Am I the only one with bass? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-16-2013, 12:00 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Bales View Post
I learned you can't record bass lol. Sounds like crap when recorded, you just need to find somebody with some subs and listen to them! Maybe go to an audio store they might have some hooked up

Hahah. Yeahh. It just sounds bad every time. Thanks for trying though!
Capn__Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2013, 05:25 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
We stumbled on a really easy way to give a stock POS radio a lot of thump. In my son's '65 we have a really nice system with a 4 way amp for the fronts and rears and a Mono Sub amp that drive two 12" subs in a custom box we built. It took a lot of work but the sound is awesome. For the '13 base system, we just wanted to give it a upgrade without taking up the whole trunk and not wanting to spend all that much. I bought 4 - Alpine Type R 6x8 off of ebay for $130. On Craigslist, a Kicker Bass Station was listed as almost new and is a powered sub box. Only a 200w amp w/ dual 12" Kicker subs for $150 obo. I called and offered $125 and he said fine. I picked it up and it was like new with the power cords and everything. We didnt expect much. It has a wiring harness that allowed us to just splice into the rear speaker source. Changed all four speakers, door & deck to the Alpines and spliced in the amp inputs to the rear speaker leads. Ran the ground to a perfect close location, tapped the switch power to the blue wire that goes into the antenna. Ran the power under the back seat, tucked it up under the passenger sill with out even removing it. Ran it out the rubber grommet that goes into the passenger tire well and up to the battery. Took us an hour and half and we did EVERYTHING. Now the big surprise. We thought it would be modest at best. With the gain on the subs at just over half way, it will rattle the car loose. It hits almost as hard as the stereo that we spent 5X more on in the 65! The Kicker box fits best upside down in the front of the trunk and it takes up hardly ANY room. Unbelievable how hard this thing hits. If someone wants a FAST easy way to get a LOT out of the base POS stereo, this is the way to go.
Here are some pics

The '65 Restomod:

Look what bass does to your brain......
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:26 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I installed some 12"s in my car didn't need something crazy but after my mods hearing the engine/exhaust is so much better Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1387657614.537512.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	142480
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2013, 10:46 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Nos-->
That is awesome looking cap. Question is with a 12v shot does it hit harder? LOL
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:17 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I got 2 10" JL audio's and and a 1500 watt insignia amp. If ur rear view mirror falls off. That's when u know u got enough bass lol
ProudSixxer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:46 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
I installed some 12"s in my car didn't need something crazy but after my mods hearing the engine/exhaust is so much better Attachment 142480
Is that a dvd player? Jk
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:14 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Have a 10 inch Kicker Solarbaric 2 ohm L7 had some piece of **** 1500 watt audiofonics amp to it and after a day or 2 my speaker killed the amp ha it would cut off like every 15 mins or so I ended up hooking up a 250 JL Audio amp I had to it and it hit harder then the supposedly 1500 watt amp did haha and it's not even all the way up^.^ Brand makes a difference

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Brandonb2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 09:58 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

I had this JL 12W6 in my 11 GT, sounded great. But I think this time in my new 14 GT500, I will put in a JL 10W7. I do like the 10's better.

OrganDonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 12:43 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Nice box did u make it

Brandonb2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:37 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonb2012 View Post
Nice box did u make it

I wish I had skills like that, but I have to admit I paid the stereo shop for the entire install, even building the box.

OrganDonor is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video