Satellite radio sound quality - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-21-2014, 05:13 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Satellite radio sound quality

My stock radio has a "muddy" sound when in satellite mode. The highs are just not there. The radio sounds fine when playing music in FM and Aux(I-Pod). Has anyone else experienced this?
2014 Ruby Red V6 Premium, Pony Package, Magnaflow Street Axle-backs, MMD Hood Struts, SCT X4 with Steeda lifetime tunes, Boss 302 Strut tower brace, JLT Oil Separator, OEM extended range remote start, Raxiom Navigation.
dj2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2014, 05:19 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Satellite radio sucks.
It sounds waaaay to compressed. Sirius tried to tell me it was a fault with newer car radios and I should take it to the dealer to have it fixed (when I had my Fiesta ST). Well, my current car which I just bought used and is 3 years old has the same problem, so I really doubt thats the issue.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:26 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

A coworker has a Toyota Tundra and he says his satellite sounds like FM. His sounds great. Makes me not want to renew my satellite subscription.
2014 Ruby Red V6 Premium, Pony Package, Magnaflow Street Axle-backs, MMD Hood Struts, SCT X4 with Steeda lifetime tunes, Boss 302 Strut tower brace, JLT Oil Separator, OEM extended range remote start, Raxiom Navigation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2014, 08:41 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I've noticed the same and will not be renewing due to the poor audio quality. It is a shame as I like some of the stations they have available.
3.31 gears, FRPP TracKey tuned, FRPP K springs, FRPP Adjustable Shocks/Struts, FRPP front/rear sway bars, FRPP Panhard, Steeda UCA / LCAs, GT500 Quad tip AB, MGW shifter, Niche Targa Blk 19" Staggered wheels with Michelin Pilot Super Sports
MALWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 08:50 PM   #5
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
No complaints here at all

My Sirius sounds great. I like it a whole lot.
Of Course I usually only listen to 50's & 60's Music
It works great for what I like.
Old classic country also sounds good on my radio.
Well worth the $90.00 a year I pay for it.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 08:57 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
That is why I didn't renew my subscription. It sounds like you're listening to it underwater. It has to be a Ford thing. I know another guy who has a 2014 Shelby, same thing, another guy has a 2014 GT, again same thing.

I also have a friend who has a 2013 Camaro 1LE, it sounds fine. Same with my other friends vette, Dodge trucks, jeeps, they all sound fine with satellite radio, only the Mustangs seem to have it in AM quality.
Old 06-21-2014, 09:25 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
My Sirius sounds great. I like it a whole lot.
Of Course I usually only listen to 50's & 60's Music
It works great for what I like.
Old classic country also sounds good on my radio.
Well worth the $90.00 a year I pay for it.
Ronnie
Do you have the stock radio?
Old 06-22-2014, 06:33 AM   #8
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Yes-- Stock radio that came with my premium

it is called a SHAKER and is so clear I can at times hear scratches on some of the old recordings that were not that great when new.
I don't listen to headache music so I don't know if that comes out clear at all.
I do listen to Talk Radio once in a while (NOT OFTEN) and the voices are always clear.
Try setting your radio a little different and it may make a difference.
Ronnie
PS: My CD's also sound great through my Radio as well as FM and AM.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:24 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I have the SHAKER as well and have adjusted all of the settings. Only the satellite sounds "muddy" with very little highs. The FM and I-Pod sound great. A coworker has a 2011 Focus and his sounds great. I guess it could be my satellite receiver. I'll have to take it in since it's under warranty.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:14 AM   #10
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

It may be a problem in your area

I just called a friend that used to install radio's at Best buy. He also was a radio TV repair man.
He said that it could be a problem with Satalite reception in your area. He did say it was probably not as bad for you in the winter or fall when it is cooler.
I see you live in Texas where it is really hot and dry. It may or may not be your problem. I live in Florida and it is hot but not so dry. I'm only about 50 miles from Kennady so I'll bet my reception is great because of Satalite location.
I see Colin lives in another area that is probably giving problems due to weather and satalite location.
Ronnie
Old 06-22-2014, 03:09 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I wish it was dry here. LOL. I live just 20 minutes from Galveston and it is hot and humid as hell here.
Is the satellite receiver separate from the radio receiver? I noticed a yellow plug-in connector on the back of my radio when I had it out. Is that for the sat receiver?
Old 07-09-2014, 08:19 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
The satellite receiver is usually located in the trunk. Check your antenna connections. I have an 08 gt and I have the Shaker 500 I finally got satellite turned on yesterday and mine sounds fine. My step-daughter has one in her focus and it sounds fine too.
rangerbert is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video