Aftermaket radio - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-24-2014, 11:34 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Aftermaket radio

Hey guys just had a question about rattling after puting in an aftermarket radio, I have an all Polk audio set up running a bi amp set up with currently only one 12 sub waiting to install the second one. My question is I anyone has had problems with the rear speaker housings rattling when they turn up their music, I listen to all kinds of music and it does it with everything, country rap rock, do you guys have a good solution? I'm pushing a lot of power to the speakers so I need something more efficient then just stuffing it with foam, I have not tried the dynomat stuff yet but was gonna use that as kinda a last resort.
TruTalent94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2014, 12:28 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
is this the first time you have a SUB in your car?

rattling is normal with them lol. It gets even worse when you add another sub.

Not really a "problem" but it just comes with the territory.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:41 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Dynomat everything lol
colemaneric is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2014, 10:23 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Well it's my first time with subs in this car yes, but it's not the subs that make the annoying noise it's the rear speakers, I have the base set up to be only on the sub an it still rattles! I guess I'm on a have I go the dynomat route
TruTalent94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:44 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
are you sure it's not your trunk rattling? or if it's the actual rear speakers, maybe they got loose with the vibration and you just have to tighten them.

Only noticeable rattling i've had in cars is the trunk shakes like a mother* lol.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:21 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Best aftermarket radio is an investment in new exhaust system. ..nothing sounds better at WOT!
fbakersc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:42 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
If you can hear the back deck lid where the rear speakers are mounted rattling, then you aren't listening to your music loud enough, lol.

On a serious note, I would disconnect the sub and play the music at the same level and see if the deck lid still rattles. If it does, start dynomatting the area until the rattling stops, starting with under the areas where the metal areas of the speakers touch the deck lid. I installed 6.5" speakers in my deck lid and had to made wood adapter plates to put underneath to make them fit and I don't hear any rattling from my deck lid except when my subs hit certain notes. The trunk is actually very well insulated compared to other cars that I have owned and had subs installed in, so the parts of the car that rattles and annoys me the most is stuff behind the dash as well as the rear view mirror!
Eibach Pro Kit, Dual Flowmaster 40 Series Axle Backs, 18" Milanni ZS-1s, 245/45R18 Falken ZE-950 Tires, Smoked Front Marker Lenses, Limo Tint, Pioneer Double Din, Alpine & Kenwood Speakers, 12" Kicker CVRs, Alpine Amps, AM Paint Matched Side View Mirror Caps, LED bulb conversions everywhere , more to come... need to sell OE wheels/tires and suspension first.
SLCKV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:09 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I'm running flow master for my after market radio, sounds great
Old 02-25-2014, 05:13 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

My Flowmaster 40s are very nice to listen to as well, but I still like to hear my music over my exhaust when I choose to. If my Stang was just a track car, then there would only be a race radio in the cabin, but since this is my daily driver/toy, I'll have my cake and eat it too!
Eibach Pro Kit, Dual Flowmaster 40 Series Axle Backs, 18" Milanni ZS-1s, 245/45R18 Falken ZE-950 Tires, Smoked Front Marker Lenses, Limo Tint, Pioneer Double Din, Alpine & Kenwood Speakers, 12" Kicker CVRs, Alpine Amps, AM Paint Matched Side View Mirror Caps, LED bulb conversions everywhere , more to come... need to sell OE wheels/tires and suspension first.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:40 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I was only kidding lol
Old 02-27-2014, 10:43 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1ex View Post
I was only kidding lol

It's all good bud.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:52 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Not much holds that rear deck in place. The front edge that is behind the seats is secured with four push pins. The rear edge near the window just gets wedged into its home with no fasteners. I would take the time to see if that piece is just vibrating against the metal support underneath. Either way, it seems like dynamat may be the way to go.
JRockDetroit is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video