Shaker stereo - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-29-2013, 09:34 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Shaker stereo

Found a place that sells the sub, amp, and bolt-in trunk assembly for 250. Already have 2 10's in a box in my winter beater, but theyre pretty powerful (gonna blow my car apart) and theyll take up too much room so i dont wanna throw em in. Just wondering how the shaker sounds and if its even worth gettin. Theres virtually no bass from the stock speakers (just got the 4 stock ones)
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2013, 10:48 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Shaker 500 is a decent system, nothing high end with ear wrecking bass but none the less miles ahead of the stock 4 speakers.
It comes with 2 rears, 2 8inch subs in the door, 2 front speakers with tweeters attached to them. Sounds pretty good if youre playing 320kbps or more songs

So if I'm understanding your question right like if you should get shaker 500 or not, are you talking about from factory in a new car?

I guess Microsoft sync comes built in with shaker system, I'm not too sure about the steering wheel controls like if you still get them with factory 4 speakers. I thought about replacing stock radio with an aftermarket DVD, but the dash kit you have to install makes everything look shabby in my opinion. Plus this kit alone would cost you 200-300 dollars alone, kinda pricey for me.

That whole setup for 250 that you're talking about, does it come with a custom fit enclosure for your trunk? Get after market speakers too if you can afford (try Polks), their highs would perfectly complement the lows from your sub IMO.
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:52 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Amazing! Had someone listen to it and did not beleive it was a factory option
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2013, 11:14 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
Shaker 500 is a decent system, nothing high end with ear wrecking bass but none the less miles ahead of the stock 4 speakers. It comes with 2 rears, 2 8inch subs in the door, 2 front speakers with tweeters attached to them. Sounds pretty good if youre playing 320kbps or more songs So if I'm understanding your question right like if you should get shaker 500 or not, are you talking about from factory in a new car? I guess Microsoft sync comes built in with shaker system, I'm not too sure about the steering wheel controls like if you still get them with factory 4 speakers. I thought about replacing stock radio with an aftermarket DVD, but the dash kit you have to install makes everything look shabby in my opinion. Plus this kit alone would cost you 200-300 dollars alone, kinda pricey for me. That whole setup for 250 that you're talking about, does it come with a custom fit enclosure for your trunk? Get after market speakers too if you can afford (try Polks), their highs would perfectly complement the lows from your sub IMO.
Its aftermarket, i wish i still had the link. Its just the trunk assembly, not even sure if it comes with the wiring or any door speakers. Id like to look into a dash assembly too, but i wouldnt put it in unless i was able to do it myself. Ido have all the steering wheel controls too. Only control my wheel is missing is the directional arrows for the track apps

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
Amazing! Had someone listen to it and did not beleive it was a factory option
Do you know what the wattage is of the subwoofer? Real not peak.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:17 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Both subs are 60W each and they fill drivers cabin pretty nicely with base
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
Both subs are 60W each and they fill drivers cabin pretty nicely with base
That sounds pretty low, but im sure itll be ideal for what im lookin to have. My 10's i got now are 400rms each and im scared to put that much bass in, even just one. I wanna keep my interior intact but still have some nice sound lol oh and trunk space.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:39 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Easy, powered and still leaves some space. Not as custom fit as the factory upgrade, but it hits low enough to rattle EVERYTHING that is not tight. You'll give up the corner of your trunk for this one though.

$250.00, shipped.
Amazon.com: JBL GT-BassPro12 12-Inch (300mm) Car Audio Powered Subwoofer System: Car Electronics
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:15 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I had a Shaker 500 in my 07. I loved it! I got so many compliments and so much disbelief that it was a stock system.
I don't have a Shaker in my '14 though, so is it possible to just drop the subs in without modifying the stereo head? And how difficult/possible would it be to put the subs in the doors like the stock systems?
TheBlackStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:22 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

What is the factory radio in the base mustang? Just wondering because mine is close to suck.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
What is the factory radio in the base mustang? Just wondering because mine is close to suck.
Tiny little clock radio lookin screen. Havent had to panel off to see what the wiring is like yet

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackStang View Post
I had a Shaker 500 in my 07. I loved it! I got so many compliments and so much disbelief that it was a stock system. I don't have a Shaker in my '14 though, so is it possible to just drop the subs in without modifying the stereo head? And how difficult/possible would it be to put the subs in the doors like the stock systems?
Depends on the wiring i guess, would have to get new door panels and the fixture that holds it in place (another thing i havent taken off to look at) and the base speakers in the doors sound small, think theyre round tho
Old 10-01-2013, 02:17 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I actually opened mine weeks ago to check out the connections. I am planning to add amp to the front speakers only and a sub as well. Here is what it looks like:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2293323305.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	699.9 KB
ID:	131105

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1806687682.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	656.6 KB
ID:	131106
Tangster is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video