speaker advice - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-01-2014, 06:03 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
speaker advice

Im looking to replace the door speaker on my base 13' gt. Will it make a huge difference? Due to lack of knowlege i would like to keep it simple and just buy the door speaker, plug them in and play.
winkawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2014, 08:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
My 14' Stang's speakers were 5x8 and replaced then with Rockford fosgate 1 series. You shoul consider putting in the 8" round speakers if you don't mind looking at speaker grilles. Those will make a huge difference in sound .
HPFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:41 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

im thinking about getting the door speakers first, whats the maxium wattage for speaker with base head unit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2014, 08:42 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I think the base radio is 45watts max. But if you have the shaker system then idk. :/
Old 01-01-2014, 10:57 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

so after research abit, i have decided to go with Pioneer TS-A874M
Pioneer TS-A874M 5"x7"/6"x8" 3-way car speakers at Crutchfield.com
Old 01-02-2014, 01:39 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkawak View Post

Let me know how it sounds once installed. I too am looking at upgrading but have no IDE what to get

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPFury View Post
My 14' Stang's speakers were 5x8 and replaced then with Rockford fosgate 1 series. You shoul consider putting in the 8" round speakers if you don't mind looking at speaker grilles. Those will make a huge difference in sound .

HP do you have pics of what it looks like with the 8" speakers. I am looking at upgrading my sound but have no idea were to start
Apas717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:46 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Make sure u buy speaker adapters if u don't want to cut the existing wires. Amazon carries them cheap. Also get a good set of tools to remove the door panels w/out scratching ur doors.

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apas717 View Post
Let me know how it sounds once installed. I too am looking at upgrading but have no IDE what to get

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

HP do you have pics of what it looks like with the 8" speakers. I am looking at upgrading my sound but have no idea were to start

IMHO they maybe too big but u can go with a smaller setup and get the look of the Shaker 1000. The bigger speakers give u more bass. But I opted for Rockford fosgate 5x7 and two 10" subs in the trunk. It sounds amazing...I did replace all four speakers and installed a 3000 watt amp though. :-p
Old 01-02-2014, 03:17 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

It should be here 3-4 from today, ill do a quick review when its installed. Any aftermarket speakers will be better than base model speakers, go on crutchfield and fill in your car theyll give you a good list of choice to choose from.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:26 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

My 13 came with components is the door. I think it was like a 5 inch and a 1 inch tweeter. Something along those lines. To instal 6x9s I needed to buy the 2010 adapters from Tousley Ford. They were like $12 each
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:22 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

got the speakers yesterday, havent had time to install + its 40 degrees outside.........
maybe tomorrow lol
Old 01-11-2014, 05:36 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I was able to install one side today after getting home from work lol ran out of day light. This $50 upgrade is not bad, i wasnt blown away but it did sound much cleaner than stock. I switch audio between left and the right side and its definitly noticeable. Sound quality overall is clearer and more crisp now compared to the muddy stock speakers. After i installed the driver side i will test to see if i still get headachs from listening more than an hour like i do with stock.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:42 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I was able to install one side today after getting home from work lol ran out of day light. This $50 upgrade is not bad, i wasnt blown away but it did sound much cleaner than stock. I switch audio between left and the right side and its definitly noticeable. Sound quality overall is clearer and more crisp now compared to the muddy stock speakers. After i installed the driver side i will test to see if i still get headachs from listening more than an hour like i do with stock.

Add a four channel amp and it will be night and day. Make sure you upgrade the ones in the back if you do or you'll blow them with >25watts.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:20 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPFury View Post
Add a four channel amp and it will be night and day. Make sure you upgrade the ones in the back if you do or you'll blow them with >25watts.
what amp do you recommend? easy to install?
Old 01-14-2014, 10:34 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Small footprint is good...depends on your budget (sky's the limit). I would get one that has a built in crossover that you can adjust.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:36 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
what amp do you recommend? easy to install?

On ease of install... No it is very difficult. Go to a stereo shop and save yourself a lot of work. I would recommend you getting satellite tweeters to get 'sound stage' effect. Good luck.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video