Problem fitting aftermarket pop-out screen stereo into 2002 mustang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-08-2014, 04:25 PM   #1
Region: Washington
Problem fitting aftermarket pop-out screen stereo into 2002 mustang

Started with a Mach 460 head in my girlfriend's 2002 V6 Mustang.

Recently I bought my girlfriend a aftermarket stereo with a pop out touchscreen (single din) and installed it into her mustang. I used the Metra harness and dash kit, and all went well. That is, until we put the bezel trim piece that covers the vents/radio/etc. Now I am about 1/3 inch off from the screen being able to come out, because it catches on the piece of bezel between the vent and radio. (right below the heater knobs.)

My question is, what do you think is the best way to get the clearance I need. I tried finding a custom bezel with no luck. I'm wondering if there is a way to reshape the piece of trim, either filing it down or heating and flattening it.

Also, previously with her stock system, none of the speakers on the right side worked, (front or rear.) Everything was stock. When I installed the new head unit, the same problem existed. I called a local business, they said I'd need new speakers, but I'm hoping someone may be able to shed some light on this because I think it might be a wiring problem, (not at the unit, but from the harness to the factory wires.)

Also, I could possibly try to offset the stereo to jut out a tiny bit, but not sure the best way to do this, while keeping the stereo secure.

I can include pics on Friday when she comes to visit from school, but any help on this or direction to someone in the Seattle, WA area that can help would be so appreciated!

It was my first install and everything worked as far as power and sound. The only other issue was the Dash lights that light her gas gauge, speedometer, etc are now out. But I think I traced that to improperly wiring the orange wires (dimmer wires.)

Thanks in advance!
rewind206 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

2002 mustang