Idatalink/Maestro MUS1 Dash kit install. - Page 10 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-23-2014, 07:24 AM   #316
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
no, the built in mic will only work when Sync is setup for calls, Ive experimented........

I figured as much but thank you for confirming. I wish that wasn't the case because on the Kenwood you can't seem to place on icon on the home screen for the Sync phone (or anything in the category of "My Mustang") but you can for the comparable built in radio ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
JSchu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2014, 07:39 AM   #317
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
no, the built in mic will only work when Sync is setup for calls, Ive experimented........

I figured as much but thank you for confirming. I wish that wasn't the case because on the Kenwood you can't seem to place on icon on the home screen for the Sync phone (or anything in the category of "My Mustang") but you can for the comparable built in radio ones.

Old 11-23-2014, 08:07 AM   #318
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
You don't need it on the home screen. You can bring it up anytime with a short press on phone sw button so long as a call is not ringing in. In that case the sw button will answer the call instead.

We have a full owners guide available on the website now.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
maestro.idatalink.com
12V Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2014, 08:08 AM   #319
Registered Member
Regular

I'm the guy that hasn't connected that one wire yet...

Haha

Old 11-23-2014, 09:44 AM   #320
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchu22 View Post
I'm the guy that hasn't connected that one wire yet...

Haha

Yeah...................................about that.

maestro.idatalink.com
Old 11-23-2014, 10:51 AM   #321
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
I have the raxiom unit but I'm thinking about switching to this. Does the total cost always end up over $1000?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 11:13 AM   #322
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Strider View Post
I have the raxiom unit but I'm thinking about switching to this. Does the total cost always end up over $1000?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
depends on what head unit you choose, contact Joy Woodruff at www.soundoftristate.com thats where I got my setup, they have good deals. (email: joy@soundoftristate.com) she'll set you up with a good deal. tell her Scott from the Mustang forums referred you.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:08 PM   #323
Registered Member
Regular

Now I know why I haven't connected the Sync wire. There are no fewer than 3 blue wires which appear to have no distinction from the others. All I can say is that the one with the red line isn't what I'm looking for but it could be anyone of the other three. Of course if I could get the damn harness to disconnect I may have so more room to work with.

Old 11-23-2014, 02:17 PM   #324
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchu22 View Post
Now I know why I haven't connected the Sync wire. There are no fewer than 3 blue wires which appear to have no distinction from the others. All I can say is that the one with the red line isn't what I'm looking for but it could be anyone of the other three. Of course if I could get the damn harness to disconnect I may have so more room to work with.

when you find the wire you believe is the one you want, before cutting it, use a voltmeter and push the voice button on your steering wheel, if the voltage drops below 5v, youve found the correct wire
Old 11-23-2014, 02:26 PM   #325
Registered Member
Regular

Just like someone trying to diffuse a bomb with seconds left, I literally just said "$&@# it" and picked one of the three options.

The car did not explode.

Old 11-28-2014, 09:37 PM   #326

Another question for you experts out there. I have an iPhone 5s when I connect it via Bluetooth everything works fine the problem comes when I plug it via usb. It plays but it doesn't sound. And with pandora not even wired not Bluetooth. Any help out there

mateo.lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 05:10 PM   #327
Registered Member
Regular

You're using the MUS1? What radio? Do you have the USB connected to the dash kit properly? There are two and some radios only have 1 USB input so both ports in the kit won't be functional.

Old 12-08-2014, 09:01 PM   #328

Using a dnx 890 and msu1 it is properly connected

Old 12-09-2014, 06:09 PM   #329
Registered Member
Regular

Does it charge the phone?
Old 12-09-2014, 11:33 PM   #330

Yes it does :/

Old 12-10-2014, 01:36 AM   #331
Registered Member
Regular

I think that HU has multiple USB ports. Is one of them not compatible with a lightning cable connected device?

Old 12-10-2014, 06:40 AM   #332
Registered Member
Regular

When you set up the radio initially you have to select AVIN as AV not IPod. If you select IPod it expects you are using a Kenwood cable the does control over USB and audio/video over 3.5 mm jack. This is not possible with newer devices and is legacy for old 30 pin devices. Call Kenwood. They could help you in 5 seconds.

maestro.idatalink.com
Old 01-11-2015, 05:12 PM   #333

Angry PATS flashing after install

I just installed a kenwood dnn911 with mus1 and the module, but now the car won't start. The anti-theft light is flashing. The keys unlock and lock the doors and acc turns on. When I try to start, nothing...no crank. I'm also getting advance trac errors. Did I miss something? Also, what was I supposed to do with the connector from the old faceplate/ac control?
Trifire49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 06:02 PM   #334
Registered Member
Regular

Most likely you connected the wires at the obdii port backwards. Try disconnecting them first thing. There is no need to do anything with the 4 pin from the factory bezel.

maestro.idatalink.com
Old 01-11-2015, 09:22 PM   #335

Still won't start, D/C'd OBDI wires to idatalink

I couldn't wait until am to try. I'm really pissed that I messed this up. I'm pretty sure that its the PATS. The battery voltage got too low too. I didn't d/c the battery before installation? Not good huh? I did put a charge on it and d/c'd it for a min, but no change when reconnected. What else am I missing. Did I short something. The directions didn't say to d/c the battery, but usually it should be done. I wasn't sure with all the computers and all. By the way, the car is a 2014 V6 with Shaker 500 sound and sync.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:25 AM   #336
Registered Member
Regular

Did you disconnect the wires from obdii first to see what happens? That is first thing. Second thing is to check the pats fuse. There is a fuse for pats that is prone to blowing. Happens often during remote start install but hardy ever during maestro.

maestro.idatalink.com
Old 01-12-2015, 07:20 AM   #337

Won't crank still

I d/c'd the obdii wires and checked the fuse. Fuse is good. Still no change. I also noticed the odometer is all dashes. The wires weren't backwards, but I dc'ed anyway.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:53 AM   #338
Registered Member
Regular

Those are the main things that usually lead to weirdness. The no crank really sounds like the fuse. There are several fuseboxes in the car. Did you check in all of them?? I will try to get the exact on from our remote start techs..
maestro.idatalink.com
Old 01-12-2015, 11:24 AM   #339

Well, I figured it out. As suggested in a previous post, instead of looking for the SW2 wire right at the connector, I traced it to a more accessible harness (near the center tower). At least I thought I did. The small blue wire there was to something to do with the PATS. I had noticed that the sync and phone buttons weren't working (no flash on module), so I figured I got it wrong. Anyway, short story long, I reconnected that wire and the car starts, with no errors (so far). I found the right SW2 wire and it's working so far. I got the obdii wires reconnected and it's all working. Now I just have to figure out how to use the Kenwood unit. Thanks for your time 12v Guy! By the way, can I flash the module when it's connected to the car?
Old 01-12-2015, 11:28 AM   #340
Registered Member
Regular

No, you cannot flash with power connected.
maestro.idatalink.com
Old 01-12-2015, 11:29 AM   #341

Thought so. Thanks.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:55 AM   #342

Screen won't open

Got a new problem. The motorized screen won't open to allow access to the CD/SD card. It moves a couple degrees then moves to the -1 position. Looked in the documentation but found no info. Did I jam it in the installation? Was there a packing thing I missed. Thanks for your help.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:58 AM   #343
Registered Member
Regular

just pull off the bezel and try again. If it works, you placed the radio slightly off and it's jamming on plastic. If not, you may have it jammed in another place. At that point, take it out and try opening it with brackets still attached, but not in car. Last check, take off brackets (although this should not help anything).
maestro.idatalink.com
Old 01-18-2015, 10:58 AM   #344

Hey everyone! New guy here trying to install this kit into my 2014. I've been reading through this forum and have found a lot of great info. However, I'm still a little unclear how to tap into the OBDII connector. One of the posts mentions to not cut the wires coming into the port but looking at its current connections I can't see how you could avoid cutting the wires to make the connection. Could someone please clarify? Also any photos of the port after the connections were made would be great. Any info about the sync connection would be great also, just to be safe. Thanks so much in advance.
broseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 09:55 PM   #345

Ok I reread everything more closely and I see I need to tap into those wires which I have now done. I've tested the continuity and so far so good. But I'm still thrown off by the SWI2 wire. The instructions say it should be blue/orange (not blue/red) but I just see two blue wires. I want to test them but how do I do that? What wire is the ground? According to the sync wiring diagram there are two grounds (both black and grey). I tried them both but got no voltage from grounding to either wire. Can someone just tell me which blue wire it is? One is thicker than the other if that helps

Thanks
Old 01-19-2015, 06:39 AM   #346
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by broseph View Post
Ok I reread everything more closely and I see I need to tap into those wires which I have now done. I've tested the continuity and so far so good. But I'm still thrown off by the SWI2 wire. The instructions say it should be blue/orange (not blue/red) but I just see two blue wires. I want to test them but how do I do that? What wire is the ground? According to the sync wiring diagram there are two grounds (both black and grey). I tried them both but got no voltage from grounding to either wire. Can someone just tell me which blue wire it is? One is thicker than the other if that helps

Thanks
find the wire you believe is the correct one, carefully expose the wire (I used an exacto and shaved a little of the coating off) grab a voltmeter, with the key on, ground the negative volt meter probe, touch the positive probe of the volt meter to the exposed wire, now hit the voice button on your steering wheel, look at the volt meter while pushing the voice button, if the voltage drops below 5v, that is the correct wire, if no voltage drop, it is NOT the correct wire, keep looking. I got lucky and the first wire I checked was the correct one, its a very tedious and nerve racking exercise lol
Old 01-19-2015, 11:26 AM   #347

No sound with Sync

I noticed that Capn Morgan had a similar problem, but I didn't see the solution. Before I buttoned everything up, sync worked fine. After I buttoned up, the volume of the "sync, say a command" lowered, then went away entirely. The function changes properly, just not voice prompt. When I pulled it back apart, it worked again. I double checked the cables and they were connected correctly (though maybe something was coming loose when I closed up). I even moved the maestro unit to different area. What's up. Overheating. Thanks for you help.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:09 PM   #348

Great! That worked like a champ. Thanks for the help. Everything appears to work as planned. Your right, between the OBDII, and sync that made for a stressful start. After that is was pretty smooth sailing.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:11 AM   #349
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by broseph View Post
Great! That worked like a champ. Thanks for the help. Everything appears to work as planned. Your right, between the OBDII, and sync that made for a stressful start. After that is was pretty smooth sailing.
glad you got it, its an awesome setup, I enjoy mine everyday
Old 01-21-2015, 12:55 AM   #350

Ok here's one. I have the Kenwood 851HD and I want to change the background image. I created an image that is 800 x 480 (the resolution of the screen), but when I upload the image to the unit it displays the image at a much lower resolution and it looks terrible. Even images I load directly from my camera which are up in the 4096 range look really low res and bad. I changed the splash screen image and it looks fine. Has anyone else experienced this?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video