Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Kicker Upgrade kit

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  thecos54 
#1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone has this or knows of anyone that has it and how it sounds or if its worth the money. Thanks for any help.

#2 ·
The price that Shelby wants is for the convenience of a plug and play system that fits in your factory location. If your ok with putting a box and amp in your trunk you can spend less for the same quality or spend the same and get a better set up.

No doubt it's a step up from stock, but your paying for the convenience.

#5 ·
Thanks you both for responding, first --

@Tec_ I know it's probably cost a little more due to the convenience factor. I didn't really wanna gut everything, because I was trying not to spend to much, if I start changing the head unit, speakers, amp and subs, I know I'll spend quite a bit more than the $1250. Yes I know it would probably sound much better, but I also want some trunk space.

@ Black on Boss--- thanks for the pictures, that's the one, at least the sub, do know know how many speakers you car has all around? Are they all kicker? And how does it sound ? I heard that you can get it upgrade to this kit from the dealership, but I bought my 5.0 used... I do love the car, just wish the stereo was a little better.. Thanks again.

Oh and if anyone else reads this, and has bought and installed this kicker upgrade let me know your thoughts on it.. Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.