Kicker DS12L72 Subwoofers? Do they fit? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-08-2014, 09:58 PM   #1

Region: Texas
Kicker DS12L72 Subwoofers? Do they fit?

Hi, I am in the process of buying a 2013 GT Premium soon. I have a question. I am wanting to put two Kicker 12" L7's in the mustang. Ive seen it been done quite a few times on YouTube yet all of them were in custom boxes. I saw on the Kicker website that they have the "Kicker DS12L72" which is basically the two subs in a factory build ported box which matches the subs perfectly. This would be the perfect option yet I have not been able to find anyone that has used this in a mustang. My question is if this would fit in the trunk. I don't care if i would have to remove the seats or something just to get the box inside as long as i would be able to put everything back where it was. If this won't fit do you have any recommendations of what i should do? I cant spend a fortune on someone making a custom install for me yet it seems like it might be the only way to do it. Here is a link to the subs so you can see the specs and sizing Kicker 11DS12L72 Dual 12" Box with 2 Solo-Baric L7 Subwoofers

Thanks for your help!!!!!!

Sorry! This was my first post and I just now realized that i posted in the wrong forum. This should have been in the audio section. I cant seem to delete this now. I wont repost unless this one gets deleted but I apologize!
Toxcidic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2014, 04:57 AM   #2
Sad Panda
Staff

Region: Texas
Kicker DS12L72 Subwoofers? Do they fit?

Moved to right section maybe someone knows
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:22 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxcidic View Post
Hi, I am in the process of buying a 2013 GT Premium soon. I have a question. I am wanting to put two Kicker 12" L7's in the mustang. Ive seen it been done quite a few times on YouTube yet all of them were in custom boxes. I saw on the Kicker website that they have the "Kicker DS12L72" which is basically the two subs in a factory build ported box which matches the subs perfectly. This would be the perfect option yet I have not been able to find anyone that has used this in a mustang. My question is if this would fit in the trunk. I don't care if i would have to remove the seats or something just to get the box inside as long as i would be able to put everything back where it was. If this won't fit do you have any recommendations of what i should do? I cant spend a fortune on someone making a custom install for me yet it seems like it might be the only way to do it. Here is a link to the subs so you can see the specs and sizing Kicker 11DS12L72 Dual 12" Box with 2 Solo-Baric L7 Subwoofers

Thanks for your help!!!!!!

Sorry! This was my first post and I just now realized that i posted in the wrong forum. This should have been in the audio section. I cant seem to delete this now. I wont repost unless this one gets deleted but I apologize!
I have come across a few websites that makes custom subwoofer boxes for our mustangs. Google it. I believe one of them is zenoenclosures or something like that. $110-$130.

|| BlackOnBlack ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2014, 08:50 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
May be you should make your first custom box. It is not as hard as it looks like. The subs will come with a piece of paper telling you the amount of square footage need. A saw, drill, wood, wood glue, and screws. Also fiberglass, paint, or carpet.

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video