Audio fades in and out? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-11-2013, 04:23 PM   #1

Region: Oregon
Audio fades in and out?

I have a 2006 GT with the Shaker 500 audio system. For the last week or so the audio fades in and out intermittently.

This seems to only happen when the car is in gear, it does not have to be moving. It does not follow any particular pattern that I can pick up and is just half a second or so (seems to always be the same length of time for the fade). The lights do not dim on the display while this is happening.

Anyone have any ideas on where to start checking? The wiring diagram does not show any obvious connection between in gear and the audio but I am not great at reading wiring diagrams. There is also a 'drain' (ping 3 on c290a), could that have anything to do with it?

Any help would be appreciated.
-Ken
AtHomeTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2013, 10:52 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Could be something going wrong with the speed adjusted volume. Try turning it off under the menu if it's on.
Tec_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:59 PM   #3

I did think that and I did turn it from off to on. It did not seem to make any difference.

Thanks for the response
-Ken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2013, 11:10 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Could try disconnecting the bat and seeing if a reset fixes it. If not could be the radio or the amp going bad.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:13 PM   #5

With the two amps and it being both sides fading I doubt its an amp but it could def be the radio. I wish I had one to test with. It could give me the opportunity I need to upgrade though

-Ken
Old 06-11-2013, 11:27 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

First thing I did was dump my factory head unit. Can not get my 4 channel amp in fast enough and those factory "speakers" out fast enough.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tec_ View Post
First thing I did was dump my factory head unit. Can not get my 4 channel amp in fast enough and those factory "speakers" out fast enough.
So what did you go with for a head unit? I am still undecided about what to go with.

-Ken
Old 06-11-2013, 11:47 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Ive been running a old alpine double din for the past few years. I'm a alpine fanboy. But I also install car audio part time and I've come to dig pioneer and kenwood too.

Honestly I will never go anything other than double din from now on purely based on looks. Dash kits are not bad looking but a full screen looks better than a pocket.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video