Better Sound? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-24-2014, 06:45 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Better Sound?

Hey guys couple questions. First is I have a new Pioneer AVH-x1500 head unit and 2 10" Alpine Type R's subs hooked up to a 600w sony xplode. First off it dosent sound that good I'm wondering if it's because the amp is not enough power or which settings I should use for my pioneer. I want to get the most bang out of my subs and should I replace any of the stock speakers?
c_walsh97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2014, 07:24 PM   #2

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_walsh97 View Post
Hey guys couple questions. First is I have a new Pioneer AVH-x1500 head unit and 2 10" Alpine Type R's subs hooked up to a 600w sony xplode. First off it dosent sound that good I'm wondering if it's because the amp is not enough power or which settings I should use for my pioneer. I want to get the most bang out of my subs and should I replace any of the stock speakers?

Not near enough power. Specs and type of box? Set everything to 0 and set the gains properly on your amp too. As in set bass and treble to flat or 0, set the crossover on your radio to flat if there is one, turn your radio up to around 3/4 volume or just below distortion and slow turn your gain up on your amp until the subs distort then back the gain off a bit. This allows max volume without distortion. Don't use bass boost without repeating above steps. Alpines like closer to 600 a piece but you can give them less as long as you don't play them while they are distorting.
Spdy1969 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video