2004 Mach Audio Sound System Problem - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-03-2014, 01:40 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
2004 Mach Audio Sound System Problem

Hey ladies & gents. I seem to have a problem on the new Gt I picked up recently. I knew the radio didn't work correctly. The on/off + volume know on the stereo doesn't really affect the volume. Occasionally it will lower the volume, otherwise it will also skyrocket the volume.

Is there a way to temporarily fix this issue until I put a new head unit in? or am I stuck not using the radio for a little while?

If this has happened to you before, how did you overcome this issue? Thank you
richg93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2014, 02:47 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Common issue with the ford radios . The 6 disk cd changers also like to break. No fix I know of other than to replace it.
Tec_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:36 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tec_ View Post
Common issue with the ford radios . The 6 disk cd changers also like to break. No fix I know of other than to replace it.
Ahh alright. I wish there was a way to fix it. thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2014, 07:00 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by richg93 View Post
Ahh alright. I wish there was a way to fix it. thanks

You could hit the junk yard, Craigslist, or eBay and see if some one has a factory unit they are getting rid of on the cheap.
Tec_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:17 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tec_ View Post
You could hit the junk yard, Craigslist, or eBay and see if some one has a factory unit they are getting rid of on the cheap.
didn't even think of that, thanks
Old 01-05-2014, 02:24 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

so I figured out if I use the volume knob incredibly slow, it will work like it was brand new!! hahah which sucks

Old 01-07-2014, 10:45 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
That's a in problem with most ford vehicles. My dads explorer does the same thing. Don't go to a junk yard or eBay and he a used one. Just wait till you install a new head until. Factory head units are worthless. No USB hen it isn't worth having lol
Old 01-07-2014, 12:35 PM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
FYI if you have a Mach system you can't just put a HU in, it won't work with the Mach amps and all the other stuff. You either get a new/used Mach headunit or you will have some wiring on your hands.

One reason I always try to get a Mustang without the Mach system.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:38 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
FYI if you have a Mach system you can't just put a HU in, it won't work with the Mach amps and all the other stuff. You either get a new/used Mach headunit or you will have some wiring on your hands.

One reason I always try to get a Mustang without the Mach system.
what kind of wiring are we talking about? I'm not too bad at it. can I make the mach amps work with it?

Old 01-07-2014, 12:47 PM   #10
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Best bet is to get a HU and just run new wires to the speakers. A big thick zip tie and some grease will get the wires through the factory rubber boots in the door. Then just wire it in to the headunit's plug like normal and good to go. Trash all the Mach ****. Your stuff will sound better running off the HU amp. Also a good time to get some new speakers. Even a basic set of Pioneer or Kenwood 6x8 2 ways will sound much better.

As far as running the wires to the back of the car, you can proably use the factory wiring and just bug into it. Although pulling a sill plate and pulling the carpet back a little and running the wiring under there takes all of 15 minutes...
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:15 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Best bet is to get a HU and just run new wires to the speakers. A big thick zip tie and some grease will get the wires through the factory rubber boots in the door. Then just wire it in to the headunit's plug like normal and good to go. Trash all the Mach ****. Your stuff will sound better running off the HU amp. Also a good time to get some new speakers. Even a basic set of Pioneer or Kenwood 6x8 2 ways will sound much better.

As far as running the wires to the back of the car, you can proably use the factory wiring and just bug into it. Although pulling a sill plate and pulling the carpet back a little and running the wiring under there takes all of 15 minutes...
yeah I'm not too worries about wiring through the car. I do have 2 brand new 6x8 kicker speakers (so I'd keep 2 of the mach speakers) & 2 new 10" enclosed subs sitting here, so I could wire in those after installing the head unit.

thanks for the heads up tho. any more suggestions?
Old 01-08-2014, 04:36 PM   #12

Region: Washington
I have a head unit I just removed, Mach 460 works perfectly except the 6 disc changer is finicky.. If you are interested I could sell it really cheap as we don't need it. It works great with an FM transmitter, (Amazon.com: Supersonic-IQ-207-Wireless FM Transmitter With1.4 Inches Display-USB and SD Card-SD/MMC card, USB Flash-Plays MP3/WMA: MP3 Players & Accessories) which was amazing. The only reason I changed it was my girlfriend wanted a bluetooth touchscreen unit. Shoot me a message if you're interested, otherwise gonna sell it on Craigslist.
rewind206 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video