Head units? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-19-2013, 10:00 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
ProudSixxer26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 421
Head units?

I need a new head unit for my 02. I got 2 10" JL Audios and a 1500 watt amp, and I also have pioneer door speakers. I need something that can handle all of it. I mainly listen to my iPod and sometimes radio. So if u guys can, just post a good head unit with link. I also like ones that do cool things like move or touchscreen. So post ones that u guys hav used. Thanks
ProudSixxer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-19-2013, 12:16 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 289
I'm a alpine fanboy, but having installed but loads of both of theses decks I don't have a problem recommending them.


Pioneer DEH-X6500BT
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...H-X6500BT.html

Pioneer AVH-X3500BHS
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...-X3500BHS.html
Tec_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
ProudSixxer26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tec_ View Post
I'm a alpine fanboy, but having installed but loads of both of theses decks I don't have a problem recommending them.

Pioneer DEH-X6500BT
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...H-X6500BT.html

Pioneer AVH-X3500BHS
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...-X3500BHS.html
Thanks but since you like alpines how's this one?
http://www.crutchfield.com/app/car/s...FH-X700BT.html

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudSixxer26 View Post

Thanks but since you like alpines how's this one?
http://www.crutchfield.com/app/car/s...FH-X700BT.html
My bad it's a pioneer
ProudSixxer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 289
Yeah that's a solid unit. Think a few people around hear have it and like it. It's basically a big version of the pioneer DEH-X6500BT i linked. We've sold a lot of them too, people like them better than having that dinky pocket that most dash kits have.
Tec_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:03 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
SonicBlueRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: M - Town
Region: Washington
Posts: 28
The previous units look pretty good, I recently purchased the Kenwood unit in the link below and I think its worth checking out if you havent decided on a unit yet.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-64TsDNU...DC-BT555U.html
SonicBlueRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
ProudSixxer26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 421
All good choices, but I do hate that dinky pocket. Do u guys no of any other double dins around 100-200 range?
ProudSixxer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:49 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudSixxer26
All good choices, but I do hate that dinky pocket. Do u guys no of any other double dins around 100-200 range?
JVC has one very similar to the one you posted for that price. But it's gonna be hard to find one with a touch screen for that price that isn't a hunk of junk.
Tec_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:58 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
ProudSixxer26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tec_ View Post

JVC has one very similar to the one you posted for that price. But it's gonna be hard to find one with a touch screen for that price that isn't a hunk of junk.
Oh ok. I might just go with the pioneer. Do u think it can handle my system?
ProudSixxer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:14 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 289
Yeah it will be fine. And now you can use the pre outs on the back of the new deck for your amp and sub and get some base control instead of the line out put converter you had to use with the factory radio.
Tec_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:19 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
ProudSixxer26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tec_ View Post
Yeah it will be fine. And now you can use the pre outs on the back of the new deck for your amp and sub and get some base control instead of the line out put converter you had to use with the factory radio.
Cool it's getting ordered tomorrow. Thanks guys for the help.
ProudSixxer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:32 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 289
Don't forget your dash kit and wiring harness check out metraonline.com to find out what you need.
Tec_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



04:42 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.