Idatalink/Maestro MUS1 Dash kit install. - Page 11 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-22-2015, 12:13 PM   #351
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
just wanted to drop by and say I joined the club. Got a great deal on a Kenwood DNX690HD. The full kit is on its way should get to me in Germany in a few weeks. I do have a few questions that you guys might be able to help with. I have a base car without Sync. I do however have a set of premium steering wheel buttons. When I program the module can I select the sync steering wheel but disable sync and program the buttons however I want? second question. I use a portable Garmin right now and I have European maps on a SD card. can I load those onto this unit?
2013 mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2015, 11:39 AM   #352
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Has anyone heard or had any dead battery issues with this setup? Its happened to me twice- once after the car sat for about 3 weeks and also after less than 24 hours. The battery has been checked and it's fine. I've read of (and experienced) this with the Scosche kit but not the MUS1.

I'm using an Alpine INE-W957HD as my HU.

Thanks in advance.
JSchu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 01:58 PM   #353
Registered Member
Regular

Okay so I got everything in and installed it today. Looks amazing and everything is working except my rear speakers. Anyone have any ideas why that might be? I looked at the settings and I have everything plugged in and wired correct.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2015, 08:26 PM   #354
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchu22 View Post
Has anyone heard or had any dead battery issues with this setup? Its happened to me twice- once after the car sat for about 3 weeks and also after less than 24 hours. The battery has been checked and it's fine. I've read of (and experienced) this with the Scosche kit but not the MUS1.

Thanks in advance.
I haven't experienced this at all, I'd look elsewhere, it's not the ADS system

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 mustang View Post
Okay so I got everything in and installed it today. Looks amazing and everything is working except my rear speakers. Anyone have any ideas why that might be? I looked at the settings and I have everything plugged in and wired correct.

on all outputs? as in radio, iPod, satellite? or just bluetooth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2015, 12:53 PM   #355

Region: Maryland
Quote:
My rear speakers are extremely low compared to the front speakers as well. Did you find a fix?
sickwitit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 01:04 PM   #356
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
What factory audio trim do you have? Base, Shaker or Shaker Pro?
maestro.idatalink.com
12V Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 01:06 PM   #357
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchu22 View Post

Thanks in advance.
We sleep when bus goes to sleep and we have no electronics in our dash kit. Only thing I can think of is perhaps you did not complete the initialization process. Did you go through the series of popups when you first powered on radio and get all the way to end where the screen says, Completed Successfully?
maestro.idatalink.com
Old 02-23-2015, 01:34 PM   #358

Guys I need help installing an amp. Where do I connect the remote, rca and stuff I thought I had it. But it doesn't sound help please. I have a dnx 890, maestro and a kicker cx600 with a 12" kicker. Help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
mateo.lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 04:51 PM   #359
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo.lo View Post
Guys I need help installing an amp. Where do I connect the remote, rca and stuff I thought I had it. But it doesn't sound help please. I have a dnx 890, maestro and a kicker cx600 with a 12" kicker. Help would be appreciated.

Idatalink doesn't effect the installation of an amp, it hooks up like normally, use the remote wire off your aftermarket head unit, and connect your low level rca's to the head unit as you normally would

Old 02-23-2015, 04:59 PM   #360
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickwitit View Post
My rear speakers are extremely low compared to the front speakers as well. Did you find a fix?
I did. They are still low but my problem was when I played Bluetooth the first time it defaulted settings to front only for all inputs. I just had to change settings.

Sent from my XT1080 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 02-23-2015, 05:06 PM   #361
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I did. They are still low but my problem was when I played Bluetooth the first time it defaulted settings to front only for all inputs. I just had to change settings.

yeah, guess you missed where I asked you if your issue was only through bluetooth. glad you got it fixed

Old 02-23-2015, 05:09 PM   #362
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
yeah, guess you missed where I asked you if your issue was only through bluetooth. glad you got it fixed

I did see it that's when I checked. I have just been to busy with work and tracking down other problems with my car I just got around to getting back on here. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Old 02-28-2015, 09:54 AM   #363
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Just had this whole set up installed with a kenwood dnx891hd and I must say I am super happy with it. I have the base model so i love that I have Pretty much all the bells and whistles now and I threw in the rear view camera. Excellent integration

LUDAKRS526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 04:58 AM   #364

Does anyone know if this kit works with my Alpine INE-W970BT? I installed the HU with the Metra kit 99-5823CH but I am not really happy with it.
Will all the features work with my Alpine and what do I need to make it work?

- ADS MUS1 dash kit
- ADS MRR adapter
- ADS HRN FOR01 harness

is there anything else?!
SpeedyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 07:38 AM   #365
Registered Member
Regular

I believe it only works with kenwoods but I could be wrong.

Old 03-01-2015, 07:50 AM   #366
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyJoe View Post
Does anyone know if this kit works with my Alpine INE-W970BT? I installed the HU with the Metra kit 99-5823CH but I am not really happy with it.
Will all the features work with my Alpine and what do I need to make it work?

- ADS MUS1 dash kit
- ADS MRR adapter
- ADS HRN FOR01 harness

is there anything else?!
maybe Im missing it but I dont see your unit listed

http://maestro.idatalink.com/search/..._audio_id=7364

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUDAKRS526 View Post
I believe it only works with kenwoods but I could be wrong.

Alpine are compatible as well
Old 03-01-2015, 07:56 AM   #367

* thats what you will need, yes and I believe the Alpine is compatible, but I would verify that by checking the ADS idatalink Website*

Great thanks, but the website isn't that clear. My Alpine isn't on the list, I guess it would go under the option ... other with BT.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:14 PM   #368
Registered Member
Regular

i kept my stock head unit..works just finee lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
croach412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 07:57 AM   #369
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
* thats what you will need, yes and I believe the Alpine is compatible, but I would verify that by checking the ADS idatalink Website*

Great thanks, but the website isn't that clear. My Alpine isn't on the list, I guess it would go under the option ... other with BT.
You can only use the radios listed on the link posted earlier with the MUS1 dash kit. The reason is the headunit MUST have the climate control screen and iDatalink protocol inside. The model you mentioned above is NOT compatible. You can use it with Maestro MRR and FO1 t-harness but you will need a dash kit that has climate in it and you will not get any bell/whistles such as gauges, TPMS screen etc.

Also when you have a compatible radio you only need two parts:

ADS-MRR - this is module.
KIT-MUS1 - this is dash kit, but it INCLUDES the T-harness so you do not need FO1.

Cheers,
maestro.idatalink.com
Old 03-11-2015, 08:18 AM   #370

Well, the HU has the iDatalink connector and the climate control screen. But the protocol I am not sure, according to the firmware, it is the same.
I think I just have to try and see what happens. The Kenwood HU already arrived, the rest should be here any time next week. Let's hope I didn't waste my money!
Old 03-14-2015, 02:05 PM   #371

Maestro MUS1/RR

Does anyone have one of the following Kenwood head units, DNX891HD, DNX771HD, DNX691HD OR DNX7710BT, DNX571HD?

I am going to install the dashkit with the interface modul into my 2013 base V6. The Kenwood is a German version and to make it work, I would need a serial no. of one of the above listet US Kenwood head units. The hardware and the sofware are identical, they use the exact same firmware. But to flash the maestro module a US Kenwood s/n is needed!

Could anybody please send me his serial no. of one of those Kenwood head units, to make it run!?
Old 03-14-2015, 07:14 PM   #372

Region: West Virgina
Issue with ADS-MUS1 and DNX571HD

Today i got my ADS-MUS1 kit installed along with the MRR and DNX571HD radio. I'm only having 1 issue. All the buttons on the kit are working fine, however EVERYtime i turn on the rear defroster the main unit and screen goes blank (the rear defroster works fine). I can still use any and all buttons to control climate and they appear to work, but can't see anything on the screen or hear the radio playing.
As soon as i turn off the rear defroster the radio boots back up and everything works as intended.

I've reflashed and refreshed the MRR unit a few times. The firmware is the newest according the website that flashes it, and the DNX571 has the newest firmware as well. I have verified all cables appear to be plugged in, and everything works, just defroster causes the screen to go dead while its plugged in.
Psidelt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 03:27 PM   #373

Quote:
Does anyone have one of the following Kenwood head units, DNX891HD, DNX771HD, DNX691HD OR DNX7710BT, DNX571HD?

I am going to install the dashkit with the interface modul into my 2013 base V6. The Kenwood is a German version and to make it work, I would need a serial no. of one of the above listet US Kenwood head units. The hardware and the sofware are identical, they use the exact same firmware. But to flash the maestro module a US Kenwood s/n is needed!

Could anybody please send me his serial no. of one of those Kenwood head units, to make it run!?
I have been told that I need a serial no., is that correct or just a model no. to flash the RR? I am a bit confused.
If I just need a model no. I'll just pick a similar US model, check the features and firmware and it should work?! ....
Old 03-16-2015, 10:37 AM   #374

Region: West Virgina
Talking Rear Defroster -RESOLVED

After speaking to Jane at ADS she helped me go through a bunch of steps and we figured out my "certified installer" was an idiot. He didn't plug the power from the MRR to the Kenwood DNX571HD. There was power from the radio right to a cable that appears connected to the main power near the ODB connector.

I tried to connect all 3 together and the car would NEVER TURN OFF. It remained on at all times. So i connected the power the way it was supposed to be, and everything appears working as normal.

1 Minor issue that i can live with. When i'm using Bluetooth (slacker or something OTHER THAN PANDORA) the climate bar shows to the far left, no matter the setting. But when i use any other forms of radio input, it shows the correct setting.
Psidelt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:45 AM   #375

Can not install the usb driver for the maestro rr box therefor I can not flash it. Any idea how to manually install the driver?
Old 03-17-2015, 05:20 PM   #376

Thumbs down ****ty support

The support from idatalink is not willing to help. It is not possible to install the neccessary driver on any other language version of windows than english. My windows is in German and there is no way to make it run just because of the usb driver.
I never heard of any system being restricted to one version only. What difference does it make on which language pack it is based?!

Therefor the whole system is useless for me and I totally wasted my money, great!
Old 03-18-2015, 02:52 PM   #377
Registered Member
Regular

^^^ that sucks man, I'm sure you can sell it for minimal loss

Old 05-19-2015, 08:52 PM   #378
Registered Member
Regular

I have had the Mus 1 dash kit installed for about three months now with everything working great. This morning I went to push the rear defrost button and it seems like the whole bar of buttons pushed in. It appears the row of buttons seems to have disconnected from the dash kit. Just wanted to see if this has happened to anyone and If so what's the remedy? Haven't had a chance to take it apart yet hoping nothing broke

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Old 05-20-2015, 09:10 AM   #379
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psidelt4 View Post
After speaking to Jane at ADS she helped me go through a bunch of steps and we figured out my "certified installer" was an idiot. He didn't plug the power from the MRR to the Kenwood DNX571HD. There was power from the radio right to a cable that appears connected to the main power near the ODB connector.

I tried to connect all 3 together and the car would NEVER TURN OFF. It remained on at all times. So i connected the power the way it was supposed to be, and everything appears working as normal.

1 Minor issue that i can live with. When i'm using Bluetooth (slacker or something OTHER THAN PANDORA) the climate bar shows to the far left, no matter the setting. But when i use any other forms of radio input, it shows the correct setting.
Can you please PM me about this issue? I need you to upload a video of this issue to me so we can bench test it exactly.

Thanks,
maestro.idatalink.com
Old 05-22-2015, 02:42 PM   #380
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUDAKRS526 View Post
I have had the Mus 1 dash kit installed for about three months now with everything working great. This morning I went to push the rear defrost button and it seems like the whole bar of buttons pushed in. It appears the row of buttons seems to have disconnected from the dash kit. Just wanted to see if this has happened to anyone and If so what's the remedy? Haven't had a chance to take it apart yet hoping nothing broke

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
PM me if something broke. We can mail you a replacement button bar and I'd like to take a look at yours.

12V Guy
maestro.idatalink.com
Old 05-22-2015, 02:50 PM   #381
Registered Member
Regular

Sent you a PM thanks again for your help

Old 05-27-2015, 08:52 AM   #382
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1432734749.643303.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	183483 so the housing for the screw broke

Old 05-27-2015, 08:54 AM   #383
Registered Member
Regular

This is what the other side that's holding looks likeClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1432734845.383723.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	183484

Old 05-27-2015, 09:25 AM   #384
Registered Member
Regular

epoxy will fix that with problem, sucks it happened but it's an easy fix

sent from my Galaxy S6 using tapatalk
Old 07-10-2015, 11:44 AM   #385
Registered Member
Regular

Does anyone know of a Dash overylay kit for the MUS1dash. I want to spice up my interior but all the overlay kits I see don't seem to be a match with the MUS1 set up. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video