Mustang V6 base Speaker Upgrade - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-28-2014, 11:51 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Mustang V6 base Speaker Upgrade

I've been digging for info on this site and others, and have learned a lot, but still have a few questions. I own a 2014 v6 base model and like everyone else has said, the speakers suck. I'm not looking to upgrade to something crazy, and would like to keep the stock head unit, but want a little more clarity and bass. Sooo...

How hard would it be, and what would I need, to install these door panels?
2010 2014 Mustang Coyote 5 0 Shelby GT500 Drivers Side Door Panel LH Black | eBay

I would get new speakers for the upper door, and bottom sub speakers. What else would I need? Also, how much would a "pro" charge to do it? I would remove the door panels and stock speakers before I brought it in to save a few bucks on labor.

Thanks
paintmann111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2014, 11:14 AM   #2
Staff

Regular
Staff

I can't imagine it's that hard. I would suggest just swapping out all 4 speakers (it's a diy job) instead. I put in Focals I found in Crutchfields bargin bin. The speakers are better than the head unit. It made a big differance. It ain't a great system but for an afternoons work and $200 was well worth it.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:45 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Did it help the bass at all?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2014, 11:20 AM   #4
Staff

Regular
Staff

Speaker install on 2012 Mustang - pics inside - Ford Mustang Forums

instructions above.

Yes it will help bass but if you like thumping Techno/Dub/Rap you'll need a sub and a head unit capable of powering it. I put in Focals from Crutchfield (bargin bin!) that I was not too impressed with at 1st but once they broke in have a decent sound. If you use Crutchfield there service is great, their prices decent...Google Crutchfield coupon code you can normally find one. I like my music but wasn't will to swap out head unit as it is not a din style so you need to replace the hvac controls so it is several hundred dollars b4 you even get a new head unit. I'm happy with the way I went replacing all 4 speakers with decent ones and keeping the stock head. It ain't great but it's fine (I listen to lots of differant stuff and prefer accurate sound rather than lots of bass) good luck let us know which way you go.
Old 01-30-2014, 01:02 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Im the same, not looking for insane bass, just noticeable bass. Lol. I listen to old school rock and its nice to here the bass as well as the high. I'll probably go with a better quality speaker set up and see how that works first. Would something like infinity work well? I know I'll never be able to use them to there full potential, but the sound is nice.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:03 AM   #6
Staff

Regular
Staff

I've had Infinitys b4 and liked them. I don't remember whether they were the Referance or Kappa series (I had the higher end line) but they were accurate and fairly priced. If you are going to take the old ones out yourself put the new ones in your self...if you pay someone I would guess about 3 hrs of labor and you'll pay more for the speakers. I did all 4 in an afternoon it ain't hard. There are lots of instructions online and Crutchfield will give instruction sheets.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video