Idatalink/Maestro MUS1 Dash kit install. - Page 13 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-23-2016, 10:41 AM   #421

Region: South Dakota
Hey guys I have a different question regarding a Kenwood DNX892 with the MUS1 and idatalink connection, which is a fantastic unit. The problem I'm having is when I go into my mustang and want to use the gauges they don't work. The installer told me that because I have and aftermarket tune for the ECU the gauges will not work. I can't imagine this is true the gauges on my dash still work after reflashing my ECU. Have any of you had this problem? If so were you able to rectify it.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
louie3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2016, 10:57 AM   #422

Region: Illinois
It just reads the ODBII port. Is it plugged in or connected ?
mrbtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2016, 11:14 AM   #423
Registered Member
Regular

the tune has absolutely nothing to do it, it needs to be connected to the OBDII port to provide the gauges, the original MUS1 kit (like mine) you had to splice into two wires on the OBDII port, the new MUS1 kits have a connector that plugs into the OBDII port

Sent from my S6 using tapatalk
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2016, 05:52 PM   #424

Region: South Dakota
Scott does your mustang have and aftermarket tune?

louie3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 06:45 AM   #425
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie3.7 View Post
Scott does your mustang have and aftermarket tune?

yes, and the gauges worked fine for me, I no longer have the OBDII gauges as I moved away from the Kenwood and went with a Pioneer 8100nex, but when I did they worked 100%
Old 06-13-2016, 01:44 PM   #426

Region: Michigan
Shaker 1000 help

Know this is an old thread but about the only good thread I seen anywhere....

2010 Mustang W/Sync & Shaker 1000 Idatalink/Maestro RR W/MUS1 Dash kit & Kenwood DDX773BH.

I tried to hook this all up and get it working this last weekend but couldn't get everything to work right...

I got the front door amps and subs working but nothing from the rear amp/subs. I hooked up the single white RCA labeled as SUB to the sub output the the kenwood DDX773BH and fronts work but nothing in back. I tried hooking up the other RCA's that where labeled AUX(I think)but still nothing to the rears.

Read at least one person on here that has a same year range Shaker 1000 and had it working with factory amps/setup trying to figure out what I am missing to get mine to work.

Till I get it figured out I have stayed with the stock radio....

Will eventually swap out the rear subs and amp but will not be immediately so just trying to figure out how to get this setup working correctly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Carfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:24 AM   #427
Registered Member
Regular

I am having what seems to be a nightmare with the install. I wired the for01 harness to the stereo harness. And hookeup everything up to the maestro rr and my stereo stays on.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1469111039112.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	203570  
jrdnsky59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:35 PM   #428
Registered Member
Regular

have you calles ADS customer service? they are great to deal with. in the mean time, did you program the module after first powering on? try a master reset of Maestro through the headunit

Sent from my Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk
Old 07-21-2016, 11:55 PM   #429
Registered Member
Regular

Yes i got it sorted out. I flashed it wrong. Flashed it as remote wiring and its all set and running

Sent from my SM-N920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
jrdnsky59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:29 AM   #430

Region: Oklahoma
hey guys, love this thread. Sorry to bring it back from the dead, but installed mine last night and have a few questions.

1.) I don't have SYNC, but I do have the SYNC steering wheel and the car reflashed for a 2013 Premium. Currently everything is active other than the 3 Sync buttons on the wheel (hang up, speak, and OK). Where do I need to tap the pink wire on the clockspring to be able to gain this functionality?

2.) I have an auto, and I cannot eject a disc while the car is in park or else the screen hits the shifter and throws an error.

3.) Is it possible to set an idle timer to return to the home screen if the radio hasn't been touch in, say, 5 seconds? When I switch to climate and make my selections, I wish it would go back to the previous screen after making the changes without me pressing "Home" on the screen.

Thanks guys!
FiveLeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 03:30 PM   #431
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
Thanks, guys. I'm not on the fence, I know I want it. I just don't know WHAT I need to buy for my particular setup. Now you guys got me really worried about my Sync. All I can say is that when I hit the "Phone" button on the dash, the phone button on the steering wheel, or the voice button on the steering wheel, nothing happens. This did not used to be the case when my car was less than a year old. Then I didn't use Sync for like 2 years because I hated the microphone. Now it doesn't do anything. Might it be because I got a new phone in between, so when I enter my car there is no bluetooth device hooked up?

The other thing I'm really overwhelmed with is when you go to the iDataLink website to make your order, there are like a dozen radio choices. I don't know what to go with.

Sorry... I know I sound like an uneducated whiner... I'm just very new to this audio/entertainment stuff.
This may seem like a dumb question but did you pair your new phone to your SYNC system?? If not then there you go.

Get the manual out and read up on it. Pairing is pretty simple and once you do it the phone hooks up instantly...well mine does anyway.
5.0L Coyote
MT82 Trans, 3.73LS rear
Brembo Brakes
Rudeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 04:54 PM   #432
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I had the Raxiom GPS unit, and returned it. That unit was complete crap! I am about to pull the trigger on the Kenwood/MUS-1 unit and just wanted to check in with everyone that has installed this system. Do you still like it?
crroy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 04:41 AM   #433
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Canada
Send a message via Skype™ to Gravydog316
Quote:
Originally Posted by crroy71 View Post
I had the Raxiom GPS unit, and returned it. That unit was complete crap! I am about to pull the trigger on the Kenwood/MUS-1 unit and just wanted to check in with everyone that has installed this system. Do you still like it?

For what it's worth, I haven't heard anything good about Raxiom , or anything bad about pioneer or kenwood...
I was going to get the new Raxiom radio, until i read the reviews lol
Gravydog316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video