Sub Install - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-16-2014, 08:52 AM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Virginia
Sub Install

I know the topic of installing subs has come up a multitude of times. I've done a search and found some good info here and there, but I haven't quite found the info I'm looking for. So here it goes:

A couple of years ago, I pulled the Mach 460 head unit out of my 04 Mustang (the cd changer was trying to eat my cds). I installed a decent Kenwood hu in it and overall have been pretty happy. At the same time, I've had a brand new sub sitting in a box in my closet for about 7 years now- literally never used. I also have an old amp. Essentially it's all set up and ready to go. The questions I have is 1) is it worth me installing in the stang, 2) how do I do the install.

I've found the info as far as if you're running the stock head unit and I've found a lot of info about how you have to adjust the sub for each song, which honestly just sounds like a PITA. Any help and info would be greatly appreciated. I've replaced head units and speakers in other cars, but someone else had done a sub for me. I haven't done that myself yet.

vadersaysno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:32 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Georgia
yes installing subs is always a plus.. to hook up the amp just run the power wire from the trunk to the battery.. dont just have wires visibly throughout the car it will look ghetto.. run it along side of the door panels and go thru the firewall.. next is to ground the amp to some metal in the trunk. peel off some paint and ground it as close to the amp as possible. next run your rca cables and remote wire to the back of the head unit. run the rcas and remote wire on the opposite side of the car so u dont hear your engine while your music is playing. the amp should be ready to go. next wire the sub up to the amp. bam you should be done. dont turn the gain on the amp all the way up leave it about 25% percent. next would be to get a good set of highs so you can actually hear treble. tweeters work amazing. pretty sure i am missing something let me know if you need help, i just installed a system in my 99 gt
Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video