2014 and the I datalink maestro - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-10-2014, 07:15 PM   #1
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
2014 and the I datalink maestro

So today I took the plunge and swapped out my stock Sync Shaker system on my 2014. Keep in mind I'm not new to car audio, I've done all kinds of stuff to my cars. From simple system to full blown active ones. I really like doing it.

Here's my take on this whole set up from idatalink. It's a really good straight forward kit. You hook up the wires on the new head unit to the wires on the Maestro, very simple. Once it's all together you just plug in the plugs from the Maestro to the stock harness, it really is super easy. I used a Kenwood DNN770hd. The sound is night and day different. I swapped the speakers and I was disappointed, this is a game changer. Very full sound and no more basic bass and treble. I'm still having a few issues with my iphone 5 but hopefully I'll figure that out.

So to the folks at idatalink . Very well designed kit. I really think that even with modest mechanical abilities any one can hook this up.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2014, 11:23 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

yeah I have the ADS dash kit and Maestro as well, and I cant say enough good things about it! I love that you can check and clear CEL's right from the head unit too! I recently installed long tubes and a catted x-pipe, well I would get a CEL every 150mi or so, it pops up on the head unit right away, you tap the glowing engine on the head unit, it tells you the code(s) and you reset it. one warning, if you do any datalogging, you have to completely disconnect the OBDII connections to the head unit.
scott_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:35 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
yeah I have the ADS dash kit and Maestro as well, and I cant say enough good things about it! I love that you can check and clear CEL's right from the head unit too! I recently installed long tubes and a catted x-pipe, well I would get a CEL every 150mi or so, it pops up on the head unit right away, you tap the glowing engine on the head unit, it tells you the code(s) and you reset it. one warning, if you do any datalogging, you have to completely disconnect the OBDII connections to the head unit.
No you don't. Just go into SETTINGS in the gauges screen and choose OBDII Communication. You can disable them from the menu and re-enable after data logging..

cheers,
maestro.idatalink.com
12V Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2014, 12:05 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12V Guy View Post
No you don't. Just go into SETTINGS in the gauges screen and choose OBDII Communication. You can disable them from the menu and re-enable after data logging..

cheers,
that does not work sir, I've tried it, I have to completely disconnect the wires to enable me to data log..........I tried both the auto enable/disable as well as completely disabling the OBDII in the settings

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2014, 12:56 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
that does not work sir, I've tried it, I have to completely disconnect the wires to enable me to data log..........I tried both the auto enable/disable as well as completely disabling the OBDII in the settings

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk
That is so weird. When you set the setting to DISABLED, we do not talk on the bus at all. The wire connection being hooked up should cause no issue and be undetectable by any other device on network. There are over 20 nodes on the network. Not sure why this is the case, but would love to solve it. Disco the wires is terrible thing to have to do.

Cheers,
maestro.idatalink.com
12V Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:17 PM   #6

Region: Michigan
did you have to buy a seperate unit to retain satellite radio??
Artie2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:18 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie2014GT View Post
did you have to buy a seperate unit to retain satellite radio??
you need the SXV200 receiver, and fyi, the factory satellite antenna can be used as well. you just need to remove the orange factory housing on the end of the plug that goes into the stock head unit
scott_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 06:58 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
you need the SXV200 receiver, and fyi, the factory satellite antenna can be used as well. you just need to remove the orange factory housing on the end of the plug that goes into the stock head unit
I want to make sure I understand. Are you saying that if my car came with the Sirius satellite radio antenna stock, there is a work around so that I don't need to buy the SXV200 receiver?

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 07:02 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
I want to make sure I understand. Are you saying that if my car came with the Sirius satellite radio antenna stock, there is a work around so that I don't need to buy the SXV200 receiver?

no no no, sorry for the confusion, you will still need the sxv200 receiver, but you can use the stock satellite antenna that's mounted on the trunk lid

sent from HTC M8 using tapatalk
Old 08-14-2014, 07:05 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
no no no, sorry for the confusion, you will still need the sxv200 receiver, but you can use the stock satellite antenna that's mounted on the trunk lid

Glad I checked. Thanks!

Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:27 PM   #11

Region: Michigan
That is correct, mine came with factory XM but I still had to purchase the module

Quote:

Artie2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video