So, as technology advances so does my needs. In fact ive been told that i have confused my needs and wants. And in fact i do have a 2014 GT, So i could agree.
So here is my dilemma, i want to install a tablet in my 2014 gt. I have a few questions for those who have sucessfuly done this. Ive done some research, but i havent found much on the 2011+
as for the tablet i still have to do some research, however i plan on using nexus 7 or galaxy tab 2, if you have other ideads, please let me know!
So i found this duble din kit with climate control
Ford Mustang Dash Kit | 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 | FD1441AB | by Scosche
i dont intend to spend 429 on it, i think i found multiple sales at 249.99
so my questions are as follows:
1. Is this the only double din that is mass produced? Reason im asking is becuase i believe it will be hard to mess with the tablet due to the obstruction of the sifter knob? i was trying to look for a double din radio template that has the stereo and climate control switched so that the radio was in the center
2. is it possible to get the tablet to handle the climate control?
3. so im assuming that the tablet will connect to the GT via bluetooth, but will the steering wheel controls still work, and how do i get a radio signal to a tablet?
4. Im also assuming that the tablet will connect to 4g via my cell phone as a hotspot, but then do i just unpair my cell from my gt and pair it to the tablet to make phone calls via bt?
5.Last question i can think about before i start this huge project, i know the tablet will fit smoothly in the double din template, however how do i mount the tablet to stay put?
6. Okay i lied, this is last question. Any other things i might be missing? im sure it wont be as easy as im making it out to be