13' stock head unit - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-08-2014, 12:10 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
13' stock head unit

Is it possible to add a amplifier to it?
winkawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2014, 12:16 PM   #2
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Might depend on the unit...there was a "shaker", and a "shaker pro". The shaker pro I believe had a factory kicker located in the trunk, so this one could be upgraded. The Shaker, I don't believe had any connections for an amplifier.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:19 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Any and all factory radios can be amplified with the use of a line output converter. It drops your high level speaker out put to a low level signal a amp wants to see.
Tec_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2014, 12:25 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

i might drop by this independent audio place where they have 25 years of experience see what they can do about my crappy audio. Got my pioneer speaker on monday but still havent had the chance to install it with all the rain and freezing weather here down in florida. Stock speaker with okay, cant wait to see how much improvemnet will the new speark brings.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:27 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

They will have a cleaner sound better and frequency response than stock. But unless your factory ones were blown I don't think just doing speakers makes a huge difference.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:39 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

hopefully it will improve highway experience, as of right now with road noise and distorted audio, all i hear is crap coming out of the speakers. Im not looking to go all out just better sound compared to stock, if it makes any sense.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:48 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

It will make a little difference but if your not swapping the source it's not going to be a big difference.

http://youtu.be/5iJ5lO3va1Y
Old 01-11-2014, 05:40 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I was able to install one side of my pioneer today after getting home from work lol ran out of day light. This $50 upgrade is not bad, i wasnt blown away but it does sound much cleaner than stock. I switch audio between left and the right side and its definitly noticeable. Sound quality overall is clearer and more crisp now compared to the muddy stock speakers. After i installed the driver side i will test to see if i still get headachs from listening more than an hour like i do with stock. This should do for now, im still looking forward for more improvemnet in the future after i do my suspension/blower(5 year plan).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video