After market Head unit - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-21-2013, 02:23 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
After market Head unit

Who out there has a 2010 or newer stang with the base model radio no sync just the am fm aux and single disc head unit I have a 13' v6 with that I really wanted to get the raxiom head unit but they said you need to have sync in order to get that. I want a head unit like that but I don't have sync. if anyone else has gotten a head unit for their stang and they don't have sync I would like to know what you got how much you spent and how do you like it and pictures if you can.
Salc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2013, 11:20 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Anyone?
Old 11-22-2013, 12:16 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Sync is a requirement for the Raxiom unit.

Anything that does not require sync should work with the right installation kit.
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2013, 12:17 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six7One View Post
Sync is a requirement for the Raxiom unit. Anything that does not require sync should work with the right installation kit.
I know it's required I said that already I just want to know what other people without sync have done and how they like it
Old 11-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Bump. I'm interested and have 2012 also with no sync haha
moto113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:24 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I plan on buying from crutchfield during thanksgiving weekend (assuming they have deals) for a head unit, scosche instrument panel + touchscreen, and the adapter(s) for keeping the wheel controls.
mkashew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:39 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I've got the maestro mus1 (dashkit) and the maestro rr (for retaining steering wheel controls - programmable) with a kenwood dnn770hd. The mus1 only works with certain kenwood units as the climate controls are removed and moved into a screen on the radio. It also display gauges (RPM, MPH, battery voltage, tire pressure, etc).

IMHO nothing else compares and you don't need sync. Here is my install.

How I like it. I love it! The kenwood does take a long time to boot up so that is annoying. It is somewhat sluggish between screens (this isn't long enough to bug me but it does others).

On the cost front I did the install myself and spent $1100 on the dash kit, control unit and the head unit. I posted the link to my purchase here.
timle8n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:52 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by timle8n1 View Post
I've got the maestro mus1 (dashkit) and the maestro rr (for retaining steering wheel controls - programmable) with a kenwood dnn770hd. The mus1 only works with certain kenwood units as the climate controls are removed and moved into a screen on the radio. It also display gauges (RPM, MPH, battery voltage, tire pressure, etc). IMHO nothing else compares and you don't need sync. Here is my install. How I like it. I love it! The kenwood does take a long time to boot up so that is annoying. It is somewhat sluggish between screens (this isn't long enough to bug me but it does others). On the cost front I did the install myself and spent $1100 on the dash kit, control unit and the head unit. I posted the link to my purchase here.
And you bought it all for $1100 and put it in yourself and everything was from crutchfield
Old 11-26-2013, 03:08 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I stated that I installed it myself to help in cost comparison as I don't know what install would cost. And none of it came from crutchfield.
timle8n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I stated that I installed it myself to help in cost comparison as I don't know what install would cost. And none of it came from crutchfield.
Oh you got this through sound of tri state I live right up the street from them
Old 12-05-2013, 04:33 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
I did the same as Tim. MUS1 Dash kit, Kenwood DNX570HD, MaestroRR control module. I love it as well and nothing else compares. Not to mention that simply swapping out the OEM stereo to an aftermarket one makes it sound like a completely new system. I got all my gear from Crutchfield except the MUS1 kit because I bought everything else before the dash kit was available. I recently sold my Metra dash kit and picked up the MUS1. Great setup!...and yes it will work without SYNC.
2010 Black GT. Appearance mods only so far. SS center fog grille, DG Customs side and window scoops, SLP Loudmouth axle backs, Roush center console button, Roush white shift knob and boot, ADS/Maestro RR dash kit w/ Kenwood NAV setup to retain SYNC.

NOTE: OEM grille, mufflers, and 401A shift knob w/boot are for sale if interested. PM me an offer.
Double J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:33 AM   #12

Region: Texas
Quote:
I've got the maestro mus1 (dashkit) and the maestro rr (for retaining steering wheel controls - programmable) with a kenwood dnn770hd. The mus1 only works with certain kenwood units as the climate controls are removed and moved into a screen on the radio. It also display gauges (RPM, MPH, battery voltage, tire pressure, etc). IMHO nothing else compares and you don't need sync. Here is my install. How I like it. I love it! The kenwood does take a long time to boot up so that is annoying. It is somewhat sluggish between screens (this isn't long enough to bug me but it does others). On the cost front I did the install myself and spent $1100 on the dash kit, control unit and the head unit. I posted the link to my purchase here.
Do you think this will fit into a 2014 v6?
Mustangriding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:35 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangriding View Post
Do you think this will fit into a 2014 v6?
2011-2014 radios are all the same so yea i

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video