's not a brand I would touch, but are cheap enough to replace. If all you did was replace the speakers and did a decent job wiring the speaker should be fine my guess is it would be the speaker itself. I would check to see if you have the wires backwards first to solve any quick issues. hope this helps.
__________________
2006 Mustang GT Premium Satin Silver Metallic | 5 Speed Manual | Hurst Short Shifter | K&N CAI | JSR Strut Brace, FLCA Brace, Rear Shock Tower Brace | Flowmaster Axle Backs | Ford K Springs | JM Trackbar | 93 Bama Performance Tune

BeachMonkey100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Xaperez100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: San antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachMonkey100 View Post
most likely the speaker is shot, to be honest it's not a brand I would touch, but are cheap enough to replace. If all you did was replace the speakers and did a decent job wiring the speaker should be fine my guess is it would be the speaker itself. I would check to see if you have the wires backwards first to solve any quick issues. hope this helps.
Yeah i tried that... Wires were right.. Dang okay yeah I'm gonna have to upgrade to some better speakers.. What do you suggest?
Xaperez100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:44 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
BeachMonkey100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Myrtle Beach
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 497
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaperez100 View Post
Yeah i tried that... Wires were right.. Dang okay yeah I'm gonna have to upgrade to some better speakers.. What do you suggest?
well just running through the basics before we rule out that it is just a bad speaker. my two top favorites are kenwood and memphis. neither have let me down speaker wise or subwoofer wise and amps for that matter. I love their products and I keep it like this, "why change a good thing". the kenwood excelons (6x8) are what I am putting in my 06 here in a week or two when I get some time, good friend of mine that I go to for audio since his shop is about 30 seconds away from my house is where I get it all. I recommend them, but your options aren't limited. If you ask my honest opinion I will tell you the excelons for any vehicle because I have done a lot of installs with that certain speaker and it has never let me down or not impressed me.
__________________
2006 Mustang GT Premium Satin Silver Metallic | 5 Speed Manual | Hurst Short Shifter | K&N CAI | JSR Strut Brace, FLCA Brace, Rear Shock Tower Brace | Flowmaster Axle Backs | Ford K Springs | JM Trackbar | 93 Bama Performance Tune

BeachMonkey100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:57 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Xaperez100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: San antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachMonkey100 View Post

well just running through the basics before we rule out that it is just a bad speaker. my two top favorites are kenwood and memphis. neither have let me down speaker wise or subwoofer wise and amps for that matter. I love their products and I keep it like this, "why change a good thing". the kenwood excelons (6x8) are what I am putting in my 06 here in a week or two when I get some time, good friend of mine that I go to for audio since his shop is about 30 seconds away from my house is where I get it all. I recommend them, but your options aren't limited. If you ask my honest opinion I will tell you the excelons for any vehicle because I have done a lot of installs with that certain speaker and it has never let me down or not impressed me.
Yeah I love kenwood. That's what I'll be erring next then!
Xaperez100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



09:07 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.