Mach 460 on 2003 - problems with speakers and custom radio - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-03-2014, 06:24 PM   #1
Registered Member
Mach 460 on 2003 - problems with speakers and custom radio

I just purchased my 2003 and found the sony stereo was not putting out sound well. If I turned everything to the front only the left front would work from tweeter and the back non-tweeters would just slightly come on. It would do other things that didn't make sense when you changed to other zones.

I pulled the radio out, I didn't see anything strange looking. So I disconnected all the speakers and worked on one at a time. Long story short, I don't think they used a comparable convert kit on the wires when they put it in. It only had two plug wires for the subs. The radio has 4 so just for fun I sliced in an addition plug wire to each harness wire, i.e, I made a splitter on the white and red jacks. Plugged it in and all speakers came on and changed zones correctly.

I really didn't think that would work but it did.
xfree143 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules