Help me? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-20-2013, 07:54 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Help me?

Okay so I have a 13 Mustang I installed an amp and sub using a LOC installed to the rear 2 speakers was working good but now I changed amps and my car will stay running for a minute or so after I pull the key out of the ignition...what do yall think?
Brandonb2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2013, 03:43 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
The engine keeps running or the stereo?
S281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

The engine and it usually last from 15-60 secs all the hazards will go off and on say advance trac failure lol scared **** out of me the first time but I'm used to it now but it only does it when I have my speakers up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2013, 11:26 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Wow, I got nothin
08shelbyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 01:37 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for looking though, I figured it out there was still like power in my amp keeping my car on somehow cuz one day I tried to start my car for work and nothing thought the battery was dead but before going through the trouble of jumping it I thought about disconnecting the remote wire and it turned right on then I tried to turn the car off with it and and stayed on as soon as I disconnected it turned off so I knew it had to do with the remote wire which I had running to the fuse box to the fuse labeled CAMERA which my car doesn't even have but apparently stays on so now I tapped into the antenna (which comes on and off with radio) wire works perfect now! But every now n then it lets out a loud buzz from my speakers after the radio is turned off, which means either my ground isn't good enough or my Gain on my LOC is to high or I need to put a switch because the radio doesn't turn off till the door is open and the car turned off after so the power stays in the amp still but not constant power just whatever is leftover

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 12-28-2013, 05:51 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Then I assume if it is power left over then the buzz you her when power to ignition is cut off slowly gets quieter since the radio has power up to 20 minutes (could be less) or when the door opens which ever happens first.
I never knew the fuse box had a camera slot. Sounds like ford uses a universal fuse box. I'm sorry I don't have much knowledge in the radio dept. honestly when I'm in my shelby the sound of the car is kinda my tunes since I don't drive it much. I will check back to see what info you may get.

---------- Post added at 06:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 AM ----------

Is a camera even an option ? Lol
08shelbyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 09:23 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

It only last a couple of seconds I need to run a switch to turn the amp of before the engine I was thinking hooking it to my fog lights

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

And I haven't seen one with one that wasnt aftermarket

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video