Mach 460 issues - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-04-2014, 04:49 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Mach 460 issues

i recently installed new subwoofers into my 02 Mustang. Removed the rear amp rack and installed a pioneer double din. I got a defective subwoofer so i sent it back and just got a new one. I have the system disconnected since the first day due to the faulty sub.

Well i just got a true 4 gauge to replace the crappy 8 gauge that came with the kit.

So i have been listening to the pioneer with just the tweeters and it sounds horrible.
I basically have to turn the volume high to hear anything and if i listen to anything with some decent bass the tweeters crackle, not sure why the tweeters would try and play bass?

Anyways can i use the driver side mach 460 amp to just power the front stock speakers for now? Along with my amp and subs?
I need to save some money to get some full components.
Apex Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2014, 05:19 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
There are 3 amplifiers in the Mach system. The front amp (under the head unit) powers the tweeters, AND, sends the signal to the two rear amps which power the sub woofers on each, respective, side of the car.
So to answer your question, no, I don't think that you should use one of those amps to power the tweeters... if that's what you mean by "stock front speakers".
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:03 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
There are 3 amplifiers in the Mach system. The front amp (under the head unit) powers the tweeters, AND, sends the signal to the two rear amps which power the sub woofers on each, respective, side of the car.
So to answer your question, no, I don't think that you should use one of those amps to power the tweeters... if that's what you mean by "stock front speakers".
I believe only the 00 and down cars had an amp under the headunit. 01+ ford removed it.

I believe i have a plan and the source of my problem. When i put in the headunit i also installed the metra kit to keep my stock system. Which of course is not working because i removed the stock amps.

The plan is to remkoe the rear headrest and take the amps and speakers out of the rack and relocate them to the head rest. There are already pre cuts for them there. Plug em in and install the system and there we go problem solved.
Apex Predator is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video