Good subs? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #36
Sad Panda
Staff
 
silverskoundrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,633
I haven't sold anything on there haha just buy stuff
__________________
@silverskoundrel
05 TL Mustang Base (the silverskoundrel) - sold
05 TL Mustang GT - sold
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
Milehigh STK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Colorado Springs
Region: Colorado
Posts: 379
I mean I'm buying from an auction! Why is PayPal better? And how can I tell if the seller is good?
Milehigh STK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #38
Sad Panda
Staff
 
silverskoundrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,633
PayPal is a insured way to pay for something and they cover your *** if you get screwed & are you using eBay on mobile or desktop?
__________________
@silverskoundrel
05 TL Mustang Base (the silverskoundrel) - sold
05 TL Mustang GT - sold
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-21-2013, 05:49 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
Milehigh STK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Colorado Springs
Region: Colorado
Posts: 379
Desktop
Milehigh STK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:17 PM   #40
Sad Panda
Staff
 
silverskoundrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,633
Look about in the middle right where it has the percentage it's their rep go for higher rep sellers if possible
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3525910610.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	187.8 KB
ID:	129790  
__________________
@silverskoundrel
05 TL Mustang Base (the silverskoundrel) - sold
05 TL Mustang GT - sold
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:04 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
fastJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: CLUTE
Region: Texas
Posts: 196
Sonicelectronix.com is the place for you to get your stuff and
sub and amp I suggest
1 alpine type R 12 or the new type x 12
Amp will be a hifonics 1500 RMS at 1 ohm or at 2 ohms will be 1000 RMS
The wiring kit I suggest is a kicker 4 gauge wiring kit comes with everything you need. The power is wire very flexible that's why I like it. With this set up your golden more than enough and you can find a box for it on there for like 50 shipped
fastJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:11 PM   #42
Sad Panda
Staff
 
silverskoundrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,633
I've ordered a couple radios, door speakers, & a sub or two haha
__________________
@silverskoundrel
05 TL Mustang Base (the silverskoundrel) - sold
05 TL Mustang GT - sold
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:40 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastJ
Sonicelectronix.com is the place for you to get your stuff and
sub and amp I suggest
1 alpine type R 12 or the new type x 12
Amp will be a hifonics 1500 RMS at 1 ohm or at 2 ohms will be 1000 RMS
The wiring kit I suggest is a kicker 4 gauge wiring kit comes with everything you need. The power is wire very flexible that's why I like it. With this set up your golden more than enough and you can find a box for it on there for like 50 shipped
Don't get me wrong I'm a alpine fanboy and I've had 3 type R's back in the day when I was young and dumb and unless your having it professionally tuned using a SMD DD-1 or a O-scope it's not a starter sub. If there is ANY distortion or voice in the signal your feeding it it will eat its own voice coil. As for hifonics I've only ever gotten to see it and work on it paired with Orion HCCA subs (must be a package deal on some website) and they seem solid. But for a starter amp sub for the price and how it stands up to abuse I like kicker. Kenwood isn't bad, but they suck at advertising. They lead with peak not RMS and it leads to a lot of disappointment with customers. Honestly on a budget MTX makes the most amazing el cheep-o amp sub combo it is the best example of perfect speaker paired with the correctly tuned box, and the perfect amp. The build quality isn't amazing but the sound is.

EDIT: also sonicelectronix has some of the best prices I've seen on current model stuff, but eBay stores for new inbox versions of last years stuff rocks.
Tec_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:05 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
fastJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: CLUTE
Region: Texas
Posts: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tec_ View Post
Don't get me wrong I'm a alpine fanboy and I've had 3 type R's back in the day when I was young and dumb and unless your having it professionally tuned using a SMD DD-1 or a O-scope it's not a starter sub. If there is ANY distortion or voice in the signal your feeding it it will eat its own voice coil. As for hifonics I've only ever gotten to see it and work on it paired with Orion HCCA subs (must be a package deal on some website) and they seem solid. But for a starter amp sub for the price and how it stands up to abuse I like kicker. Kenwood isn't bad, but they suck at advertising. They lead with peak not RMS and it leads to a lot of disappointment with customers. Honestly on a budget MTX makes the most amazing el cheep-o amp sub combo it is the best example of perfect speaker paired with the correctly tuned box, and the perfect amp. The build quality isn't amazing but the sound is. EDIT: also sonicelectronix has some of the best prices I've seen on current model stuff, but eBay stores for new inbox versions of last years stuff rocks.
Ha 3? I thought 2 was enough they shake the entire house and the hifonics amps are really great and a nice product and I like that they use rms instead of advertising that they can do 100000 watts people need to know that they need continuous power which is rms
fastJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:24 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastJ
Ha 3? I thought 2 was enough they shake the entire house and the hifonics amps are really great and a nice product and I like that they use rms instead of advertising that they can do 100000 watts people need to know that they need continuous power which is rms
Not at one time. Blew up one after another. Type R's sound amazing but they are NOT forgiving subs
Tec_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



08:22 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.