Nav System for 11+ v6 ? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-16-2013, 08:51 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Nj
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 74
Nav System for 11+ v6 ?

I am looking to purchase and aftermarket navigation system for my car. I was looking into pioneer. What model would fit? Im clueless when it comes to this sort of thing
Njd92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-16-2013, 10:22 PM   #2
Registered User
Newbie
 
StewartL1189's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Phoenix
Region: Arizona
Posts: 16
Check out the Raxiom OE navigation system from American Muscle. Sure it's expensive, but it comes with a backup camera and places the GPS up top where it belongs, where others place it down low.
StewartL1189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:23 PM   #3
Registered User
Newbie
 
StewartL1189's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Phoenix
Region: Arizona
Posts: 16
That, and it's fricken sexyClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1387254199.692576.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	141887
StewartL1189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-17-2013, 03:09 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
EastTNMustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Knoxville
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 428
Nav System for 11+ v6 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njd92 View Post
I am looking to purchase and aftermarket navigation system for my car. I was looking into pioneer. What model would fit? Im clueless when it comes to this sort of thing

Or look at the idatalink Maestro kit...upgrade your radio at the same time, but expect the kit and components to cost twice as much as the Raxiom.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1387314554.981371.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	221.5 KB
ID:	141979Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1387314571.786262.jpg
Views:	723
Size:	228.5 KB
ID:	141980Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1387314593.466319.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	207.8 KB
ID:	141981
EastTNMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:28 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
timle8n1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: St Augustine
Region: Florida
Posts: 57
The Raxiom requires sync, plus doesn't it just use the factory radio? Not really an upgrade on the radio front.

I've got the Maestro MUS1 and RR which is a great solution but somewhat pricey. I paid $1100 for my system with Radio, MUS, and RR. I have pictures in my profile. It also only works with Kenwood currently

Other options are Metra or Scosche dash kits.

Regardless of the direction you go, if you remove the radio and replace with aftermarket you have to deal with the climate controls as the factory radio handles that. The Maestro, Metra, Scosche kits make this easy.
timle8n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:50 AM   #6
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njd92 View Post
I am looking to purchase and aftermarket navigation system for my car. I was looking into pioneer. What model would fit? Im clueless when it comes to this sort of thing
I would take a look at the Raxiom Navigation! It's definitely the best bang for your buck when it comes to an aftermarket navigation system. You not only get a 7" touch screen navigation system but it includes a GPS and back up Camera! I have this on my personal 2011 GT and I couldn't be happier with it. Fit, Finish and Function is all there! Install took less than an hour and a half, it's all plug and play.

This is only for SYNC cars so if your Mustang doesn't have SYNC you won't be able to use it at this time! However, we're working with the manufacturer to see if there's an option for Mustang owners without SYNC.

We're unfortunately out of stock on them at the moment. But we're working hard internally to get them back in stock as soon as possible! They should be back in stock and ready to ship by the end of January. I'll definitely keep you updated! If you're interested in the kit and want to order it, you can put yourself on the "Notify me when back in stock" list on the product page and we'll hit you up the second they get in stock!

Hope this helps!

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:32 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by timle8n1 View Post
The Raxiom requires sync, plus doesn't it just use the factory radio? Not really an upgrade on the radio front.

I've got the Maestro MUS1 and RR which is a great solution but somewhat pricey. I paid $1100 for my system with Radio, MUS, and RR. I have pictures in my profile. It also only works with Kenwood currently

Other options are Metra or Scosche dash kits.

Regardless of the direction you go, if you remove the radio and replace with aftermarket you have to deal with the climate controls as the factory radio handles that. The Maestro, Metra, Scosche kits make this easy.
The Raxion is not really an upgrade Imo either, it uses the OEM stereo and is basically just a GPS with a faceplate, something my phone is capable of. Sure you paid $1100 for your set up but Imo well worth it as you actually made an upgrade on the slightly above crap OEM stereo. This is the route that I will also take when I decide to upgrade.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 10:03 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
LUDAKRS526's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Uniondale
Region: New York
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
The Raxion is not really an upgrade Imo either, it uses the OEM stereo and is basically just a GPS with a faceplate, something my phone is capable of. Sure you paid $1100 for your set up but Imo well worth it as you actually made an upgrade on the slightly above crap OEM stereo. This is the route that I will also take when I decide to upgrade.

I agree. I went with the Mus1 and RR


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
LUDAKRS526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



06:17 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.