Kicker Shelby Subs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-05-2014, 12:44 PM   #1
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
Kicker Shelby Subs

I ordered these subs to replace the garbage that comes with the stock Shaker system. I blew the drivers door one and Im only using the stock amps. With the Kickers I will be amping them separately. Im doing a 4 channel amp with 2 channels for the front speakers and the other 2 for the subs. Since they are 2 ohm they will be getting around 100watts each. Since I have a 10" W6 in the trunk Im mainly using these for some mid bass.

Im hoping this will be better than the stock crap...anyone else do this?
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2014, 02:48 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I've got the Shelby Kickers running off the OEM amp on my '13 premium right now. Somewhat less volume but much tighter and cleaner sound. Took the opportunity to install plenty of GTMAT sound deadening material behind the door cards and inside the door while I was at it.

I've been trying to decide whether to amp those subs or add one to the trunk and would be really interested in what you come up with. For the 6x8s they have all been replaced with the Shelby Kicker upgrades and I'll probably add the Shelby amp to power them in the future. In my '13, the Shelby amp upgrade does not power the door subs (only the four 6x8s), rather it instead supplies a bass signal intended to be connected to a powered trunk sub. The Door subs are left connected to the OEM amp.
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
WJBertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 02:58 PM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

I should have the subs by the end of the week. Hopefully Ill get them in this weekend, if not next. Keep an eye on this thread and Ill make sure to update what happens.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video