Need help with Audio - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-17-2013, 03:50 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Need help with Audio

I think I understand *most* of the audio stuff. I have Mach460 in my car and I am wanting to get subs. I plan on getting a receiver, amp, subs, the single DIN adapter and enclosure. Here is the link to them. Will everything work together and what else would I need? Thanks

Sony CDX-GT570UP CD receiver at Crutchfield.com --Receiver
MTX Magnum Audio MB210SP Magna Bass Package Dual 10" ported enclosure with 250-watt mono amplifier at Crutchfield.com --Everything else
bkh1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2013, 03:23 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Everything should work together. I'm assuming its a budget build? Only things you need are the wiring harness for the factory amps and a complete amp wiring kit if you dont already have one. Crutchfield should offer both of the wiring harnesses you need (and a dash kit depending on the year of your stang)
SonicBlueRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:58 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBlueRider View Post
Everything should work together. I'm assuming its a budget build? Only things you need are the wiring harness for the factory amps and a complete amp wiring kit if you dont already have one. Crutchfield should offer both of the wiring harnesses you need (and a dash kit depending on the year of your stang)
I want to redo the sound system on the cheap side, yeah haha. I already found the wiring harness, two for 10. And the amp wiring kit I think was 30, does that sound right? It's a 2003, what is a dash kit and would I need it? Is that the little spacer since I have a double DIN radio? Sorry about all the questions haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2013, 02:09 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkh1994 View Post

I want to redo the sound system on the cheap side, yeah haha. I already found the wiring harness, two for 10. And the amp wiring kit I think was 30, does that sound right? It's a 2003, what is a dash kit and would I need it? Is that the little spacer since I have a double DIN radio? Sorry about all the questions haha

Yea so this is what my harnesses look like. I also have a 2003 with the mach 460

Click image for larger version

Name:	mustang harness.jpeg
Views:	113
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	129435

And the dash kit sure is to cover the rest of the space of the double din opening we have. Looks like this

Click image for larger version

Name:	stang dash kit.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	129436

As far as the amp wiring kit goes, it can range from 30-100 depending on the brand, thickness, and material. For your setup you'd be fine with an 8 ga wiring kit, if you plan on upgrading your build later on I'd go with a 4 ga kit.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:32 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea so this is what my harnesses look like. I also have a 2003 with the mach 460

And the dash kit sure is to cover the rest of the space of the double din opening we have. Looks like this

As far as the amp wiring kit goes, it can range from 30-100 depending on the brand, thickness, and material. For your setup you'd be fine with an 8 ga wiring kit, if you plan on upgrading your build later on I'd go with a 4 ga kit.
Okay cool. Looks like I'm set with what I've picked out. Where exactly did you get the wire harness from because the one I looked act didn't look quite like it
Old 09-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Okay cool. Looks like I'm set with what I've picked out. Where exactly did you get the wire harness from because the one I looked act didn't look quite like it
I believe I got them from amazon, but if you are buying the receiver from crutchfield, there should be an option to put the year, make, and model of your vehicle. Then when you place the receiver in your cart I think it offers the correct harnesses and the dash kit for a decent price since your already buying the receiver from them
Old 09-18-2013, 03:08 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I believe I got them from amazon, but if you are buying the receiver from crutchfield, there should be an option to put the year, make, and model of your vehicle. Then when you place the receiver in your cart I think it offers the correct harnesses and the dash kit for a decent price since your already buying the receiver from them
Yes there is. Thanks for all the help!!

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Quote:

Oh one more question...what would I need to replace my door speakers with some aftermarket ones? Besides speakers haha
Old 09-18-2013, 03:26 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes there is. Thanks for all the help!!

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Oh one more question...what would I need to replace my door speakers with some aftermarket ones? Besides speakers haha
No problem.

About the speakers, I haven't opened mine up because I think they sound fine. I would assume you would just need to cut off the ends of the wires and crimp on some connectors that will hook up to the new speakers (assuming the ends of the wires have connectors meant for OEM speakers only). One thing I've read online though is that the factory mach amps with aftermarket speakers sound like crap so I would suggest you keep your factory amps and speakers until you've saved up to buy speakers and a new amp for those speakers. A quick google search should give you some better info on this.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:36 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No problem.

About the speakers, I haven't opened mine up because I think they sound fine. I would assume you would just need to cut off the ends of the wires and crimp on some connectors that will hook up to the new speakers (assuming the ends of the wires have connectors meant for OEM speakers only). One thing I've read online though is that the factory mach amps with aftermarket speakers sound like crap so I would suggest you keep your factory amps and speakers until you've saved up to buy speakers and a new amp for those speakers. A quick google search should give you some better info on this.
One of mine is blown, I don't know which but it's on the passenger side. I was just wondering because it is going to need to be replaced
Old 09-18-2013, 03:47 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

One of mine is blown, I don't know which but it's on the passenger side. I was just wondering because it is going to need to be replaced
Oh ok, maybe hitting up a local junk yard and pulling the factory speskers out? Probably cheapest way to go if you can find em.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Oh ok, maybe hitting up a local junk yard and pulling the factory speskers out? Probably cheapest way to go if you can find em.
Okay awesome. Thanks for all of the help!!
Old 09-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Okay awesome. Thanks for all of the help!!
Your welcome! : )

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video