iPad Mini Dash Mount (2010-2014) - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-13-2015, 01:10 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
How does the ipad connect to the stock stereo to use the radio stations, sirius, aux and such? I assumed downloading apps and just using sync for bluetooth but I wanted to understand better. I like the concept that guy is figuring up, kudos to him for putting his time in making them and if he is still reading these then buddy you should get the patent on this specific fabrication so you can claim your money when people start copying it. But anyways, have you guys seen the varying covers on carid, etc., for changing the stock stereo, one of those might be a good alternative.
Coyote2820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2015, 01:42 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

I think it's a great idea. The stock builtin nav touch screen feels sluggish in my opinion, and is not able to be upgraded.

If you were using your own tablet, you would have complete control over this. You would have access to google maps for nav, you could still stream all your music over bluetooth... I think the only challenge might be interfacing with the climate control via touch screen.
k1DBLITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 11:22 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
$450? No thanks, just for a plastic holder which has about $3 in plastic probably? I understand the need to run a sustainable business, but that is robbery.
abram2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2015, 10:26 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
^ a $200-250 Dr Dre Beats headphone costs merely $14 to manufacture. Talk about profits, and looting hard earned dollars.
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 10:31 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

They could be gouging... or trying to recoup money too quickly for their expenses.

The most expensive part in manufacturing plastics from my understanding is having the mold created. Along side of that, to get your cost down you have to order in bulk.

It's a tricky situation... Do you order 10k units to get your unit price down to $250 retail? What if you can't sell 10k units? Now you're probably bankrupt...

Likewise, what if you only order 200 units? Now your retail price has to be much higher... which in turn makes it less likely to sell...

Catch 22...
k1DBLITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 11:05 AM   #41
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I'd gladly pay the price if I could get a response from the company...

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 12:17 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1DBLITZ View Post
They could be gouging... or trying to recoup money too quickly for their expenses.

The most expensive part in manufacturing plastics from my understanding is having the mold created. Along side of that, to get your cost down you have to order in bulk.

It's a tricky situation... Do you order 10k units to get your unit price down to $250 retail? What if you can't sell 10k units? Now you're probably bankrupt...

Likewise, what if you only order 200 units? Now your retail price has to be much higher... which in turn makes it less likely to sell...

Catch 22...
I spoke to these guys last year when they had recently launched this product. He said they do their own manufacturing, and that the price wont be coming down anytime soon. It was $380 at that time.
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 12:26 PM   #43

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote2820 View Post
How does the ipad connect to the stock stereo to use the radio stations, sirius, aux and such? I assumed downloading apps and just using sync for bluetooth but I wanted to understand better. I like the concept that guy is figuring up, kudos to him for putting his time in making them and if he is still reading these then buddy you should get the patent on this specific fabrication so you can claim your money when people start copying it. But anyways, have you guys seen the varying covers on carid, etc., for changing the stock stereo, one of those might be a good alternative.
I bought the one off of EFlowers100 and I think it is my favorite mod. It connects through sync. The only issue is I cant have my phone and iPad connected at the same time. Everyone that sees it thinks it is OEM, I went to a car audio place to have an Audio Control DQ-61 installed with an Amp and Sub. They were blown away with it after they came to me asking how to remove it because they couldn't find information in their tech spec stuff on it. The cost of an after market internet / nav unit and bezel is way more than the cost of an iPad mini and this mount. and when I sell the car; I just connect the speed wire coming from the dash and to the dash together in the middle (to feed speakers with sound, as I have amp and DQ-61 mounted to rear seat.) and replace factory speakers. Simple no modification needed.
ReSQMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:29 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

anyone have one for sale?
Alabama5OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:45 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Do they have a step by step install video? I'd love to see how it's done.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 11:11 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I like it, but I think it's too much. Especially since you can't charge it while it's there.
OBEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 12:57 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine8d View Post
So I think this is pretty awesome. I got one on order but it's a 2 month wait...
Ipad Dock for 2013 For Mustang -
Attachment 153279Attachment 153280Attachment 153281
So did you ever get the product?

Old 08-15-2015, 03:43 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1439671346.183776.jpg
Views:	878
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	189402

My solution. I also have a Kinovo BTC450 that connects to the iPad and plugs through auxiliary. I did this to be able to have my phone connected through sync to answer calls through the car.
Old 08-18-2015, 12:44 PM   #49

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama5OH View Post
Attachment 189402

My solution. I also have a Kinovo BTC450 that connects to the iPad and plugs through auxiliary. I did this to be able to have my phone connected through sync to answer calls through the car.

Did you built that iPad Mount yourself?
realkrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 12:46 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Strider View Post
So did you ever get the product?

If you're planning on ordering it, I emailed them regarding ordering one too and they emailed me back saying that it was no longer made
Old 08-18-2015, 04:44 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkrs View Post
Did you built that iPad Mount yourself?

No, but it's very simple and I did help build it. Sadly, I don't remember the exact name but it's made of the grey, hard, plasticy type stuff that's in a lot of boat or marine parts (yes I know that's vague and I'm sorry). After that, it's a thin piece of wood, foam, then the vinyl. The marine type stuff had to obviously be shaved and what not, as it functions exactly the same as the "real" injected molding plastic one. I can take just the iPad out, or the whole thing, with the stock radio still behind. I love it and it's given me no problems other than when I do a pull the iPad comes out lolClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1439934236.156504.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	189649
Old 08-18-2015, 05:30 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I like the idea but way expensive! I have this kit that Saleen put in it is pretty slick and has the backup camera and connects to my phone for hands free calls, just if I could hear them over the exhaust!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (4).JPG
Views:	172
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	189650   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (7).JPG
Views:	151
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	189651  

Jbone007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 06:44 PM   #53

Quote:
No, but it's very simple and I did help build it. Sadly, I don't remember the exact name but it's made of the grey, hard, plasticy type stuff that's in a lot of boat or marine parts (yes I know that's vague and I'm sorry). After that, it's a thin piece of wood, foam, then the vinyl. The marine type stuff had to obviously be shaved and what not, as it functions exactly the same as the "real" injected molding plastic one. I can take just the iPad out, or the whole thing, with the stock radio still behind. I love it and it's given me no problems other than when I do a pull the iPad comes out lolAttachment 189649
Nicely done!

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbone007 View Post
I like the idea but way expensive! I have this kit that Saleen put in it is pretty slick and has the backup camera and connects to my phone for hands free calls, just if I could hear them over the exhaust!
How much did that cost you?
Old 08-19-2015, 12:11 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Nicely done!

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

How much did that cost you?
Came with the car, it was part of the Saleen package!
Jbone007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 11:33 AM   #55

I found those guys in FL who sale the Ipad Mini Kit for the Mustang for only $139.99 right now. I just ordered mine.
10-14 Ford Mustang iPad Mini Dash Kit - AudioDesigns CG Store
Old 09-16-2015, 05:48 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Hmm that looks good. Let us know how it turns out.

Old 10-02-2015, 08:06 PM   #57
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
I found those guys in FL who sale the Ipad Mini Kit for the Mustang for only $139.99 right now. I just ordered mine.
10-14 Ford Mustang iPad Mini Dash Kit - AudioDesigns CG Store
How did that turn out? They more than doubled the price if that's what you go it for.... It's on sale right now... $289 is way to expensive for a mount...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Premium-Ford...d64ab2&vxp=mtr
Old 10-02-2015, 08:19 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanator View Post
How did that turn out? They more than doubled the price if that's what you go it for.... It's on sale right now... $289 is way to expensive for a mount...
The price changed because they ended last month's sale. It's still on sale. I think $289 is a steal considering that it doesn't require any modifications. I didn't receive mine yet cause I changed my mind at the last second when Apple released the new iPad Mini 4 (size difference). So they actually made me one for my Mini 4. It's in the mail as we speak so I'll post pictures here next week when I get it
Old 10-02-2015, 08:27 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The price changed because they ended last month's sale. It's still on sale. I think $289 is a steal considering that it doesn't require any modifications. I didn't receive mine yet cause I changed my mind at the last second when Apple released the new iPad Mini 4 (size difference). So they actually made me one for my Mini 4. It's in the mail as we speak so I'll post pictures here next week when I get it
Still not worth it. I'd rather get a system that requires modifications. These people are just trying to price goug. I'll pass.

Old 10-03-2015, 10:36 AM   #60
Supporter

I'd rather put that money towards new injectors or a tune at the end of the day... I thought it was already setup for the mini 4, too many dang iPads now.
It is literally a mount with magnets, that is it. Don't get me wrong, it's great if you already have a mini iPad but factor that $400+ (can't get the 16GB and might as well get the LTE model so your at about $700+ which at that point a case is required so make it $750ish) then add in the non charging mount its $1,000+ easy. If they lower the price below $200 I'll consider it but after $1K you might as well get something that is actually in the car....

However, If you don't like yours and would like to get rid of it let me know!!!
Old 11-01-2015, 12:30 AM   #61
Supporter

Seems I lied... I bought a mount, $280 something... Now to buy that iPad mini 4... I'll try to sucker work into buying me one... Lol
Old 11-01-2015, 01:07 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Seems I lied... I bought a mount, $280 something... Now to buy that iPad mini 4... I'll try to sucker work into buying me one... Lol

post a pic of the mount
Old 11-01-2015, 08:03 AM   #63
Supporter

Quote:
post a pic of the mount

I will, still waiting on it. I asked when it would be here but I got a generic answer... I don't think they have started making them for the iPad mini 4 yet so probably waiting on that. Hopefully next week. Going to test it out with a one to make sure it fits so I don't get screwed. Wish they would make one for the iPhone 6s Plus so I could just upgrade my phone.
Old 11-01-2015, 11:33 AM   #64

Quote:
Haha.. You're gonna love it. I can't imagine driving without my iPad now. It makes any other Radio/GPS Touch screen system obsolete. So much you can do with an iPad. Also the screen for iPad mini 4 is amazing. Apple really did an amazing job at getting read of the glare.
Old 11-01-2015, 11:40 AM   #65

Old 11-01-2015, 11:42 AM   #66

Quote:
I will, still waiting on it. I asked when it would be here but I got a generic answer... I don't think they have started making them for the iPad mini 4 yet so probably waiting on that. Hopefully next week. Going to test it out with a one to make sure it fits so I don't get screwed. Wish they would make one for the iPhone 6s Plus so I could just upgrade my phone.
Yes they have it. The pic I uploaded is the 4.
Old 11-01-2015, 01:54 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Is that an ipad-size screen or a real ipad??
weiyuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 02:42 PM   #68
Supporter

Quote:
Yes they have it. The pic I uploaded is the 4.
I got mine from: 10-14 Ford Mustang iPad Mini/Nexus 7 Dash Kit - AudioDesigns CG Store

I will email them Tuesday to see what the status is. I have a feeling that I will get bored with it over time. Only feature I will really use is the GPS when I am headed out of town, Music will come in handy as well. If traffic gets bad enough I'll just turn on a movie... Can't leave the iPad mini in the car over warm months either, that will kill the thing. Ask how I know....

Quote:
Originally Posted by weiyuhan View Post
Is that an ipad-size screen or a real ipad??
It's a real iPad mini that goes in there. They have a Nexus 7 kit as well.
Old 11-01-2015, 03:00 PM   #69

[QUOTE=Spartanator;2308093]Who did you buy your mount from? I got mine from: 10-14 Ford Mustang iPad Mini/Nexus 7 Dash Kit - AudioDesigns CG Store

I will email them Tuesday to see what the status is. I have a feeling that I will get bored with it over time. Only feature I will really use is the GPS when I am headed out of town, Music will come in handy as well. If traffic gets bad enough I'll just turn on a movie... Can't leave the iPad mini in the car over warm months either, that will kill the thing. Ask how I know....

I too bought mine from AudioDesigns. I know they got a tonne or orders following the release of the iPad Mini 4. They usually ship beginning of the week, so you should be getting yours soon..
As for the hot days, personally I leave mine in the car (Las Vegas here) and so far, it's fine..
And I don't think you'll get bored with an iPad in your car knowing all the things it can do compared to a regular car radio..
Old 11-01-2015, 03:18 PM   #70
Supporter

Would be super cool if they made them for the iPhone 6s/6s plus.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video