Seeking suggestions on audio upgrade - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-07-2014, 11:21 PM   #1

Seeking suggestions on audio upgrade

I recently got my 2013 V6 convertible and have been getting ridiculous quotes on a simple audio upgrade. My sound simply sucks especially with the top down. Please, please, give me some suggestions in improving my sound. I just want to keep my factory radio, my speakers to be louder with some base. I'm being told there is not a subwoofer box that would fit and I can still have trunk space but there's got to be something. Then I'm told the installation would be expensive because it's difficult with the type of car I have. I love my mustang but this is the first car I've ever had an issue getting an audio upgrade.
Silverbullet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2014, 10:24 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
I posted in your other thread but I'll put some stuff together hear.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...-KTP-445U.html
$139.95
This will get you louder cleaner sound. We put them in jeeps and convertibles all the time at the shop I work at.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...ker-11HS8.html
$299.95
Kicker hide away that won't take up much space could even go under a seat if you have the space and will fill in the missing low end. A powered enclosure isn't going to rattle any thing but it's going to fill in that missing low end.

So that's $439 + install that should be around $200 and that puts you in the $639 range.
Tec_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2014, 12:13 PM   #3

Ok got it! Thanks a lot for your suggestions. Taking a drive and listening to music is my stress reliever, I just want really be able to enjoy it.
Silverbullet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:41 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Deerslayer...thanks...I'm definitely gonna check on that. That seem too easy..I'm pretty sure I can find someone to do that for me.
SB2,
It IS that easy. We just kind of fell into this and cant believe how good it sounds. We were going to go the route of buying the RCA splitter to attach to the back of the head unit, run RCA cables to an amp and then to a sub etc etc. The cost was going to be up there. I was looking for subs on craigslist and found that Kicker Dual 12" Bass Station and it was like brand new. I actually got it for $125. I talked to an installer about where to feed and he told me just to splice into the rear deck speaker wires. WHA LA! Unbelievable how good it sounds. With the right song, you can shake the bolts loose on your car.
We installed the big Bass Station and here is a pic of it in the trunk:

2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 636.49rwhp before Torque Booster added
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:52 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
I hate marketed watts. What matters is the rms wattage. Most new people who get started buy a cheap 500 watt amp and do not understand why, circuitry matters. A lot of cheap amps do not respond at certain frequencys and the sound is below standard. Kicker is one of the better designs. Stillwater knows there stuff.

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video