Idatalink/Maestro MUS1 Dash kit install. - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-14-2013, 07:36 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIZ_65 View Post
haha that's awesome. I just hung up with Paul. He was just finishing up flashing the module and just wanted to confirm that I was bone-stock (no amp, etc..) before doing so. And he told me that the box would be packed and ready to ship before he leaves tonight. Super great customer service thus far. ...Glad to hear I'm not the only guy running a refurb. lol ....Stupid to pay over $1K for something half the price and just as good!

Well. My thought process was that it went through production a second time. So usually none of the issues remained. Quality control! Haha. But I was also on a bit of a budget so I decided to risk it. No regrets!
Capn__Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2013, 06:10 AM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn__Morgan View Post
Hey 12volt. Any update?

This will take some time. We are having replacement button bars produced and we will not receive them until sometime early next year. But, do not worry. We will not forget you. When we receive corrected parts, we will make a posting to this thread for how you can get one shipped to you.

We apologize for the issue and we will correct it, but will need you to be patient as we can't get them made in China at the drop of a hat.

Happy Holidays!!
maestro.idatalink.com
12V Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:48 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I can't get the climate controls to work. The thing lights up, but none of the quick buttons work. When i try and access climate on the head-unit, it is greyed out...AC is running full blast and no way to turn it off...Does the blue plug need to be plugged into the maestro? Did i miss soemthing?
-2011 GT , 6AT, 3.73 FRPP Gears, Bassani Longtubes, Bassani HiFlo cats, Bassani Cat-Back Xhaust, BOSS 302 Intake, Steeda BOSS 101mm CAI, BBK85mm TB, Eibach Pro Shocks/Struts/Springs, BMR LCAs, UPR Relo. Brackets..
-1965 FB 2+2 , 289 4bbl Edlebrock Performance, Raven Exhaust..
CHIZ_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

What is your weblink user name? Let me check your flash.
maestro.idatalink.com
Old 12-23-2013, 07:21 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I can't get the climate controls to work. The thing lights up, but none of the quick buttons work. When i try and access climate on the head-unit, it is greyed out...AC is running full blast and no way to turn it off...Does the blue plug need to be plugged into the maestro? Did i miss soemthing?

Do you have it wired into your OBD wires? And do you have the tiny white harness connected on the front of the plate?
Old 12-23-2013, 07:31 PM   #111
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12V Guy View Post
What is your weblink user name? Let me check your flash.
brandon.chisholm@gmail.com

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Quote:
Do you have it wired into your OBD wires? And do you have the tiny white harness connected on the front of the plate?
Yes its wired into the OBDII....I can see all my gauges and car info on the kenwood..all of that synched up nicely.........White harness connected on the front of the plate? You mean the one plug that plugs into the dash kit behind the quick-punch buttons? If so, yes. its in. And lights up. But buttons don't work.
-2011 GT , 6AT, 3.73 FRPP Gears, Bassani Longtubes, Bassani HiFlo cats, Bassani Cat-Back Xhaust, BOSS 302 Intake, Steeda BOSS 101mm CAI, BBK85mm TB, Eibach Pro Shocks/Struts/Springs, BMR LCAs, UPR Relo. Brackets..
Old 12-23-2013, 07:33 PM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
brandon.chisholm@gmail.com

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Yes its wired into the OBDII....I can see all my gauges and car info on the kenwood..all of that synched up nicely.........White harness connected on the front of the plate? You mean the one plug that plugs into the dash kit behind the quick-punch buttons? If so, yes. its in. And lights up. But buttons don't work.

Yeah. I would say it was flashed wrong or the dash kit has a problem with it. That would be my two guesses though.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:17 PM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

I can't even log into Maestro...I created an account...but when I log in, it says "Browser error"....Even tho I was using Windows XP...Internet Explorer 11...and my ActiveX and JavaScripts were all enabled....I have no idea how to check my RR unit and re-flash...
Old 12-24-2013, 09:13 AM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I can't even log into Maestro...I created an account...but when I log in, it says "Browser error"....Even tho I was using Windows XP...Internet Explorer 11...and my ActiveX and JavaScripts were all enabled....I have no idea how to check my RR unit and re-flash...

We can and will help you get flashing working. The issue you are having with IE11 can most often be solved by going to the menu on the top bar in IE11: Tools--> Compatibility View Settings and adding our page to the list. When you close the menu, the webpage will reload and should detect OK.

Still, would be best for us to be on phone when you flash to ensure you don't have any more issues. You can reach tech support at: 866-427-2999 and just choose Maestro Audio support from the phone menu.

Happy holidays,
maestro.idatalink.com
Old 12-24-2013, 02:14 PM   #115
Registered Member
Regular

UPDATE!!! ....Mark (12V Guy) saved the day! .....I changed the IE11 settings, reflashed the module, and I was able to control the climate on the Kenwood unit. However, the quick-buttons were still not working. So, Mark called me (on xmas Eve no less!!) ...we did a series of workaround steps to reflash the RR module again (choosing the Synch option at the steering wheel instead of non-synch, turning synch off in the drop down options since I do not have synch, etc..)...Then we reflashed the module again. And rebooted it before plugging it back into the car (for good measure)...We plugged it in to the car, I re-sycnhed my car info to the Kenwood and it all worked. Mark says the engineers will look at this and fix it for future users. Long story short, IT ALL WORKS and its thanks to 12V Guy....Awesome customer service at ADS!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	442
Size:	684.0 KB
ID:	142769   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	1222
Size:	593.4 KB
ID:	142770  

Old 12-24-2013, 02:19 PM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

Question about IPOD/IPHONE connections....I have the IPHONE 5 , which i use as my IPOD...It connects via USB..and the part that goes into my phone is the new Lighting connection thing....Anyway....The kenwood reads it fine, displays the album art and plays the music, but there is NO AUDIO coming through....I nosed around the settings, but couldn't find anything. What am I missing guys? Thanks!
Old 12-24-2013, 02:21 PM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Question about IPOD/IPHONE connections....I have the IPHONE 5 , which i use as my IPOD...It connects via USB..and the part that goes into my phone is the new Lighting connection thing....Anyway....The kenwood reads it fine, displays the album art and plays the music, but there is NO AUDIO coming through....I nosed around the settings, but couldn't find anything. What am I missing guys? Thanks!

Had the same problem! I use bluetooth feature to stream music. I can't get my iphone 5 to connect to use the bluetooth telephone. Any help on that? Kenwood does make a cable to use for your iphone if you're hell bent on having it wired. But for me the bluetooth is great.
Old 12-24-2013, 02:24 PM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

Put radio in standby. Press Setup from within the Standby screen. You will see 8 icons. Choose Source. Then choose AV-IN SETUP from the list. On the next screen the ipod AV interface use needs to be set to AV-IN2, not ipod. This will make everything work.
maestro.idatalink.com
Old 12-24-2013, 02:30 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Had the same problem! I use bluetooth feature to stream music. I can't get my iphone 5 to connect to use the bluetooth telephone. Any help on that? Kenwood does make a cable to use for your iphone if you're hell bent on having it wired. But for me the bluetooth is great.
Do you have Sync? If so you can only pair with Sync for handsfree phone calls. If not, you need to make sure the OEM BLuetooth feature is turned Off. Go to Standby source. Press Setup. Choose Source. Choose OEM setup. Set OEM BLuetooth to off. This will enable phone pairing to Kenwood Bt. You should only do this if you do not have sync and if you are use Kenwood BLuetooth for phone calls and have installed the microphone. You can use iPhone 5 for audio with standard lightning cable. Just follow directions I posted earlier.
maestro.idatalink.com
Old 12-24-2013, 02:31 PM   #120
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Do you have Sync? If so you can only pair with Sync for handsfree phone calls. If not, you need to make sure the OEM BLuetooth feature is turned Off. Go to Standby source. Press Setup. Choose Source. Choose OEM setup. Set OEM BLuetooth to off. This will enable phone pairing to Kenwood Bt. You should only do this if you do not have sync and if you are use Kenwood BLuetooth for phone calls and have installed the microphone. You can use iPhone 5 for audio with standard lightning cable. Just follow directions I posted earlier.

I'll try this later today! Thanks!
Old 12-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Put radio in standby. Press Setup from within the Standby screen. You will see 8 icons. Choose Source. Then choose AV-IN SETUP from the list. On the next screen the ipod AV interface use needs to be set to AV-IN2, not ipod. This will make everything work.
I did this and was able to switch it from IPOD to AV-IN2. But now what? Now I just need to plug in my USB cord and open the "Ipod" section?

Using the blutooth to stream music is hit or miss. It worked this morning for me, but then this afternoon my phone couldn't connect for some reason. "No Device"...and when i went into the BT settings on my phone, and chose the GPS NAVIGATION manually, it still couldn't connect.
Old 12-25-2013, 02:20 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

Yes. Plug in cable and you can use ipod or Pandora. Rest of stuff suggest you call kenwood.
maestro.idatalink.com
Old 01-01-2014, 05:44 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular

Have you guys had any luck changing the boot-up screen image? The Kenwood logo/screen is lame. There is a vid on youtube, but it doesn't look like the same head-unit as mine. DNX890HD. The one in the vid has a knob on the left and mine does not.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:32 PM   #124
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Ya changed mine a while ago. I have the DNX570HD but the process for the 2012 models is virtually the same for our 2013 models. I used this video to accomplish what I needed. The boot screen on mine is now the same as my avatar on the left.

How to Change Splash Screen on Kenwood DNX6190 - YouTube
2010 Black GT. Appearance mods only so far. SS center fog grille, DG Customs side and window scoops, SLP Loudmouth axle backs, Roush center console button, Roush white shift knob and boot, ADS/Maestro RR dash kit w/ Kenwood NAV setup to retain SYNC.

NOTE: OEM grille, mufflers, and 401A shift knob w/boot are for sale if interested. PM me an offer.
Double J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:46 PM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double J View Post
Ya changed mine a while ago. I have the DNX570HD but the process for the 2012 models is virtually the same for our 2013 models. I used this video to accomplish what I needed. The boot screen on mine is now the same as my avatar on the left.

How to Change Splash Screen on Kenwood DNX6190 - YouTube

I wonder if it would be possible to do this with a .gif file? That way it actually moved during the loading process.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:06 PM   #126
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Have you guys had any luck changing the boot-up screen image? The Kenwood logo/screen is lame. There is a vid on youtube, but it doesn't look like the same head-unit as mine. DNX890HD. The one in the vid has a knob on the left and mine does not.

I have the DNX890...no problem changing the screen.

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1388628392.195469.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	221.5 KB
ID:	143469
EastTNMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:41 PM   #127
Registered Member
Regular

I think i have a problem guys....I followed all the steps, got the image loaded...Now when it starts up, I see the image, and my menu loads up, and then the Kenwood freezes. My DNX890 freezes on whatever screen i was in and stays there. I restarted it a few times - same thing...after 20 seconds or so it freezes....I reset the radio once too. Same thing is happening....

EDIT: ....I went back outside a minute ago to go through the whole process again thinking "what the heck..can't get worse"....and when i turned the key, the radio loaded (with my new image)..and did NOT freeze. Everything seemed normal. I'll update again later when I head home from work.

EDIT 2: ....9:35pm...The DNX890 is jazzed up. Same thing. It'll freeze after 20 seconds or so regardless of what screen I'm on. The radio will continue to play though...I reset it, the original Kenwood image shows up when it boots, but it keeps freezing...This was a bad idea. I'm going to take it apart, unhook it from the cars power source and the RR module, put it all back together again, and see if that makes a difference...
Old 01-02-2014, 08:22 AM   #128
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Changing the splash screen is a pretty standard operation on these and should have nothing to do with why your HU is freezing. Have you checked to see if you're running the latest firmware? I would call Kenwood if you're still having trouble.
2010 Black GT. Appearance mods only so far. SS center fog grille, DG Customs side and window scoops, SLP Loudmouth axle backs, Roush center console button, Roush white shift knob and boot, ADS/Maestro RR dash kit w/ Kenwood NAV setup to retain SYNC.

NOTE: OEM grille, mufflers, and 401A shift knob w/boot are for sale if interested. PM me an offer.
Double J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:57 AM   #129
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double J View Post
Changing the splash screen is a pretty standard operation on these and should have nothing to do with why your HU is freezing. Have you checked to see if you're running the latest firmware? I would call Kenwood if you're still having trouble.
Bought the HU in December, and the latest firmware update was in November. Pretty sure it has the latest version...My guess is that the "Reset" that you have to do to bring up the option to change the splash screen, followed by the "Reset" performed to reboot the unit after you upload the image, caused the unit to glitch somehow.

I am in the process of a "Master Reset" right now. Completely disconnected from the car battery for 2hrs. Stay tuned...
Old 01-02-2014, 12:31 PM   #130
Registered Member
Regular

The Master reset was a failure. Same result. Unit freezes about 20 seconds after start-up. I was able to get into the software settings before it froze one time. I noticed it has software version 1.6 ....the website says there is a 1.7 available. Regardless, the HU freezes on me so quickly I'll never be able to perform the update. I think I'll need to send it back for warranty repairs.....
Old 01-02-2014, 03:54 PM   #131
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The Master reset was a failure. Same result. Unit freezes about 20 seconds after start-up. I was able to get into the software settings before it froze one time. I noticed it has software version 1.6 ....the website says there is a 1.7 available. Regardless, the HU freezes on me so quickly I'll never be able to perform the update. I think I'll need to send it back for warranty repairs.....

Definitely call Kenwood and see what they suggest...it's not unheard of to receive a bad HU.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:42 PM   #132
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14rs3roush View Post
Definitely call Kenwood and see what they suggest...it's not unheard of to receive a bad HU.
I called the guys I bought the HU from. They are Kenwood distributors and they sell Factory Refurbished HUs....Mine was factory refurbished with a 6 mo. warranty. Its already in the mail being sent back to them...
Old 01-04-2014, 06:16 AM   #133
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I called the guys I bought the HU from. They are Kenwood distributors and they sell Factory Refurbished HUs....Mine was factory refurbished with a 6 mo. warranty. Its already in the mail being sent back to them...

Keep us updated on your progress when you get the replacement.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:49 PM   #134
Registered Member
Regular

The guys who I sent the head-unit to couldn't get it to freeze. They said they couldn't recreate the issue. Awesome.....ANYWAY, they sent me a new head-unit regardless. And this one has the updated firmware "version 1.7". The one that froze had 1.6.

I installed it and it works great. It even navigates between screens faster. I bet its the new firmware....Anyway, I'm afraid to try and change the splash screen now..
Old 01-08-2014, 10:42 PM   #135
Registered Member
Regular

Well, new issue guys. I turned on the car tonight, navigated to the climate control screen to find I couldn't adjust the fan strength or the hot/cold functions. Rear defrost, AC on my button bar both worked fine. And I could light them up on the screen. I could even change the direction of the fans (defrost, feet, face, etc...)....See picture.

Yesterday I had to reflash the RR module to link to my replacement head-Unit...and as before I had to flash it with the "Synch with audio buttons" steering wheel option (even though mine is the base model with none of those) in order for the buttons on the button bar to work. This is a workaround 12V_Guy told me to do the first time around a couple weeks ago. As before, I was sure to deselect the Synch and Audio steering wheel options as I proceeded to flash the module...Although, this time I don't know if I did it right...I didn't manually reset the RR module this time (so the red button flickers real fast) before plugging it back in. Should I have? My friend is getting tired of me borrowing his PC for these flashes.....

EDIT: I've never seen the 0.0 degrees witht he up and down arrows on the left side of the screen. Didn't have that option when things were working right. I must have done something wrong....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	screen.JPG
Views:	454
Size:	440.9 KB
ID:	144146  
Old 01-08-2014, 10:44 PM   #136
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well, new issue guys. I turned on the car tonight, navigated to the climate control screen to find I couldn't adjust the fan strength or the hot/cold functions. Rear defrost, AC on my button bar both worked fine. And I could light them up on the screen. I could even change the direction of the fans (defrost, feet, face, etc...)....See picture.

Yesterday I had to reflash the RR module to link to my replacement head-Unit...and as before I had to flash it with the "Synch with audio buttons" steering wheel option (even though mine is the base model with none of those) in order for the buttons on the button bar to work. This is a workaround 12V_Guy told me to do the first time around a couple weeks ago. As before, I was sure to deselect the Synch and Audio steering wheel options as I proceeded to flash the module...Although, this time I don't know if I did it right...I didn't manually reset the RR module this time (so the red button flickers real fast) before plugging it back in. Should I have? My friend is getting tired of me borrowing his PC for these flashes.....

Man. You are really having some bad luck with this...hopefully a reflash can fix it. I hope one day you can flash on a Mac. That would be lovely.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:16 PM   #137
Registered Member
Regular

So i started the car this morning, and the climate control was exactly the same (as pictured above)....So, with the car still running, i took apart the dash.. AGAIN (I'm becoming exceedingly good at this) - pulled the RR module out and disconnected all the wires. I then plugged only the power wire in (the red, yellow, and black combo plug). I got a single green flash on the module. I then held down the reset button on the rear of the module. It began a series of double red flashes (would flash twice, relax a few seconds, then flash twice again, etc..). I plugged the rest of the wires in, and restarted my Head-Unit. Low and behold the climate controls were back to normal! ....I could control the temperature in the middle, I could increase fan power, etc.... And the left side that read 0.0 degrees with the up and down arrows was gone (empty like the right side). I put the dash back together. Navigated to some screens, played some music, checked out my gauges, etc... Turned off the car...restarted it (rebooting up the Kenwood)...and the Climate controls are back to normal.

12V_Guy, you ever heard of this happening?
Old 01-11-2014, 09:18 AM   #138
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So i started the car this morning, and the climate control was exactly the same (as pictured above)....So, with the car still running, i took apart the dash.. AGAIN (I'm becoming exceedingly good at this) - pulled the RR module out and disconnected all the wires. I then plugged only the power wire in (the red, yellow, and black combo plug). I got a single green flash on the module. I then held down the reset button on the rear of the module. It began a series of double red flashes (would flash twice, relax a few seconds, then flash twice again, etc..). I plugged the rest of the wires in, and restarted my Head-Unit. Low and behold the climate controls were back to normal! ....I could control the temperature in the middle, I could increase fan power, etc.... And the left side that read 0.0 degrees with the up and down arrows was gone (empty like the right side). I put the dash back together. Navigated to some screens, played some music, checked out my gauges, etc... Turned off the car...restarted it (rebooting up the Kenwood)...and the Climate controls are back to normal.

12V_Guy, you ever heard of this happening?
Hi,

Sorry was at the CES show in Vegas and did not have ability to post from there. This screen is the Auto Climate Single Zone. You do not have to take anything apart or flash again. Just go into the climate screen, press SETTINGS, and choose MANUAL as the CLIMATE TYPE. Somehow, you must have set it for Single Zone Auto. Once you do this all will be well.

12V Guy
maestro.idatalink.com
Old 01-11-2014, 06:16 PM   #139
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hi,

Sorry was at the CES show in Vegas and did not have ability to post from there. This screen is the Auto Climate Single Zone. You do not have to take anything apart or flash again. Just go into the climate screen, press SETTINGS, and choose MANUAL as the CLIMATE TYPE. Somehow, you must have set it for Single Zone Auto. Once you do this all will be well.

12V Guy
Do we have any updates yet on getting the dash kit's button lights to match the OEM lights? Will this issue ever be resolved?
inthemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:36 AM   #140
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthemix View Post
Do we have any updates yet on getting the dash kit's button lights to match the OEM lights? Will this issue ever be resolved?
We are waiting to receive replacement button bars from China. Will open a new thread and post here once they arrive. So watch for that and make sure you follow instructions there to receive your replacement.

Cheers,
maestro.idatalink.com

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video